The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: July 28th, 2015

• Free RiegnFree Riegn663,701
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:06
    RupaulDragRace said:Free Riegn said:I was going to pick up the pass for AC4, but you guys are saying that the 360 version would give you the Xone version even though that deal expired...

Whoever buys the 360 version now, can you please post whether it pops that you have the Xone version? I would like to know (basically I don't want to be the guinea pig lol)
    Yes you can still get the Xbox One AC4 season pass after getting it for the 360. I did it last month when the 360 season pass was on sale for 9.99. After you buy the 360 season pass the AC4 season pass should show up as free on either xbox.com or xbox one marketplace. Not sure how long they will be doing this offer. AC4 is over a year old so possibly it is permanent.
    Thanks for the info. Since someone later said that it didn't transfer for him... I wont risk it. I'm just going to get the One version. It's highly unlikely I will play the 360 version anyway lol.
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:10
    GwG for august are Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light for the 360. Metal Gear Solid and How to survive for the One.

I just started with the Metro 2033 novel so I am quite happy that those game will become free XD
  • NitefalconNitefalcon611,975
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:31
    Is the Blackbeard MP pack part of the season pass for AC4? Or would I have to purchase both of them?
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:53
    I have to ask "Are all 50 Achievements obtainable still in NFS Carbon or will I be waisting my time and money buying it?"
    Gamer Freak JTM
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:53
    Nitefalcon said:Is the Blackbeard MP pack part of the season pass for AC4? Or would I have to purchase both of them?I got them on SP for 360.
    Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
  • LuckyKantLuckyKant936,985
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 18:58
    Gamer Freak JTM said:I have to ask "Are all 50 Achievements obtainable still in NFS Carbon or will I be waisting my time and money buying it?"Need for Speed: Carbon - 66% off - Now US$5.09 / £5.09 / €6.79 / AU$6.78 *Contains an Unobtainable*
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 19:58
    Eh. Where's the good stuff?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,422,659
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 20:39
    Heroic Blanket said:FroZeNSouL said:Flynn423 said:ill wayn3 said:MattQuin89 said:AC Season Pass worthwhile?I believe its cross buy if someone can confirm thatYes. It carries over. I was pleased to find that out after this months games with gold.Is it still?
    I thought you would need to buy on 360 first to get on both.
    Not the other way around??
    Yeah, can anyone confirm that buying the XBO version now, will give you the 360 version as well?
    It only gets you both if you buy the 360 version. The reason is that upgrades like this and Call of Duty were intended for people to buy it on the 360 so they can upgrade to the One at a later date and not have to rebuy. Downgrading consoles isn't a concern.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,901
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 20:51
    MattQuin89 said:AC Season Pass worthwhile?Nope! Better & cheaper to get Freedom Cry & Blackbeard DLC separately for the achievements.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic510,555
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 21:44
    Bigdanzo51196 said:I was hoping for some better options. Fingers crossed for next weeks sale.I've been saying that for pretty much the last year. The better options almost never come.
  • RABBID W0LFRABBID W0LF200,877
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 22:16
    Guess I'll pick up nfs: the run
  • VegaDark541VegaDark541346,214
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:18
    MugenKairo said:MattQuin89 said:AC Season Pass worthwhile?Nope! Better & cheaper to get Freedom Cry & Blackbeard DLC separately for the achievements.Based on Freedom Cry's Xbox.com page it costs $9.99 alone so there is absolutely no reason not to buy the season pass with this sale having it cost the same amount.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:39, Edited on 29 July 15 at 00:08 by HolyHalfDead
    Jacky0310 said:Just a questions, AC4 and GW3 only available for US account? I'm not able to download from HK...GwG can be different in some regions, but those are the games for Hong Kong. I assume you live in Hong Kong, and not in China (I don't believe AC and Gears are available in China). I would contact XBL Support.

NickHawkeye said:yeah as I understand it you have to buy the 360 season pass to be able to play both, if you purchase the ONE season pass then you would have to buy it again on the 360.Correct. In New Zealand the Xbox 360 Season Pass (which includes the Xbox One Season Pass) costs $37.95, whereas the Xbox One Season Pass normally costs $24.95. Nevertheless I paid the extra for the Xbox 360 Season Pass last month to get both. You still have to purchase the Xbox One Season Pass, but when you sign into XBL with the account you purchased the Xbox 360 Season Pass with it will show the price as $0.00.
    Assassin's Creed IV: list of all add-ons and unlockable content

Other deals:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition 17% off for a limited time
    Dishonored Definitive Edition 50% off for those that purchased Dishonored digitally
    Tembo The Badass Elephant 10% off for a limited time (Gold Exclusive)
    Wolfenstein Bundle (includes The New Order & The Old Blood) 35% off (45% with Gold) for a limited time
    FIFA 15 10% off for a limited time (NA only)
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off for a limited time
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off for a limited time
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath540,961
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:52, Edited on 28 July 15 at 23:54 by WickedDeath
    Whole bunch of crap and another COD, yet again.

Aren't most of the need for speed servers closed down at this point? EA needs to stop trying to milk games that half of the achievements can't be obtained because they are so outdated that the servers closed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 01:24
    Arent some of the servers shut down on a couple of the need for speed games? I wish they wouldn't sale games missing a potentially major component for the game. In my opinion these games are being sold incomplete
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,422,659
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 01:28
    CRAZE KILER said:Arent some of the servers shut down on a couple of the need for speed games? I wish they wouldn't sale games missing a potentially major component for the game. In my opinion these games are being sold incompleteProStreet is the only game on sale sale (actually the only current or last gen I think) that has servers closed. Even with that, and ignoring the fact that $5 is likely worth it for most fans for the single player, I'd say it's up to the customer to know what they're buying and to decide whether lack of online is a problem for them.
  • matdanmatdan810,447
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 02:56
    alklein92201 said:CRAZE KILER said:Arent some of the servers shut down on a couple of the need for speed games? I wish they wouldn't sale games missing a potentially major component for the game. In my opinion these games are being sold incompleteProStreet is the only game on sale sale (actually the only current or last gen I think) that has servers closed. Even with that, and ignoring the fact that $5 is likely worth it for most fans for the single player, I'd say it's up to the customer to know what they're buying and to decide whether lack of online is a problem for them.You should look at Army of Two some of that DLC is MP only and never was delisted. EA just don't care.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • OnsidicOnsidic1,264,242
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 02:57
    On a serious note, when i clicked the On Sale Now button from the 360 desktop
    First blade says under $15 - first item listed
    HYDRO THUNDER!!! :)

Is it actually on sale?
  • gatordeve86gatordeve86311,010
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 03:37
    NFS Carbon serers are still up?!?
    -The Deve
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 04:02
    Nothing for me. I get to save some money this week.
    G O i7 of L 1 V E
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.