Game Discussion: Final Fantasy XI

Operation: Black Pearl

• Mo ShizzyMo Shizzy1,571,765
    Posted on 24 July 15 at 16:21
    Hey everybody. Just sending out a plea for help lol. I can't seem to do the Operation: Black Pearl assault mission on my own. If anybody is willing to help please let me know :)
  • Posted on 24 July 15 at 22:17, Edited on 24 July 15 at 22:17 by Laughing Ensues
    Judging by the fact you are the 38th/43rd gamer on here to complete the game, I'm guessing you got this done...

Congratulations!!!
  • Mo ShizzyMo Shizzy1,571,765
    Posted on 25 July 15 at 17:53
    Lol yeah. Thanks! For anybody that needs help on soloing this I suggest waiting for the bugs to get halfway down the tunnels, and then running up to them so that they target you, and once they have targeted you, run to the center of the room next to the people that you are protecting. For some reason that worked for me as all remaining enemies that came into the room kept targeting me and not the NPCs. Hope this helps somebody!
  • DarrcyphfeidDarrcyphfeid312,716
    Posted on 26 July 15 at 03:07
    It's worth noting, also, that you can semi-rig this one. Additional waves do not spawn until the Troll-type enemy at the very end of each wave is killed, with two Trolls present at all times beyond the first wave. So you can simply kill everything in the first wave except the Troll (which has several times as much HP as everything else), and then freely focus on the remaining respawning wave (including second Troll) from there on out.

Black Mage's AoEs, such as Stonega, easily kill entire clusters in one go.

Also, yes, congratulations on the completion! smile
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads