Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Magic: The Gathering - DotP 2014 Gameplay Trailer

• Dread ReaverDread Reaver515,650
  • SPIRITWRAITHSPIRITWRAITH286,559
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 23:32
    Can't wait...dying to create my own decks.
    SPIRITWRAITH
  • wBRYwBRY749,304
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 23:39
    Kinda like a draft or a league from magic online, except no prizes.
  • EurydaceEurydace642,366
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 23:48
    Yeah this is gonna be fantastic. I've read rumors though that you cannot delete sealed decks you've already played - is this true? Do you really have to purchase more slots to play again? That would be disappointing.

The best thing though is changing the number of lands in any deck. I like to make my decks with a lower mana curve and all too often I'm flooded with lands end-game without ever having lacked for them at any point. This should resolve that. 24 land goblins LOL.
  • EurydaceEurydace642,366
    Posted on 13 June 13 at 23:49
    YA BILLY said:
    Kinda like a draft or a league from magic online, except no prizes.
    Sealed is, as far as I know, more popular than drafting. Drafting is more popular in MTGO because it is cheaper (does it even allow sealed?). They're pretty much the same thing though yes.
  • NinjaDave04NinjaDave04311,943
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 00:10
    Mtgo has sealed events also. Sealed is a lot of fin though. Played the format at GP Pitt a few months ago =)
    12,909 \\(*)//
  • Posted on 14 June 13 at 00:17
    Not interested. I never liked games like this.
    If anyone would like to play the campaign on Gears of War, message me on XBL. Thanks.
  • Posted on 14 June 13 at 01:03
    Meh... give me a chance to make a complete deck out of a LARGE library of cards and I am sold.

Just a heads up too - Mana burn no longer exists in Magic as of a few years ago.
  • Dread ReaverDread Reaver515,650
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 01:10
    Just a heads up too - Mana burn no longer exists in Magic as of a few years ago.

That would roughly be the last time I played the card game with physical cards, so I didn't realise it was a phased out rule :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 June 13 at 01:33
    release date said to be June 26th.
    XBOX ONE....the new console that plays YOU instead of you playing it!
  • Posted on 14 June 13 at 02:37
    The Bartlez said:
    Meh... give me a chance to make a complete deck out of a LARGE library of cards and I am sold.

You're never going to get that unless you play MTGO.
  • rekikirerekikire1,922,921
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 06:11
    Only thing I want to know is when can I give them my money and start cracking boosters.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,499,549
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 07:11
    Automatically build a deck based on based single card? That sounds pretty.convenient
  • Posted on 14 June 13 at 07:54
    Dread Reaver said:
    That would roughly be the last time I played the card game with physical cards, so I didn't realise it was a phased out rule :)
    Yeah that was about when I stopped too... It has gotten so competitive and expensive.

In response to Heroic Blanket - I checked out MTGO a while back, but paying major cash for (non-existent) cards pains me beyond belief. It sucks they will never make a game with a bunch of sets, but I imagine it is a business thing... DotP just gets boring quickly with the same decks ya know?
  • Big EllBig Ell1,701,694
    Posted on 14 June 13 at 11:44
    Duel, not dual. Completely different word. :)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 14 June 13 at 14:08
    Big Ell said:
    Duel, not dual. Completely different word. :)
    oh my! you are smart!
    XBOX ONE....the new console that plays YOU instead of you playing it!
  • I darklost II darklost I112,464
    Posted on 15 June 13 at 10:14
    Looks intense, might have to pick it up
    >> Tampa Bay Buccaneers <<
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.