Game Discussion: F1 2013 Forum

Questions about coop achievements

AuthorMessage
Rotating Cube
Rotating Cube
Posted on 25 May 15 at 09:45
I have a couple of questions for those who have gotten or at least attempted to get the "Co-op Driver's World Champion" and "There's no I in Team" achievements.

-I'm assuming this is going to take a lot of time. Do you have to do it all in one go, or can you and your partner stop partway and then continue another time?

-Winning the championships involve both players beating the AI racers right? If that's the case then I might be in trouble (I'm struggling in solo offline races already). How hard is this?
Mr Granstaff
Mr Granstaff
Posted on 25 May 15 at 20:29
I was wondering the same thing. I would be curious to know the answer as well.
Rollus Tidus
Tms45
Tms45
Posted on 25 May 15 at 21:01, Edited on 25 May 15 at 21:04 by Tms45
No you don't have to do this in one go and stop whenever you or your team mate want.

Winning the driver's championship mean you have to get more points than your teammate and all the Ai at the end of the championship.

You can also alterne the wins if you want the achievement for both players in one championship. ( i didn't do that personally )
More informations :
F1 2013Co-op Drivers' World ChampionThe Co-op Drivers' World Champion achievement in F1 2013 worth 241 pointsWin the Drivers' Championship in Co-op.

The constructor's championship is basically the same as driver, this time it's not you but your construcor that have to be 1st at the end, it's hardly missable if at least one of you can manage 1st place most of the time.

You should get the driver's achievement when it's mathematically impossible for your teammate or one of the AI to win, same goes for contrusctor, once there is no way a constructor can catch your, you should get the " There's no I in Team".

You can check both leaderbord in the lobby and after each races after the result's screen by pressing LB / RB.

I also found the coop championship a little bit easier than the solo one, but that might be just me, if you think you are not good enough and havn't done that yet, remove completely the brake assist, and using the camera above the helmet makes the game way easier, at least for me.

One more thing that happened to me, i didn't get the "Co-op Driver's World Champion" when it should have pop.
After some research it can happen that if your teammate won the driver's championship, the achievement will pop for him ( makes sense ) but after that my save assumed that i also have this achievement, which make this achievement impossible to unlock for me on this save, to fix that i just had to launch the game on another device and play one more race.
Good to notice that i wasn't the host, so obviously on another device i didn't have the save for the coop, not sure if the other player can host the game if he wasn't the host in the first place, i didn't try that.

In short i would recommend that the host get the driver's championship in the first season.
Then the other player host the 2nd season for his achievement.
You have to do 50 online races anyway, so it's not a waste of time.
Rotating Cube
Rotating Cube
Posted on 26 May 15 at 10:55
Thanks so much for the information. This should help. Shame about that glitch though. The achievement's tough enough without it.

BTW, what did you mean when you said "launch the game on another device"? Did you mean another xbox console?
Tms45
Tms45
Posted on 26 May 15 at 12:08, Edited on 26 May 15 at 12:20 by Tms45
No, sorry english is not my native language, basically my main save was on my main hard drive, i just started the game on my memory card when i had to choose for a new save, my friend invited me, i won the race and got my achievement, i'm pretty sure you don't even have to complete the race if they can't catch you on the leaderboard.
Just be careful to not erase your main save.
But hey hopefully this achievement will unlock just fine for you. smile

Oh and i didn't mean to say that for the 2nd season, the 2nd player host for himself, because i'm not sure if one of the player can host if he wasn't the host in the first place like i said, so yeah 1 st season, host doesn't matter, 2nd season the host should be the player who already has this achievement.
But if both player have the save of the coop, it doesn't really matter, i just never hosted the coop, that's why i'm not sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.