Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One Gearing Up For A Digital Summer

• HandydarknessHandydarkness1,134,000
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:36, Edited on 28 July 15 at 23:37 by Handydarkness
    Wonder what game I will complete first. smilecn_guidecn_guide
  • WyyvernWyyvern634,407
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:37
    Five weeks. More than 25,000 gamerscore.

^Fixed the subtitle for you wink
    Popularity is not a measure of quality, but a measure of how idiotic that thing's following is.
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:40
    Kadaveral said:Five weeks. More than 25,000 gamerscore.

shocksmile
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • ZaccaZacca496,989
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:43
    I won't be missing any pool parties, also seeing as I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25. It's kinda disappointing because there are often a few gems in these indie games.
  • Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:44
    I dont understand. What happens after those dates? Is there a rebate or something if you buy them all like usual?
    Heroes never die.
  • Goggs25Goggs251,871,319
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:45
    this makes no sense to me why are they doing this if MS don't care about ID@xbox after all if they did they would add a tab to the store so you can find them maybe MS should do before adding any ID@xbox games I olny know of ID games 3 are mentioned here the other one is pier soalar.

This one of many things that tick me off with MS and xbox one also why are they no trials for these ID games I am not paying for a game I might liike because the developers won't put out a trial
    Goggs25
  • MemoriesofweMemoriesofwe466,423
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:55
    Kadaveral said:Five weeks. More than 25,000 gamerscore.

Remember Rare replay is 10,000 GS alone.

These are 18 of the titles I could make out:
    Mega Baseball
    Submerged
    Squid Hero
    King's Quest
    Blues and Bullets
    Rare Replay
    Penarium
    Don't Starve (Finally!!!!)
    Commander Cherry
    Q.U.B.E
    Bridge Constructor
    Binding of Isaac: Rebirth
    Extreme Exorcism
    Swindle
    Whispering Willows
    Octodad
    Toy Soldiers
    World of Tanks

So excited for don't starve, binding of isaac, rare replay, and the exorcism one. Who said XBOX isn't devoted to indies?
    Posted on 28 July 15 at 23:57
    And the bridge as well, so 19.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 00:12
    Lovably is not what I define Goat Simulator. Absurd, yes.
    I hate EA with a passion. I also hate unobtainable achievements, they should always be automatically unlocked if game servers go down.
  • TopherionTopherion700,272
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 00:14, Edited on 29 July 15 at 00:15 by Topherion
    QUBE and Binding of Isaac were released last week, so are probably not a part of Summer Spotlight. However, Magic Origins is, and is supposedly due out on Friday.
  • Vandy316Vandy316416,427
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 00:16
    Octodad, The Bridge, Rare Replays, and more games to get. After getting all of these games, my wallet will empty than my head. But great to see all these games come out.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,321,344
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 00:29
    MAS AttacK said:I dont understand. What happens after those dates? Is there a rebate or something if you buy them all like usual?Nope, just a marketing "campaign" basically banking on the slow summer news schedule causing the news outlets to pick it up and give some of the releases that would otherwise be overlooked some free publicity.
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 00:32
    EnjoyableCoffee said:Lovably is not what I define Goat Simulator. Absurd, yes.In my review, I actually echoed this sentiment, but it is a favorite among many. It was a top-selling game for a few weeks after it hit Xbox One.
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 01:06
    Spotlight on Winter if you live in the Southern Hemisphere, and considering probably less than half will make it to Australia, you will indeed need a spotlight to find them.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 01:24
    Topherion said:QUBE and Binding of Isaac were released last week, so are probably not a part of Summer Spotlight. However, Magic Origins is, and is supposedly due out on Friday.I Don't disagree that they were released, but pause the video at 0:22 and you can clearly see both QUBE and BOI.
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 02:48
    Goggs25 said:this makes no sense to me why are they doing this if MS don't care about ID@xbox after all if they did they would add a tab to the store so you can find them maybe MS should do before adding any ID@xbox games I olny know of ID games 3 are mentioned here the other one is pier soalar.

This one of many things that tick me off with MS and xbox one also why are they no trials for these ID games I am not paying for a game I might liike because the developers won't put out a trial
    Huh?! Are you upset that Microsoft is offering a tonne of games? I guarantee you will be able to find these titles in the online store...in fact, you can find many things in there.
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 03:01
    Glad I didn't buy Bridge Constructor on Steam smile. When I have a choice, I prefer playing on console.
  • NYImpact414NYImpact414111,589
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 03:14
    This is like Summer of Arcade on mega steroids!!
  • Alchemist xPTKxAlchemist xPTKx1,688,593
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 03:46
    Goggs25 said:this makes no sense to me why are they doing this if MS don't care about ID@xbox after all if they did they would add a tab to the store so you can find them maybe MS should do before adding any ID@xbox games I olny know of ID games 3 are mentioned here the other one is pier soalar.

Their isn't a tab because their was on the 360 and it was ignored by most. Their are quite a few games in the program that you probably know of but just don't know that they were apart of it. Half the games with gold come from the program.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.