Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Magic: The Gathering 2014 Trailer

• Archer RivalArcher Rival422,113
  • Posted on 12 June 13 at 20:33, Edited on 12 June 13 at 20:34 by GameTagwastaken
    While you continue waiting patiently to tear open your virtual booster packs
    There's booster drafting now!?? (I can't see the video at work). Or just sealed deck?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,499,547
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 20:36
    GameTagwastaken said:
    There's booster drafting now!?? (I can't see the video at work).
    I don't know if it extends beyond the campaign, but yes there's a sealed deck mode. You go through the standard booster draft, and play through the campaign with your deck.
  • Posted on 12 June 13 at 21:00
    You mean we can finally build our own decks? That's just something I've wanted since I made the transition to playing digitally. Ohhhh so exciting. Not to mention busting out booster packs. This looks like it is finally the MtG we've been waiting for.
  • TableStopG3TableStopG3422,701
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 21:15
    GameTagwastaken said:
    There's booster drafting now!?? (I can't see the video at work). Or just sealed deck?
    Magic Ultimate Team
  • Posted on 12 June 13 at 21:19
    Build your own deck! Day one buy!
  • TOM USMCTOM USMC136,567
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 21:44
    Yeah, it might be too late for me. I have the original and 2013, but 2013 didn't keep my attention for long, Now I worry if a deck editor is enough to have me try it again.
    Semper Fi
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64317,619
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 22:22
    well, I'll wait for some more info... coz I have an inner alarm telling me that the whole sealed booster packs thingy is gonna be with micro transactions or something
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,499,547
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 23:51
    Phoenix C64 said:
    well, I'll wait for some more info... coz I have an inner alarm telling me that the whole sealed booster packs thingy is gonna be with micro transactions or something
    I'm pretty sure they confirmed it isn't. You just pick you cards at the beginning and play through the sealed campaign. If they have it for multiplayer, I'd guess you would build a deck with new boosters before each game (and those decks may or may not be permanent. Maybe a limited number)
  • KitsurawKitsuraw299,575
    Posted on 12 June 13 at 23:53
    Phoenix C64 said:
    -face palm- i highly doubt that would be true seeing as the only paid digitally card packs for magic have a set rule that if you get all the cards in a set you can trade them in for physical copies. And seeing as an arcade game is no where near having even all the cards in a single set i doubt there will be any other then deck keys as they've had before.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 June 13 at 23:55
    Odd you have no release date.....Joystiq does.
    XBOX ONE....the new console that plays YOU instead of you playing it!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,499,547
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 00:48
    CounterInsurgnt said:
    Odd you have no release date.....Joystiq does.
    Because Joystiq's is a PC release date based on a store page. For a company that has had games delayed from it's initially given date in the past. Yes it's unlikely (OK, borderline impossible probably), that the 360 version won't be out on that same June 26th release date. Very rarely (or ever?) though does TA post things like that without a confirmation.
  • LancerideLanceride555,064
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 00:54
    Heck yes! I will certainly be buying this!
    I remember when I was a Nintendo gamer... I really should get back to that.
  • StarlinXStarlinX299,141
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 03:20
    Fatal Exe said:
    You mean we can finally build our own decks? That's just something I've wanted since I made the transition to playing digitally. Ohhhh so exciting. Not to mention busting out booster packs. This looks like it is finally the MtG we've been waiting for.
    From the sounds of it, you have not tried out Magic Online? I mean, you mention "Since I made the transition to playing digitally." You can buy boosters, trade with other players, compete in DCI sanctioned tournaments, all online. Found that OMG card that you want in real life? You can trade in the 'digital' version and wizard will ship you a real version of the card.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,499,547
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 05:01
    StarlinX said:
    Found that OMG card that you want in real life? You can trade in the 'digital' version and wizard will ship you a real version of the card.
    That only applies to complete sets I believe. And they have to be full-foil sets, or 100% non-foil sets. And only the last 2 or 3 blocks laugh.
  • Posted on 13 June 13 at 08:38
    I played the computer one for a while. I never got lucky enough to get enough cards in order to get the real card. I have a large collection of cards but nobody to play with.
  • pezza888pezza888169,302
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 12:00, Edited on 13 June 13 at 12:01 by pezza888
    This is going to be sooooo good!!!!

Activate video by tapping three mountains
    lol
  • Gearbolt013Gearbolt0131,062,646
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 13:50
    Fatal Exe said:
    I played the computer one for a while. I never got lucky enough to get enough cards in order to get the real card. I have a large collection of cards but nobody to play with.
    Yeah, Same thing here.

But on topic, looking forward to this version because of the Seal Deck mode. Don't know how far they will "let you build your own deck", but I'm hoping. Previous titles said you could build your own deck, but all that was adding and removing certain cards, not actually building your deck with cards you wanted. Seal deck mode shows promise though. We'll see when it releases for XBLA.
  • Posted on 13 June 13 at 21:58
    Fatal Exe said:
    you said it cant wait
  • Archer RivalArcher Rival422,113
    Posted on 19 June 13 at 01:08
    pezza888 said:
    This is going to be sooooo good!!!!

Activate video by tapping three mountains
    lol
    I'm glad you enjoyed the reference! toast
    Perfection is the goal. Excellence will be tolerated.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.