The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 21st, 2015

• MemoMemo296,672
    Posted on 21 July 15 at 23:46Permalink
    capicawl said:TodayComa85 said:ChewieOnIce said:Dwaggienite said:Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - 75% off - Now US$4.99 / £7.49

No.
    No what? Those are the correct prices.
    He is complaining about how the price in pounds is more than the price in dollars, making it more than double the price in the UK than the US
    There's always one a week complaining about that. laugh
    And it would probably be you if it was the other way round!
    Stupid people do stupid things, smart people outsmart each other.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:17, Edited on 22 July 15 at 01:21 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Here are some other deals that are currently running:

Forza Horizon 2 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS and 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo FREE until 24th July 2015 (has 3/15 achievements)
    Forza Horizon 2Porsche Owners ClubThe Porsche Owners Club achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 38 pointsObtain your first Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2This Is My PorscheThe This Is My Porsche achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 109 pointsComplete 10 events in the same Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2Horse PowerThe Horse Power achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 237 pointsComplete 40 events in Porsches.

Wolfenstein Bundle (includes The New Order & The Old Blood) 35% off (45% with Gold)
    FIFA 15 10% off in NA for a limited time
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off for a limited time
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off for a limited time

Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass 33% off (Gold Exclusive)

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • knifehimknifehim543,521
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:27, Edited on 22 July 15 at 00:28 by knifehimPermalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Here are some other deals that are currently running:

Forza Horizon 2 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS and 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo FREE until 24th July 2015 (has 3/15 achievements)
    Forza Horizon 2Porsche Owners ClubThe Porsche Owners Club achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 38 pointsObtain your first Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2This Is My PorscheThe This Is My Porsche achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 109 pointsComplete 10 events in the same Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2Horse PowerThe Horse Power achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 237 pointsComplete 40 events in Porsches.

Thank you
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:32Permalink
    go buy eternal sonata and tales of vesperia both of the games are amazing.

Support those that games for namco bandai
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,096,721
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:36Permalink
    Cinde7ella Man said:Not sure what to get between Tales of Vesperia, Armored Core: Verdict Day, Beautiful Katamari or Eternal Sonata. anyone got any input on which?Eternal Sonata it's fun colorful and has an interesting story behind the colorful madness.
    Get Hype, Bring the Noise!
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:40Permalink
    Cinde7ella Man said:Not sure what to get between Tales of Vesperia, Armored Core: Verdict Day, Beautiful Katamari or Eternal Sonata. anyone got any input on which?tales of versperia is great JRPG and eternal sonata is good JRPG and educational about music and frederic chopin. Support these games for Namco Bandai
  • WobbloWobblo581,859
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 00:49Permalink
    smakzillaa said:Tempted by the Soul Calibur games, but how is V? I've played II when it was on Gamecube (but don't own it currently) so I mostly know how it plays, so don't want nostalgia to cloud my judgement on that one.I was in exactly the same position before the last time it went on sale. I used to play Soul Calibur II on the PS1 quite a lot back in the day so was familiar with how the gameplay and fighting style worked. It didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things as there's quite a lot of characters from the old games with mainly the same move sets. I don't consider myself to be very good at fighting games and hadn't played one for about 4 years so I was reluctant to attempt any of the online achievements but figured I may as well see how painful it was to go for "30 online games played". After 10 games or so, to my surprise, I was actually competing relatively well against players the same level as me and before I knew it was was gunning for the "50 online wins" and very much enjoyed playing it. Practically endless character customisation meant that almost every other fight was against someone who had a unique character look.

I also really liked the online game lobby where you have up to 6 or so players in a lobby, winner stays on and you can spectate the game in progress if it's not your turn. I guess that may just be standard practice in fighting games these days but it was a totally new experience for me.

My main issue with it would be the menus. When I first started the game, it seemed like there was a lot going on with all the different menus and functions with little in the way of an explanation of what most of it meant but after a bit of playing and achievement grabbing it started to make more sense. It's also lacking a direct equivalent to the old weapon master mode but I felt that the other features more than made up for it.

TL;DR - If you enjoyed any of the previous Soul Calibur games then I'd recommend it.
  • matdanmatdan701,025
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 01:42Permalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass 33% off (Gold Exclusive)
    I was glad I noticed this earlier. If you got it before this you paid more at 25% off, lucky I didn't do that.

This sale looked bad at first however there are quite few gems I keeping hearing about like Enslaved, Eternal Sonata and Tales of Vesperia. Also Gears 3 season pass.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 03:04Permalink
    Pretty dumb that Microsoft discounts The old Blood by 25% the day it releases as a physical copy, they're still trying to push all digital crap. I still prefer paying $5 more for my physical copy.
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 03:16Permalink
    "Because Microsoft apparently have a grudge against me..." Is your editor on strike, or something?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I know I sound like a ****, but it's the story's open, not buried in the text.

"Because Microsoft apparently have has a grudge against me..."

There, I've said my peace.
    Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 July 15 at 03:37Permalink
    pretty gross picture that the article has....bleh
    My God promised me "hope and change" over 2000 years ago, how is your god working out?
  • capicawlcapicawl554,160
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 03:53Permalink
    Sol Corona said:capicawl said:TodayComa85 said:ChewieOnIce said:Dwaggienite said:Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - 75% off - Now US$4.99 / £7.49

No.
    No what? Those are the correct prices.
    He is complaining about how the price in pounds is more than the price in dollars, making it more than double the price in the UK than the US
    There's always one a week complaining about that. laugh
    And it would probably be you if it was the other way round!
    Not really because most of the games are cheaper in stores and any digital games usually prior to any sales. I couldn't care less either way.
  • KillipoKillipo263,978
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 04:38Permalink
    Dear god. Despite this list being huge, I own just about everything I am interested in (except for maybe one game that's $20+ ; I wait for the best deals.)

I think I've gone too far. I need to put a padlock on my credit card. The backlog isn't going to shrink on its own anyway.
  • AhayzoAhayzo660,578
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 04:51Permalink
    Well I suppose it was only a matter of time, something has finally gone on sale right after I bought it. Just bought Horizon 2 and Ford 5 a few days ago laugh

Just the Horizon Season Pass I guess, at $5 it's hard to say no.
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 04:58Permalink
    GOW3 Season Pass at 50% but the price isn't right in marketplace roll
    Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,864
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 05:37, Edited on 22 July 15 at 06:52 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Marcos Aspira said:GOW3 Season Pass at 50% but the price isn't right in marketplace rollWell spotted, the prices above are correct, but the discount is 33%. With a big sale like this, there is always a chance of one mistake.

Edit: this has now been corrected.

ChewieOnIce said:Xbox One DLC without Achievements

Forza Motorsport 5
    • "Car Pass" - 50% off - Now US$20.00 / £16.00 / €20.00 / AU$26.23 / ¥2160
    There are 3 achievements that you need the extra content included in the Car Pass for:
    HolyHa1fDead Forza Motorsport 5 I Could Do That in a Van HolyHa1fDead's solution for the I Could Do That in a Van Achievement in Forza Motorsport 5Finish the I Could Do That in a Van Rivals event having set a lap time of 10:00 or better.
    HolyHa1fDead Forza Motorsport 5 West Coast Gold HolyHa1fDead's solution for the West Coast Gold Achievement in Forza Motorsport 5Earn 5 gold medals on Long Beach in a 1964 Chevrolet Impala.
    HolyHa1fDead Forza Motorsport 5 Panoramic HolyHa1fDead's solution for the Panoramic Achievement in Forza Motorsport 5Drive 300 miles on Bathurst in the #10 Holden Xbox Racing Team Commodore VF.
    Or instead of getting 80 cars for $20, you can buy just the 3 cars you need for $8.97, like I did.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Arashi SoraArashi Sora251,803
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 06:36Permalink
    Eternal Sonata is such a great game. I have such a love of JRPGs that spawned from that game. (it was the first JRPG I ever played. I only got my 360 back in 2007 and wasn't much a gamer outside of Star Wars games on the PC before that. Don't judge me.)
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata125,181
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 07:38Permalink
    Wobblo said:smakzillaa said:Tempted by the Soul Calibur games, but how is V? I've played II when it was on Gamecube (but don't own it currently) so I mostly know how it plays, so don't want nostalgia to cloud my judgement on that one.I was in exactly the same position before the last time it went on sale. I used to play Soul Calibur II on the PS1 quite a lot back in the day so was familiar with how the gameplay and fighting style worked. It didn't take me long to get back into the swing of things as there's quite a lot of characters from the old games with mainly the same move sets. I don't consider myself to be very good at fighting games and hadn't played one for about 4 years so I was reluctant to attempt any of the online achievements but figured I may as well see how painful it was to go for "30 online games played". After 10 games or so, to my surprise, I was actually competing relatively well against players the same level as me and before I knew it was was gunning for the "50 online wins" and very much enjoyed playing it. Practically endless character customisation meant that almost every other fight was against someone who had a unique character look.

I also really liked the online game lobby where you have up to 6 or so players in a lobby, winner stays on and you can spectate the game in progress if it's not your turn. I guess that may just be standard practice in fighting games these days but it was a totally new experience for me.

My main issue with it would be the menus. When I first started the game, it seemed like there was a lot going on with all the different menus and functions with little in the way of an explanation of what most of it meant but after a bit of playing and achievement grabbing it started to make more sense. It's also lacking a direct equivalent to the old weapon master mode but I felt that the other features more than made up for it.

TL;DR - If you enjoyed any of the previous Soul Calibur games then I'd recommend it.
    I don't know I had a completely different experience with it. Previously I've played Soulcalibur III on PS2 and to this day I think it's the greatest fighting game I've played. Then I somehow skipped IV and jumped to V. And it was an utter dissapointment compared to III. What I liked about III is the awesome story mode which wasn't linear, every characted had a different story path, cutscenes and generally a lot of cool stuff going on. Plus, the variety of game modes was overwhelming and the music is just one of the best video game OST's ever in my opinion. And yeah, a lot of unlockables.
    Soulcalibur V felt like 70% of content was simply cut out. The game modes on offer are few and even these aren't anything special. The story mode is a joke. Instead of having a different one for each character, they made just ONE story where you get to play as three or four characters and it's quite nonsensical. If you go for achievements, you will mostly spend your time in Quick Battle mode where you you need to battle about 200 random customized fighters. And there's generally a lot of grinding involved.
    On the bright side, the selection of fighters is pretty good, and the level of customization in character creation is cool. The battle system and beautiful arenas are still there. But the lack of content kills this game for me.
    I may be wrong, but I think Soulcalibur IV should be better. Maybe you check out that one first.
  • maguzzolomaguzzolo449,576
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 07:41Permalink
    Really tempted by MotoGP 14 but i fear multiplayer is dead... someone willing to buy & boost it ?
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 08:02Permalink
    Oriole2682 said:Anyone know if The Evil Within season pass works like COD and Battlefield where if you buy it on the 360 its free on the One?I would also like to know this
    Don't judge my hobby when you just did nothing but get on Facebook all day.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.