The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 21st, 2015

• Posted on 22 July 15 at 08:05, Edited on 22 July 15 at 08:07 by ThreeHaddock62
    TakeTheToast said:Oriole2682 said:Anyone know if The Evil Within season pass works like COD and Battlefield where if you buy it on the 360 its free on the One?I would also like to know thisRead my response....like...2-3 posts down from his question.
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 08:09
    ThreeHaddock62 said:TakeTheToast said:Oriole2682 said:Anyone know if The Evil Within season pass works like COD and Battlefield where if you buy it on the 360 its free on the One?I would also like to know thisRead my response....like...2-3 posts down from his question.Wow. Well, don't I looked dumb right now... sorry guys ;)
    Don't judge my hobby when you just did nothing but get on Facebook all day.
  • IKV91IKV911,500,977
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 08:25
    Might pick up a couple of these.
    Brynjolf
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,483,079
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 08:51, Edited on 22 July 15 at 08:52 by Dwaggienite
    Sol Corona said:capicawl said:TodayComa85 said:ChewieOnIce said:Dwaggienite said:Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures - 75% off - Now US$4.99 / £7.49

No.
    No what? Those are the correct prices.
    He is complaining about how the price in pounds is more than the price in dollars, making it more than double the price in the UK than the US
    There's always one a week complaining about that. laugh
    And it would probably be you if it was the other way round!
    If nobody complains, then they'll keep doing it.

If enough people complain, they STOP doing it.

No matter the taxes (VAT is 20%) the UK price should NEVER be more in the number of pounds than the # in dollars. EVER. The numbers just don't add up.
  • WobbloWobblo669,514
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 11:07
    RomerNakata said:I don't know I had a completely different experience with it. Previously I've played Soulcalibur III on PS2 and to this day I think it's the greatest fighting game I've played. Then I somehow skipped IV and jumped to V. And it was an utter dissapointment compared to III. What I liked about III is the awesome story mode which wasn't linear, every characted had a different story path, cutscenes and generally a lot of cool stuff going on. Plus, the variety of game modes was overwhelming and the music is just one of the best video game OST's ever in my opinion. And yeah, a lot of unlockables.
    Soulcalibur V felt like 70% of content was simply cut out. The game modes on offer are few and even these aren't anything special. The story mode is a joke. Instead of having a different one for each character, they made just ONE story where you get to play as three or four characters and it's quite nonsensical. If you go for achievements, you will mostly spend your time in Quick Battle mode where you you need to battle about 200 random customized fighters. And there's generally a lot of grinding involved.
    On the bright side, the selection of fighters is pretty good, and the level of customization in character creation is cool. The battle system and beautiful arenas are still there. But the lack of content kills this game for me.
    I may be wrong, but I think Soulcalibur IV should be better. Maybe you check out that one first.
    To be fair, I do agree with most of what you've said. The story mode is pretty poor and the game is seriously lacking one of their classic weapon collecting modes and the quick battles get repetitive quickly but purely for the online and how nice it looks I think it's worth picking up at the sale price. I too would recommend Soul Calibur 4 over 5 for someone in their position but as 4 isn't on sale I feel that 5 would be a better choice at the moment.
  • TwistTwist299,680
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 12:24
    Only clicked this article cause I didn't know how to react from the article picture. Does Vegeta want something from me or?...
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead540,064
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 12:46, Edited on 22 July 15 at 13:06 by HolyHalfDead
    Dwaggienite said:No matter the taxes (VAT is 20%) the UK price should NEVER be more in the number of pounds than the # in dollars. EVER. The numbers just don't add up.It depends which numbers you add up.

Forza Motorsport 6 costs $59.99 in the States, and 8 hours work at minumum wage is $58. The same game costs £49.99 in the UK and 8 hours work at minmum wage is £52, leaving you more than £2 better off.

Games sell more copies in the US, so second hand value is lower, which is why older games have to be discounted more in the US than the UK.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 12:55
    Ace Combat is tempting but no one to idle that 50 hour achievement with.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • KILLjuice008KILLjuice008232,659
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 13:49
    If you haven't played Eternal Sonata and love RPGs, you need to get it! The achievements are pretty easy, you need a guide though.
  • matdanmatdan750,241
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 14:12
    dropK1CK ninJA said:Ace Combat is tempting but no one to idle that 50 hour achievement with.smile Always someone. I guess depends on time zone.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 14:29
    Eternal Sonata was a great colorful game, I personally loved the combat system. Beautiful graphics, decent story (LONG cutscenes).

Currently playing through ToV, great game! Fun battle system, great characters and story.

Both are long completions, but you well get your money worth!
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm397,125
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 14:34
    I found Bully: Scholarship Edition to be quite good. This is a steal:

Bully: Scholarship Edition - 75% off - Now US$3.74 / £2.99 / €3.74 / AU$4.98
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 14:56
    Also the Wolfenstein Bundle seems to be on sale about £35 for Xbox One and Outlast bundle of Terror is £19.99, so £4 off, hardly a sale but still discounted.
    Cheers 'n' Beers
  • EggnoggaEggnogga311,330
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 15:16
    Agree with Crimson in re: Eternal Sonata. I picked that one up for 5 bucks. I remember playing through it, beating it, but realizing you needed to play through it all again to get the full 1,000. Looking at my gamercard, it has been almost 8 years since I last played it. Sheesh.
  • GrantX360GrantX360175,772
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 16:10
    At £2.99 Enslaved has to be a game worth checking out. Basically 8-10 hours of entertainment for the price of a cup of Coffee....
  • Daelus1Daelus1521,683
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 16:17
    My 2 cents on ToV; if you aren't into jRPG's I wouldn't recommend it. It is pretty typical jRPG fare from a gameplay perspective, not much depth, basic old school side scroller stuff (sort of), it isn't exactly a side-scroller but plays the same)...side-scrollers really should have been left in the 90s (which this game could easily have been released in and would have been mediocre then). It is lengthy, but the story is one of the weakest I've ever played in a jRPG (there is no central story per se).
  • capicawlcapicawl555,713
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 17:00
    dropK1CK ninJA said:Ace Combat is tempting but no one to idle that 50 hour achievement with.I'm gonna be running a dummy account for that. Shoot me a time and I'll idle with ya.
  • Posted on 22 July 15 at 16:59
    Why not have a ROCKSTAR sale that includes the games along with their respective dlc/season pass?
    G O i7 of L 1 V E
  • pg88pg8866,993
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 18:08
    Must be the 3. or 4. time those Rockstar Games are discounted in the past six months... screw those 'sales'...
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead540,064
    Posted on 22 July 15 at 22:00, Edited on 23 July 15 at 05:28 by HolyHalfDead
    GruffleGrinder said:
    Also the Wolfenstein Bundle seems to be on sale about £35 for Xbox One and Outlast bundle of Terror is £19.99, so £4 off, hardly a sale but still discounted.
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Here are some other deals that are currently running:

Forza Horizon 2 2012 Porsche 911 GT2 RS and 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo FREE until 24th July 2015 (has 3/15 achievements)
    Forza Horizon 2Porsche Owners ClubThe Porsche Owners Club achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 38 pointsObtain your first Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2This Is My PorscheThe This Is My Porsche achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 109 pointsComplete 10 events in the same Porsche.
    Forza Horizon 2Horse PowerThe Horse Power achievement in Forza Horizon 2 worth 238 pointsComplete 40 events in Porsches.

Wolfenstein Bundle (includes The New Order & The Old Blood) 35% off (45% with Gold)
    FIFA 15 10% off in NA for a limited time
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off for a limited time
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off for a limited time

Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass 33% off (Gold Exclusive)

Taken from HolyHalfDead's Blog
    You have just one more day if you want to grab those two exclusive FH2 Porsches, just don't add one to your garage if you are a completionist but don't want to buy Porsche Expansion for Forza Horizon 2 just yet.

Dishonored Definitive Edition 50% off ($39.99 $20 USD) for those that purchased Dishonored digitally or grabbed it in August 2014 when it was a free GwG.
    Includes Dunwall City Trials, The Knife of Dunwall, The Brigmore Witches, Void Walker’s Arsenal.

matdan12 said:
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Call of Duty: Black Ops II Season Pass 33% off (Gold Exclusive)
    I was glad I noticed this earlier. If you got it before this you paid more at 25% off, lucky I didn't do that.
    It was also 33% off last week as well ;) The discount percentage was wrong both on MajorNelson.com and XBL Sale Roundup: July 14th, 2015 but the prices were correct.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.