Walkthroughs

Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Dust: An Elysian Tail Walkthrough Discussion

• LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,666,343
    Posted on 03 June 17 at 00:34
    Nah there's nothing against it, I think I've done it a few times for other games.

To be clear it still has a story walkthrough and covers all the achievements, it just only includes chests and such that have good stuff. That's typically how I do my walkthroughs. IMO an exhaustive list of chests is only really worth the effort if it gives you an achievement or provides a useful bonus. In this case it certainly doesn't.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,655,181
    Posted on 03 June 17 at 00:36
    Any detail for this game, to me personally is welcome. I got kinda stuck on this easy and lost track of where I needed to go/what to do. Definitely will be using this in the near future once it's published.
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant1,121,208
    Posted on 03 June 17 at 00:40
    @BP. I agree, no harm.

@Danger. Thanks for confirming.
    Posted on 04 June 17 at 23:48
    Alright I've submitted it for review.

Any questions/problems/issues, just post here!
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Information
  • RadiantViperRadiantViper1,118,390
    Posted on 14 December 18 at 12:45, Edited on 14 December 18 at 13:07 by RadiantViper
    Hey Slime, excellent walkthrough, but I just noticed one issue. On page 6 you detail how to do the two combo related achievements which also fulfills a quest "Combo Breaker". I thought I actually had to have the quest in order for this to count and you don't get the quest til later in your walkthrough (after the "Out to Dry" quest). However "Combo Breaker" does unlock if you've done a 1000 combo previously so I would suggest adding some text to make that clear so people don't think they need to skip ahead and get it first, and shifting around some text like "Should get an achievement once you turn in Corbin's quest, too." since you won't have the quest yet.

Walkthrough has been a great help overall toast
    Posted on 15 December 18 at 13:16
    Found another issue: On page 8 at the end of the first paragraph is says to go to the right to get to a cage ("before heading over there though, go east and jump up the platforms"). However you can't get it without double jump which you don't have at that point of the walkthrough.
    Posted on 20 December 18 at 01:10
    My bad, I saw this post a couple days ago and had to do something and forgot about it. I'll download it and boot it up to take a look at what you're talking about. I assume the 1000 combo is just me typing things wrong...no clue about the chest thing. I wrote it as I went through the game so I'm not sure why I would have included something I couldn't have accessed. If you find any other issues let me know!
    Posted on 20 December 18 at 03:00, Edited on 20 December 18 at 03:06 by RadiantViper
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    My bad, I saw this post a couple days ago and had to do something and forgot about it. I'll download it and boot it up to take a look at what you're talking about. I assume the 1000 combo is just me typing things wrong...no clue about the chest thing. I wrote it as I went through the game so I'm not sure why I would have included something I couldn't have accessed. If you find any other issues let me know!
    No worries. The one about the cage is just a little too early, the next paragraph or so is when you get the double jump so it can be shifted below that. I'll let you know if I spot anything else but so far that's all I've noticed, near perfect walkthrough.
  • Posted on 15 February 19 at 07:07
    RadiantViper said:
    Found another issue: On page 8 at the end of the first paragraph is says to go to the right to get to a cage ("before heading over there though, go east and jump up the platforms"). However you can't get it without double jump which you don't have at that point of the walkthrough.
    Yes, I just ran into this issue too. After watching a video I see that you need a skill which we don't have at this point of the walkthrough. Only issue I've noticed so far, excellent walkthrough!
  • Posted on 11 November 19 at 03:05
    Ok; probably a dumb question (and that mostly because in the long run it may not matter), but here goes:

When leveling up Dust, you suggest: "You'll want to lean toward attack>defense>health>Fidget in the beginning"... does this mean:
    1) Put everything into Attack until it's full, then everything into Defense, etc., etc., or
    2) Put one into Attack, the next into Defense, and so on, or
    3) something different?

Sorry, I tend to overthink things lol
    Posted on 14 November 19 at 05:58
    My bad, I checked this while I was at work and said "I'll reply when I get home" and then forgot by the time I was off. I do that a lot...

Anyway, it's been quite some time since I've played it honestly, so my memory is quite rusty. It seems you can't put everything into one stat, because you can't go higher than 5 above every other stat, so you have to spread them out regardless of what you do. So I would spread them between Attack/Defense/Health early, and then later on start putting most of them into Fidget. You get accessories that boost Fidget a lot later on and he becomes super strong, but before that he sucks pretty bad. You'll still have to put some points into it (because of the 5 point gap rule) but you'd only level it when you need to.
  • Posted on 17 November 19 at 21:58
    TonyTwoSteaks said:
    RadiantViper said:
    Yes, I just ran into this issue too. After watching a video I see that you need a skill which we don't have at this point of the walkthrough. Only issue I've noticed so far, excellent walkthrough!
    Yeah, I just hit this issue, too. I'm surprised that it hasn't been updated, but maybe he did and it just never got replublished. I just spent way too much time trying to get up there only to realize that I can't until I get double jump.

The underlined portion below in the quoted text from the walkthrough (I've also linked the page) is the part that needs to be adjusted to after Double Jump has been acquired.
    Dust: An Elysian Tail Walkthrough
    "There's a save portal here, head west to a new area. Here you'll encounter wolves, which jump at you and also jump into the air and divebomb you, which does quite a bit of damage. You'll also encounter enemies with clubs, that work just like they have since the beginning of the game. Another thing to note is that save portals are much less common in this area, so make sure you have a resurrection stone or two on hand and keep your health as high as possible. Head west until you see thin stone platforms. A chest with an Amulet of the Madman is to the west (80 attack 12 luck). The stone platforms break shortly after you step on them (though they do regenerate). Climb up them and jump into a new area. Head west, and shortly after an avalanche you'll climb up and can go east to find a key on a platform. To the west is a merchant. Before heading over there though, go east and jump up the platforms. You'll find a key, and at the top you'll see a door you can enter. Go right until you hit a wall then jump up, then enter the door. Hold left until you hit a wall and jump up, then go right and jump off the platform you're on to reach a door, enter it. Jump up the platform to the right, then go all the way right and jump up, then head left to the door. Go left to the door and enter it. Drop down from the platform, then go left and jump up to find a cage. Open it and leave.

You'll see some floating platforms, jump on one and take it to a platform to the east, then jump into a new area. Head east and slide under a wall to find a new area. Only new enemy here is the bombs, just get close enough for them to explode and then run away like usual. In this area head east yet again to a new area. Head east and use the save portal, as a boss awaits. She will create a crystal with either fidget or dust on it, if it's Dust and you let her break it, you take massive damage. If it's Fidget, he is silenced. So, just treat her like the second boss of the game, since she floats in the air. Jump, [cn_x]+[cn_x]+[cn_x]+[cn_y] and dunk her cheap ass. Once she is dead, a tad to the east you'll find an ability orb, giving you the ability to double jump."
    Posted on 18 November 19 at 04:15
    I honestly thought I fixed that, but according to the edit history, I never did. Not sure what happened. I edited it to what I think should be right, though it's been 2 1/2 years. The old overseer is gone, so I messaged the WT manager to approve it. Sorry guys.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads