Game Discussion: Angry Birds Trilogy

DLC Delisted

• JeffMommJeffMomm318,847
    Posted on 08 June 16 at 06:29Permalink
    I have Anger Management but need the Fowl Tempered pack. Does it work to actually copy the DLC pack? That seems unlikely to me but if it works, I'd be willing to work out a deal.

I bet it would work to download my profile onto someone else's console and they could have access to my DLC, and vice versa. For example, my wife's account didn't buy this pack, but she can play it since she's on the same console as me.
  • Posted on 20 June 16 at 15:28Permalink
    Yeah, it works if you download someone else's account and go to the marketplace under the account that downloaded the DLC and download it to the console. You then don't have to be on the downloaded account to play the DLC.
  • AhayzoAhayzo647,748
    Posted on 20 June 16 at 17:13Permalink
    Rusty Nail zh said:Yeah, it works if you download someone else's account and go to the marketplace under the account that downloaded the DLC and download it to the console. You then don't have to be on the downloaded account to play the DLC.Only if you do a license transfer for their account, which means their console no longer works that way.
    Posted on 24 June 16 at 21:19Permalink
    Okay, so the better method might be actually sending the DLC pack. Anyone interested in trying this?
  • D1S0R13NTD1S0R13NT133,532
    Posted on 29 June 16 at 20:40Permalink
    JeffMomm said:Okay, so the better method might be actually sending the DLC pack. Anyone interested in trying this?I need both DLCs, and Im willing to help in any way I can. My initial thought was to just send a Flash Drive by mail and copy/paste to your Console. Im not sure how the License Transfer works and I dont want that to backfire on me.
  • Posted on 02 August 16 at 20:39Permalink
    If anyone has an account that has these dlcs on i will pay message me i only want to lend
  • Posted on 05 August 16 at 07:54, Edited on 05 August 16 at 08:00 by Rusty Nail zhPermalink
    DEATHSxSPARTAN said:
    If anyone has an account that has these dlcs on i will pay message me i only want to lend
    Would be great to get both DLCs.

The USB thing wouldn't work, as the DLC is linked to the gamertag and console of the downloader. So when someone sends USB, for the other person to download it, you need to be signed in with the GT of the downloader....and at the end, you can't avoid hitting that license transfer button....
    Posted on 11 August 16 at 18:36Permalink
    Rusty Nail zh said:
    DEATHSxSPARTAN said:
    Would be great to get both DLCs.

The USB thing wouldn't work, as the DLC is linked to the gamertag and console of the downloader. So when someone sends USB, for the other person to download it, you need to be signed in with the GT of the downloader....and at the end, you can't avoid hitting that license transfer button....
    I originally thought this as well. Since I have 2 Xbox 360's and I wanted to see what would happen, so I tried it myself. Using my wife's account, it did work for me.

Here's what I did:
    1. I formatted the drive on my backup 360 so no one's profile was there.
    2. Then I downloaded my wife's profile - she doesn't have Gold.
    3. On my main 360, I signed in as me and copied the DLC onto a flash drive.
    4. Back on the backup 360, using my wife's account I copied the DLC to the hard drive.
    5. The first time I played the game, I was not connected to Xbox Live and it didn't work.
    6. I then connected to Xbox Live, with my wife's silver membership.
    7. This time when I started the game, it downloaded a game update and the DLC was there.

I think the important part of this was making sure the game had the latest update so it knew to look for the DLC.
  • SILVAF0XXSILVAF0XX326,466
    Posted on 21 December 16 at 23:19Permalink
    Interesting if that works!

I don't think many people would want to pass over their account details, but sending a flash drive would be different!
    Posted on 21 December 16 at 23:56Permalink
    I feel confident that it will work with only passing the file along with a flash drive. Just need to find a trading partner now.  If anyone is interested, please PM me.
  • Tess JakTess Jak273,145
    Posted on 03 March 17 at 00:27Permalink
    thanks Activision !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!angry I can't buy the dlc I am blocked. An accourt with the dlc made me a transfer and I can't download them! a solution?
  • Blue PapyrusBlue Papyrus204,786
    Posted on 20 September 18 at 07:07Permalink
    I really hate it when DLC gets delisted....angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.