Game Info Submission Archive: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Archive for the Game Info Submission board

Ghostbusters: The Video Game - Achievement Flag submissions

Related game: Ghostbusters: The Video Game

• Information
    Posted on 09 June 13 at 15:55, Edited on 25 February 15 at 16:16 by Chad and Jessie
    CrAzEdCaNuCk18 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game:

CrAzEdCaNuCk18 said:
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameThe DestructorThe The Destructor achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 76 pointsComplete the game with more than $3,000,000 in property damage.

Should not be missable, you can reload previous missions after the game is complete to destroy property to add to your total and then achieve it after replaying the final boss.

• The Fury I84IThe Fury I84I1,711,411
    Posted on 09 June 13 at 16:48
    Thanks for your submission. I removed the Missable flag because you can reload previous missions. All destroyed property adds up to your total which means it's cumulative so I also added that flag.
  • Information
    Posted on 26 March 14 at 06:21
    https://www.trueachievements.com/matdan12.htm has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game:

matdan12 said:
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameSlam Dunk!The Slam Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 19 pointsSlam dunk a ghost into a trap.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameSlime Dunk!The Slime Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 24 pointsTrap a ghost using the Slime Tether.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameStasis Dunk!The Stasis Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 28 pointsTrap a ghost using the Stasis Stream.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameHeat 'Em UpThe Heat 'Em Up achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 25 pointsPurchase all upgrades for the Proton Gun.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameMother Pus Bucket!The Mother Pus Bucket! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 25 pointsPurchase all upgrades for the Slime Gun.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameWe be fast! They be slow!The We be fast! They be slow! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 26 pointsPurchase all upgrades for the Dark Matter Generator.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameI Don't Want My Face Burned OffThe I Don't Want My Face Burned Off achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 26 pointsPurchase all upgrades for the Meson Collider.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameWe Have the Tools!The We Have the Tools! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 54 pointsPurchase all available equipment upgrades.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameIt's Slime TimeThe It's Slime Time achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 42 pointsUse the Slime Tether on 15 ghosts.

+ Shop

Ghostbusters: The Video GameGhostbusters Drinking GameThe Ghostbusters Drinking Game achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 108 pointsQuench your thirst wherever possible to avoid being scared spitless.

+ Collectable - Requires finding water fountains.

Ghostbusters: The Video GamePayday!The Payday! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 101 pointsBe the overall top earner in each Xbox LIVE campaign setting.

- Partly Discontinued - Still obtainable however still buggy as ever with no guarantees of it unlocking.
    + Buggy- - Still a high chance it will bug out.

Ghostbusters: The Video GameNo Job Too BigThe No Job Too Big achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 82 pointsDefeat all Most Wanted Ghosts.

- Partly Discontinued - Still obtainable however still buggy as ever with no guarantees of it unlocking.
    + Buggy- - Still a high chance it will bug out.

Ghostbusters: The Video GameGozer's Most WantedThe Gozer's Most Wanted achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 127 pointsSuccessfully complete each Xbox LIVE job in every location.

+ Time Sensitive - Destruction jobs among others requires doing the job withing a time limit.
    Possibly:
    + Hidden Requirement - The jobs are not tracked or mentioned also does not mention job successful conditions.

• Chad and JessieChad and Jessie1,703,033
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 13:03
    Hey mattdan,

Thanks of for the submission. We've applied most of the flags as suggestion, with the following exceptions...
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameSlime Dunk!The Slime Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 24 pointsTrap a ghost using the Slime Tether.
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameStasis Dunk!The Stasis Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 28 pointsTrap a ghost using the Stasis Stream.
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameIt's Slime TimeThe It's Slime Time achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 42 pointsUse the Slime Tether on 15 ghosts.
    - We did not apply shop as we believe the Slime Tether and Stasis Stream add-on are story progression, so you are not required to purchase them.

Ghostbusters: The Video GameNo Job Too BigThe No Job Too Big achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 82 pointsDefeat all Most Wanted Ghosts.
    Ghostbusters: The Video GamePayday!The Payday! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 101 pointsBe the overall top earner in each Xbox LIVE campaign setting.
    - Both of these are still unobtainable to specific members of the community, even after the patch.

Ghostbusters: The Video GameGozer's Most WantedThe Gozer's Most Wanted achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 127 pointsSuccessfully complete each Xbox LIVE job in every location.
    - We did not apply Hidden Requirement to this achievement. We'd use HR if, for example, a game mode was locked and in order to unlock it you'd need to first complete the main storyline. Since these sorts of hidden requirement are not present we didn't apply the flag. We also did not apply the Time Sensitive flag. While the one game mode does have a set time frame, the achievement itself does not have a predetermined time frame that must be met in order to unlock this achievement. This means we don't use this Time Sensitive flag in this instance.

Thanks again for the suggestions. toast
  • matdanmatdan860,766
    Posted on 19 September 14 at 13:36, Edited on 19 September 14 at 13:36 by matdan
    Chad and Jessie said:
    Hey mattdan,

Thanks of for the submission. We've applied most of the flags as suggestion, with the following exceptions...

- We did not apply shop as we believe the Slime Tether and Stasis Stream add-on are story progression, so you are not required to purchase them.
    Slam Dunk trap upgrade for $18,000. Needed for all Slam Dunk achievements needed for both those and:
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameSlam Dunk!The Slam Dunk! achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 19 pointsSlam dunk a ghost into a trap.
  • Information
    Posted on 02 November 14 at 20:33
    Phoenix C64 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game:

Phoenix C64 said:

why was the buggy flag removed from this achievement? i haven't played it for a long time, but i did attempt this achievemt at least 3 times AFTER the infamous patch, and it did not unlock. and if you read the comments on the achievemt, it still seems to be the case.

Posted on 16 February 15 at 18:11
    matdan12 said:
    Chad and Jessie said:
    Hey mattdan,

Slam Dunk trap upgrade for $18,000. Needed for all Slam Dunk achievements needed for both those and:
    Hey again matdan,

Sorry to not have gotten back to this one sooner :(

For both Slime Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Stasis Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game we're finding conflicting info on wither the slam dunk upgrade is REQUIRED or not required.
    EDIT: After a bit of experimentation it seems you don't need the upgrade to slime dunk a ghost
    and
    Note that this achievement may possibly require the Slam Dunk trap upgrade for $18,000. I'm not certain of this though as every time I have attempted doing this I have already had that upgrade.
    Any chance this is something you're willing to test or do you have sources that might help us sort out if indeed a purchase is required or not??? Thanks in advance.

TrueAchievement said:
    Phoenix C64 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game:

Phoenix C64 said:

why was the buggy flag removed from this achievement? i haven't played it for a long time, but i did attempt this achievemt at least 3 times AFTER the infamous patch, and it did not unlock. and if you read the comments on the achievemt, it still seems to be the case.

Hey Phoenix C64,

Thanks for the submission. This game is a bit of an oddity. We've removed the buggy flag as we replaced it with the partly discontinued/unobtainable flag. While the patch was suppose to make the achievements obtainable, it only seems to have been fixed for those who never played the game prior to patch. Unfortunately it appears those that had played the game prior to the patch may be permanently locked out of getting this achievement, and thus making this achievement obtainable for some and unobtainable for others...which falls under our Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable flag definition.

Thanks again. toast
  • matdanmatdan860,766
    Posted on 17 February 15 at 10:30
    Chad and Jessie said:
    matdan12 said:
    Chad and Jessie said:
    Hey mattdan,

Hey again matdan,

Sorry to not have gotten back to this one sooner :(

For both Slime Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Stasis Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game we're finding conflicting info on wither the slam dunk upgrade is REQUIRED or not required.
    EDIT: After a bit of experimentation it seems you don't need the upgrade to slime dunk a ghost
    and
    Note that this achievement may possibly require the Slam Dunk trap upgrade for $18,000. I'm not certain of this though as every time I have attempted doing this I have already had that upgrade.
    Any chance this is something you're willing to test or do you have sources that might help us sort out if indeed a purchase is required or not??? Thanks in advance.
    Don't have the game anymore but I believe you can only slam dunk with the tethers. But you cannot slam-dunk without the upgrade. (Been a while and I gave up after the game's online bugged out.

Chad and Jessie said:
    While the patch was suppose to make the achievements obtainable, it only seems to have been fixed for those who never played the game prior to patch. Unfortunately it appears those that had played the game prior to the patch may be permanently locked out of getting this achievement, and thus making this achievement obtainable for some and unobtainable for others...which falls under our Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable flag definition.

Thanks again. toast
    All false. Does not matter if you played before of after the patch. That patch fixed nothing. After trying everything from the normal to the downright bizarre it did not unlock the final achievement online. Multiple people can confirm that as well.

Should be Buggy - because that flag is false and would imply that I played before the patch which I did not or many others.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
    Posted on 25 February 15 at 16:16
    Thank you for the extra info. toast

For these cases we have created a new synergy of Buggy- & Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable to indicate that in case you happen to encounter the buggy (that was supposedly patched *sigh*) you will be permanently locked out of these achievements. We have applied the synergy to all Partly Discontinued/Unobtainable achievements in this game. toast

For Slime Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game and Stasis Dunk! in Ghostbusters: The Video Game our recollection was that the upgrades were NOT required to earn these. For now, we decided to not add shop to these achievements, but we'll happily readdress this if future testing/info is done. Thanks again for all the assistance. toast
  • Information
    Posted on 25 February 15 at 17:08
    This post was archived by Crandy
  • Information
  • MichalKVMichalKV1,025,225
    Posted on 18 October 18 at 13:11
    Thank you for your submission Chefmole. We have added PDU flag to the achievement.
  • Information
    Posted on 19 October 18 at 10:08
    This post was archived by SuperAwesomez
  • Information
  • Information
    Posted on 30 August 19 at 21:45
    Luuc has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game Achievements:

Luuc said:
    Ghostbusters: The Video GameOverachieverThe Overachiever achievement in Ghostbusters: The Video Game worth 105 pointsGet over $2,500,000 in Xbox LIVE, over 30 post-job awards, 50 jobs completed.

Achievement should be marked as buggy-
    I'm having a lot of issues with this achievement, already have $10,000,000 unlocked, 31 unique post-job awards, around 100 jobs completed.
    Still no achievement, check all comments in solution about more people having issues with this achievement.
    This one is really buggy.

• MichalKVMichalKV1,025,225
    Posted on 03 September 19 at 06:42
    Thank you for the submission Vitiated1 and Luuc. We have flagged the achievement as Buggy-.
  • Information
    Posted on 03 September 19 at 14:44
    This post was archived by SuperAwesomez
  • Information
    Posted on 24 August 20 at 17:48
    Killface8800 has just submitted some Achievement Flag Info for Ghostbusters: The Video Game Achievements:

Killface8800 said:

In addition to Payday! and On the Payroll, this achievement has never unlocked for me after over a dozen attempts to unlock it. I have fulfilled all achievements repeatedly, and have been in sessions where other people got the achievement, but I have not. I consider it to be permanently unobtainable for my account.

• SuperAwesomezSuperAwesomez1,496,138
    Posted on 25 August 20 at 08:29
    Heya Killface8800, thanks for the submission, this is already marked as buggy- so there is not another flag that we could add at this time.
    Flagging Assistant Manager. Ask me about flags!
  • Information
    Posted on 25 August 20 at 10:59
    This post was archived by MichalKV
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads