Game Discussion: Watch_Dogs (Xbox 360)

For Social Lubrication...

• Posted on 13 June 14 at 17:21
    ... is there a way to adjust the sensitivity of the controller? I had a stroke almost 4 years ago which affected, among other things, my "fine tuning" and stabilization abilities, both of which this mini-game requires you to have at a high level.

My progress with the drinking game opponents:
    Downtown: unlocked level 4
    The Wards: unlocked level 6
    Pawnee: unlocked level 3

I'm stuck on all 3 opponents. I've studied the videos on the solution, but I just don't retain the physical abilites to pull them off, unless there is some way to turn the sensitivity down.

Thanks for reading
    Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
  • RhawoneRhawone123,337
    Posted on 13 June 14 at 21:00
    Hi there,

I believe the only current solution for that is going through the game settings and doing it that way, if you're referring specifically to the mini-game itself and being able to tune the sensitivity, I don't think you can unfortunately.
  • Posted on 13 June 14 at 22:31
    Yeah, I had the same thought and adjusted the "Look Sensitivity" around a bit in the Controls menu and I haven't really seen any difference either in the mini-game or regular game.

In any case, thanks for trying!
  • Posted on 14 June 14 at 17:56
    This has done something I never thought possible....sucked the fun out of drinking games! Boo!
  • Posted on 19 June 14 at 19:50
    I don't like to give up on achievements, but I'm giving up on this one unless they patch it and drop down the difficulty. They shouldn't change the drinking game, cause I'm sure there are some people out there who find it fun, they should just drop the achivement to getting to wave 5 on all opponents or something. When saw the achievement list, this is the one achievement that caught my eye and made me say "I want that one..." but I just can't do it, which according to some of my friends is an achievement for Ubi as I don't give up easily.
  • CenrailCenrail643,373
    Posted on 21 June 14 at 08:36
    As far as i am aware you cannot adjust the sensitivity during the drinking game, nor can you make Aiden inherently better at it.

Obviously i cannot comment on how hard it is with your particular disability but i found the downtown opponent to be relatively easy.
    The uptown opponent made me want to leave a controller shape hole in my flatscreen tv and the pawnee one...well i am fairly confident that is what is going to motivate next generation of serial killers.

The only piece of advice i can really give you is to simply hand off the controller to someone else and let them do it. The uptown and pawnee ones are significantly easier if you have 2 people on a single controller.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 June 14 at 14:48
    It usually doesn't come down to stabilizing that much. Usually the circles are just mindfucking you. The button mashing sequences are really easy because they are always the same. You just have to know the sequence and not open all chainlinked buttons at once

For the circles: the thumbstick actually moves along the moving circles, so you could think as your tv to be moving and the circles to be still.
    Turning the controller upside down at any point didn't work for me because that still reverses left and right.

Also try to look between the two circles so you don't focus on only one at the time.

For putting two in the same circle:
    Think a rope in between them, but you are the rope. Janking one to the other. Obviously keeping left and right on left and right respectively.

So yeah it's usually just finding mindtricks than actually stabilizing that much. But like Cenrail said, we can't judge how bad your disability is...
  • Posted on 22 August 14 at 18:00
    A new patch will be released in the next days for Watch_Dogs. The main purpose of this patch is to respond to community feedback by changing or improving certain features, as well as fixing some minor bugs. It was ultimately designed to optimize your player experience and add some replay options to the game. The patch will be available for all systems on August 21st in the Americas, Europe and on August 26th in Asia.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911148-Patch-Notes-08-2...

- DRINKING GAMES – The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. – (ALL PLATFORMS)

- Increase round fail time by 20%. More time for player to finish.
    - Increase button cycling time by 50%. More time between button switch.
    - Increase player reticle radius by 25% in collect button mode. Allow easier button press succeeded on bad latency tv.
    - Increase player reticle last frame velocity impact on this frame position (inertia friction) by 70%. The player reticle slow down faster when no input from player -> easier to stay on the spot targeted & More precise player control.
    - Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
    - Reduce max force applied randomly to player reticle from 0.35 to 0.29. Less strong random impulse for drunk effect.
    - Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 00:35
    WizardSleeve08 said:A new patch will be released in the next days for Watch_Dogs. The main purpose of this patch is to respond to community feedback by changing or improving certain features, as well as fixing some minor bugs. It was ultimately designed to optimize your player experience and add some replay options to the game. The patch will be available for all systems on August 21st in the Americas, Europe and on August 26th in Asia.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/911148-Patch-Notes-08-2...

- DRINKING GAMES – The Drinking Games were re-tuned based on community feedback. – (ALL PLATFORMS)

- Increase round fail time by 20%. More time for player to finish.
    - Increase button cycling time by 50%. More time between button switch.
    - Increase player reticle radius by 25% in collect button mode. Allow easier button press succeeded on bad latency tv.
    - Increase player reticle last frame velocity impact on this frame position (inertia friction) by 70%. The player reticle slow down faster when no input from player -> easier to stay on the spot targeted & More precise player control.
    - Increase player input factor by 50%. More precise and more reactive player control.
    - Reduce max force applied randomly to player reticle from 0.35 to 0.29. Less strong random impulse for drunk effect.
    - Reduce moving target speed by 15%. Easier for player to time his button press on a target.
    Oh my God! This is awesome, as Social Lubrication is the last achievement I need in the game, and with these parameters, I will re-download it and complete it ! And maybe I will stop boycotting Ubisoft games again.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 06:08
    I can definitely say the patch works. It doesn't change any of the gameplay, so any video guides will still work. You'll have more control of the cursor for both the button press and alignment versions and more time to react. It's still hard, at least it was for me, but it is now possible.
  • Posted on 23 August 14 at 07:44
    Current Future said:I can definitely say the patch works. It doesn't change any of the gameplay, so any video guides will still work. You'll have more control of the cursor for both the button press and alignment versions and more time to react. It's still hard, at least it was for me, but it is now possible.Ohhh sweet. Downloading the game right now then. Thanks :D
  • Roose91Roose911,260,480
    Posted on 27 September 14 at 18:28, Edited on 27 September 14 at 18:29 by Roose91
    Current Future said:I can definitely say the patch works. It doesn't change any of the gameplay, so any video guides will still work. You'll have more control of the cursor for both the button press and alignment versions and more time to react. It's still hard, at least it was for me, but it is now possible.Oh it was always possible, hence why myself and a hundred or so other gamers had it pre-patch. Honestly I find it both bewildering and annoying that people on achievement sites like this and Xboxachievements throw their toys out of the pram and demand that the achievements be made easier, crying out that they are "impossible" just because you can't get them. If you want achievements for just switching the game on, go play the Simpsons game.

If you've done this post-patch you haven't really "achieved" anything.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 28 September 14 at 07:05
    I haven't done this post patch so I don't know how much easier it has become. But basically I did this achievement in 5-10h total... It didn't allign well with the rest of the achievements. There are two ways of looking at it for that reason!

You expect to play a game that works well and isn't all too challenging! Even the online achievements you just have to play not even win. All but this one pesky achievement standing in the way of completion.

Ironically people can have a much harder time with the SongSneak app achievement. Hence why I googled and talked to many people and wrote a good guide for it.

This achievement wasn't THAT hard. The problem was that you had to develop certain mind tricks to withstand being mindfucked. Because that's all that it is! If you had a hard time getting this achievement you really had to stop whining and just grind it out. I mean you're on an achievement hunter / whoring website! You're supposed to have a hard time with certain achievements! Ask completionists like myself and then look at your own incompletions and the only hard achievements you've done...
    So the second point of view is that with other games, stop whining when it becomes too hard! Just ask for advice from people who got the achievement!

For this patch though, all they had to do is increase the time given by 20% and it would have become very do-able!
  • Posted on 30 September 14 at 07:02
    Roose91 said:Oh it was always possible, hence why myself and a hundred or so other gamers had it pre-patch. Honestly I find it both bewildering and annoying that people on achievement sites like this and Xboxachievements throw their toys out of the pram and demand that the achievements be made easier, crying out that they are "impossible" just because you can't get them. If you want achievements for just switching the game on, go play the Simpsons game.

If you've done this post-patch you haven't really "achieved" anything.
    I'm a disabled gamer, that was one of the 1st things I said when I started this thread. And if you read that original post, you'll see I never asked for a patch to drop the difficulty down - I asked if there was a way to tune the controller sensitivity to compensate for my disability, like I had done in Dunwall City Trials for Dishonored.

I don't claim to speak for everyone who couldn't get this pre-patch, but I can say that for me this achievement truly was impossible without the patch. I'm a completionist, so yes I was mad that I couldn't 100% this game, but how exactly was I crying out for the difficulty to be dropped down?

I'm glad you were able to accomplish this without the patch, but keep in mind not everyone has been blessed with the abilities required to complete the original version. And really, what have you lost since achieving Social Lubrication is no longer quite so exclusive a club anymore?
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 November 17 at 16:22
    Don't ashame post-patch achievers. Some of them (including me) got the game after it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads