Site Wishlist Forum

Got some ideas about how to make the site better? Post them here

Best Day Leaderboard

AuthorMessage
HegemonicHater
Posted on 20 July 15 at 14:56
I was just thinking the other day watching the remaining maniacs in leap frog laugh, it would be cool to have a leaderboard for gamers' best days (most gamerscore, achievements, TA etc in a day).
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 20 July 15 at 19:22
I love this idea, but I think it would take some effort to accommodate everyone's time zones. All the stats you see on the site are converted to your time zone, so going to another gamer's Stats > Best Days page isn't necessarily accurate.
HegemonicHater
Posted on 20 July 15 at 19:27
Hmm, yea i didn't think about that. I was thinking it would just pull everyone's "best day" from their own stats and put them in order.
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 20 July 15 at 19:40
It could definitely work, you could set your Best Day timezone in My Settings like they have set up for streak management. Then click a button on the leaderboard to rebuild your entry manually if necessary.
Ditto51
Ditto51
Posted on 29 July 15 at 16:17
If they add it then in order for the Leaderboards to be fair, then it would have to grab the best day by each individuals time zone.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 17 July 17 at 13:00
I just smashed out 40,000 gamerscore in one day. Curious to see how that ranks with some of the heavy hitters on the site. Hopefully we can get some sort of tracking like this as it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

https://www.trueachievements.com/gamerdayachievements.aspx?g...
TrueAchievement
Posted on 17 July 17 at 16:02
vSully said:
I just smashed out 40,000 gamerscore in one day. Curious to see how that ranks with some of the heavy hitters on the site. Hopefully we can get some sort of tracking like this as it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Firstly, congrats on the epic day!

Secondly, this is actually REALLY hard to implement.

We need to adjust every gamer's achievements by their local timezone, and then group them all together, and then see who has the best days.

That's (currently) over 1.1 billion achievement wins to adjust times for, and THEN group. Running that would take hours and hours, and also kill the site and scanners while it ran.

It would (probably) be better to dynamically build something for each gamer at the end of each day, but even then you have to allow for them changing their timezone setting. But you'd have to wait until you know they'd had everything scanned in before doing it for that day.

It's an awful lot of work, and while it would be a very cool stat to have, it's a bit of a nightmare to implement
Skeptical Mario
Posted on 17 July 17 at 21:28
Thanks for weighing in.
vSully
vSully
Posted on 17 July 17 at 22:02
Thanks, Rich.

Sometimes I forget that the site doesn't just magically make all the awesome things it does happen :)
RadicalSniper99
Posted on 18 July 17 at 16:21
TrueAchievement said:
vSully said:

Firstly, congrats on the epic day!

Secondly, this is actually REALLY hard to implement.

We need to adjust every gamer's achievements by their local timezone, and then group them all together, and then see who has the best days.

That's (currently) over 1.1 billion achievement wins to adjust times for, and THEN group. Running that would take hours and hours, and also kill the site and scanners while it ran.

It would (probably) be better to dynamically build something for each gamer at the end of each day, but even then you have to allow for them changing their timezone setting. But you'd have to wait until you know they'd had everything scanned in before doing it for that day.

It's an awful lot of work, and while it would be a very cool stat to have, it's a bit of a nightmare to implement
Quick question on this. Please forgive my ignorance if I'm way off here. Currently on site, there is the ability for people to view their "Best Days" under the stats menu. Is this information already according to an individual's Time Zone Setting for the site? If so, would it be possible to take those data points for each person and assemble a leaderboard based only on each person's best day? If not, sorry for possibly spreading misinformation and making things more difficult than they should be.

Thanks for the taking the time to look.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.