Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox One Gearing Up For A Digital Summer

• matdanmatdan810,432
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 04:41
    Alchemist xPTKx said:Goggs25 said:this makes no sense to me why are they doing this if MS don't care about ID@xbox after all if they did they would add a tab to the store so you can find them maybe MS should do before adding any ID@xbox games I olny know of ID games 3 are mentioned here the other one is pier soalar.

This one of many things that tick me off with MS and xbox one also why are they no trials for these ID games I am not paying for a game I might liike because the developers won't put out a trial
    Their isn't a tab because their was on the 360 and it was ignored by most. Their are quite a few games in the program that you probably know of but just don't know that they were apart of it. Half the games with gold come from the program.
    Half? More like nearly all of them. Pity that most do not release overseas.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • SpilnerSpilner1,004,338
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 05:27
    Could be an expensive month
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 05:29
    Memoriesofwe said:Topherion said:QUBE and Binding of Isaac were released last week, so are probably not a part of Summer Spotlight. However, Magic Origins is, and is supposedly due out on Friday.I Don't disagree that they were released, but pause the video at 0:22 and you can clearly see both QUBE and BOI.This is because the official promo runs July 27th through August 31st, hence the "five weeks".
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 05:45
    Its Zacca said: I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25Blue n Gold Eel said: probably less than half will make it to Australiabut thats not a problem on the one, isn't it? as you can change to almost all regions.
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,626,503
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 06:04, Edited on 29 July 15 at 06:07 by MC PHILABUSTA
    Bring on HE-man holy shit !! Day one !! Btw lame trailer how about you actually show the games . I also agree I hate how arcade/indie games are presented on the one I never know what comes out.
  • TunalegTunaleg840,630
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 06:11
    Goggs25 said:this makes no sense to me why are they doing this if MS don't care about ID@xbox after all if they did they would add a tab to the store so you can find them maybe MS should do before adding any ID@xbox games I olny know of ID games 3 are mentioned here the other one is pier soalar.

This one of many things that tick me off with MS and xbox one also why are they no trials for these ID games I am not paying for a game I might liike because the developers won't put out a trial
    Punctuation is G.R.E.A.T.
  • ElyohElyoh998,005
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:16
    SneezeSomeMilk said:Its Zacca said: I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25Blue n Gold Eel said: probably less than half will make it to Australiabut thats not a problem on the one, isn't it? as you can change to almost all regions.It is a little more complicated than that, would be better if they just released them globally!
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • kentgremlinkentgremlin243,961 243,961 GamerScore
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:25
    I saw he-man. What game on s that
  • HOBO Gord420HOBO Gord420392,318
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:35
    Xbox is blurring the line between low budget and AAA titles, and I'm not to happy about it. Back on the 360, these games would have been called arcade titles, and you knew imidiately before you bought them that they weren't going to be the same experience as a full release title.

Now they are throwing them all into the mix, and while I am all for equality in the games market, steam has a big problem with shovelware and quality control because of this very same situation. Personally, I want to know right off the bat if I'm in for a fully fledged experience or not. That's not to say indie or lower profile games are bad, but they for the most part don't offer the same quality or length or polish. I'd just like them to be distinguished better is all...
    When I have kids Im naming them Ctrl, Alt and Delete then if they mess up I can hit them all at once
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:35
    Please give me wasteland 2 by the end of the summer as promised at e3....
  • Macfly77422Macfly77422236,760
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:37
    kentgremlin said:I saw he-man. What game on s thatMight be in Toy Soldier, i think.
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,265,310
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 09:40
    HOBO Gord420 said:Xbox is blurring the line between low budget and AAA titles, and I'm not to happy about it. Back on the 360, these games would have been called arcade titles, and you knew imidiately before you bought them that they weren't going to be the same experience as a full release title.

Now they are throwing them all into the mix, and while I am all for equality in the games market, steam has a big problem with shovelware and quality control because of this very same situation. Personally, I want to know right off the bat if I'm in for a fully fledged experience or not. That's not to say indie or lower profile games are bad, but they for the most part don't offer the same quality or length or polish. I'd just like them to be distinguished better is all...
    What, the price difference between them wasn't enough of a giveaway? Sorry, can't talk now, I'm too busy buying all those brand new AAA games that are on the Xbox Store for $20.
    I always wanted you to go into space, man.
  • V3ntilatorV3ntilator216,934
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 10:22, Edited on 29 July 15 at 10:23 by V3ntilator
    Kadaveral said:Five weeks. More than 25,000 gamerscore.

^Fixed the subtitle for you wink
    Rare Replay is among the games. That game alone have 10.000 Gamerscore.

That should be atleast 34.000 then ;)
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 10:35
    Rain, rain and rain here in UK, I think r summer has passed. :(
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 10:45
    Alchemist xPTKx said:Their isn't a tab because their was on the 360 and it was ignored by most. Their are quite a few games in the program that you probably know of but just don't know that they were apart of it. Half the games with gold come from the program.To my understanding, they were ignored by most because the indie games back then were shit, and it was not available world wide as the indie games is now. I tried one indie/community game then on my US account (the golf game with your x360 avatar), wasn't very good, but one of the best of it's time and that says something about the quality.
    Editor-in-chief of Gamin' Girl - gamingirl.com
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 10:51
    SneezeSomeMilk said:Its Zacca said: I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25Blue n Gold Eel said: probably less than half will make it to Australiabut thats not a problem on the one, isn't it? as you can change to almost all regions.Yes you can change regions, but then you need to go to play-asia to buy US money, and for $25 US I need to pay play-asia AUS $35+ so in the end I'm spending more money, and have to keep switching regions.

I found out why a lot of these games don't get released and that's because our rating board charge to much to get the game classified here, check the this link to find out more

http://www.classification.gov.au/Industry/Journey/Pages/CGno...

From what I've read it's around $500 for other countries.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • Posted on 29 July 15 at 11:43
    Blue n Gold Eel said:SneezeSomeMilk said:Its Zacca said: I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25Blue n Gold Eel said: probably less than half will make it to Australiabut thats not a problem on the one, isn't it? as you can change to almost all regions.Yes you can change regions, but then you need to go to play-asia to buy US money, and for $25 US I need to pay play-asia AUS $35+ so in the end I'm spending more money, and have to keep switching regions.

I found out why a lot of these games don't get released and that's because our rating board charge to much to get the game classified here, check the this link to find out more

I dn't have to switch regions at all to play.
    I log into my uk account, change region to US, purchase and set US download going then switch region back to UK.
    The game continues to download and is accessible thru my UK settings.
    Only have to chnge region for the initial purchase.

Offgamers limited charge me £40 for $60 so new games never cost me more than £40 to purchase.
  • zzUrbanSpacemanzzUrbanSpaceman1,265,310
    Posted on 29 July 15 at 12:08
    As I understand it, EU trade rules actually disallow MS from limiting access to other marketplaces. OTOH, MS have been actively making things difficult for us in Australia. I've at times been able to switch regions (to the US) and purchase without issue, then other times it simply won't accept my regular payment methods. It's a bit frustrating.
    I always wanted you to go into space, man.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 12:15
    Greasychipbutty said:Blue n Gold Eel said:SneezeSomeMilk said:Its Zacca said: I'm in Australia we'll probably be getting 5 of those 25Blue n Gold Eel said: probably less than half will make it to Australiabut thats not a problem on the one, isn't it? as you can change to almost all regions.Yes you can change regions, but then you need to go to play-asia to buy US money, and for $25 US I need to pay play-asia AUS $35+ so in the end I'm spending more money, and have to keep switching regions.

I dn't have to switch regions at all to play.
    I log into my uk account, change region to US, purchase and set US download going then switch region back to UK.
    The game continues to download and is accessible thru my UK settings.
    Only have to chnge region for the initial purchase.

Offgamers limited charge me £40 for $60 so new games never cost me more than £40 to purchase.
    I never said I had to play it in a different region, as once it downloads I then switch to my Aussie account and play.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 29 July 15 at 12:22
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:As I understand it, EU trade rules actually disallow MS from limiting access to other marketplaces. OTOH, MS have been actively making things difficult for us in Australia. I've at times been able to switch regions (to the US) and purchase without issue, then other times it simply won't accept my regular payment methods. It's a bit frustrating.MS has nothing to do with getting games rated in Australia or anywhere else unless they are the ones publishing it, and therefore that have to go through the classification board.

As I believe it the ID@XBOX games are published by the developer and MS doesn't charge platform fees, but the devs are the ones who have to pay to get their games through the classification boards for all the countries around the world they want to release it in.

If I'm wrong someone will surely post it.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.