The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: February 18th, 2015

• Posted on 19 February 15 at 01:32Permalink
    I'd love to pick up a few things on here but it's not accepting any of my payment types. I guess Microsoft just doesn't want my money.
    "Memories — even important ones — don’t come back to us whenever we want them to. But that doesn’t mean the memories are gone." Sora (KH:CoM)
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 01:41Permalink
    I look at all these listed titles and see nothing of interest.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • Phoenix C64Phoenix C64275,206
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 01:44Permalink
    CounterInsurgnt said:All NON US gamers....if you buy Duck Dynasty please understand that most Americans are not like those morons on the show and in the game. They are a disgrace to our nation. Thanks.wait, are you telling me that most americans ain't rednecks? what a disapointment! they are funny as shit xD
    Nerd Rage: http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=280
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 03:05Permalink
    Some great deals, too bad my hard drive won't allow so many GoD's. Guess I shall play Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and see what I come up with. Sniper Elite V2 is a lock for free though.
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 03:19Permalink
    TylerGenocide said:Some great deals, too bad my hard drive won't allow so many GoD's. Guess I shall play Eeny, meeny, miny, moe and see what I come up with. Sniper Elite V2 is a lock for free though.You don't have to download the items now to get them at their current prices. You are only ever charged for an item once, which means if you buy everything now and cancel all the downloads (or they self-abort because of insufficient space), you can come back to them whenever you feel like it in the future and download/play them without additional charge.

I've been linking every free Xbone GwG to my tag since they started offering them and I don't even own the console. When I finally get around to buying one, however (years away, likely), all of those free games I linked to my tag will be waiting for me to download, all of them still free.
    Supporter of unpopular opinions.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,752
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 04:50, Edited on 19 February 15 at 04:56 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    Chris8875 said:Just a quick question - I have Forza Horizon on the 360 on disc. I have a spare silver US profile I use at times as well.

I have some spare $ on this US profile - if I purchase the Rally Expansion pack on the US profile, it won't be available to my main Australian profile, will it?

It has been a while since I bought DLC via another profile like this, and I've forgotten the outcome!

Thanks
    Just to add to that, for the Xbox 360 all DLC (GoD, XBLA, Add-Ons, etc) purchased on a console are available to all users of that console. However only the account used to purchase them can use them on other consoles, and only when they are online.

This does not include avatar items or 3rd party content and 3rd party online passes, such as Uplay which are tied to your gamertag.

So yes, content purchases on your US gamertag will be available to your Australian gamertag, but only on the console it is first downloaded to.

For the Xbox One it is a bit different. All content regardless of which console it was first downloaded on is available to all users of the console that person has set as their "home console". It still remains that the person who purchased the content can use it on any console, as long as they are online. So if you have two Xbox Ones in your house (or at a friends house), you should set the console that you don't normally use as your home console, and the other person should do the same. That way you will have access to all your content as well as all their content ;)

Don't worry if you fall out with your "friend" because you can at any time change your "home console" from any other console, making all you content on the other console unplayable.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 08:47Permalink
    • Watch_Dogs
    Silver - 50% off - Now US$30.00 / £30.00 / €35.00 / AU$49.98 / ¥4050
    Gold - 60% off - Now US$24.00 / £24.00 / €28.00 / AU$39.98 / ¥3240
    It's mine smile
    >> Let's go Bucs <<
  • DutRankDutRank152,619
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 09:15Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:YA BILLY said:What happened to Lords of the Fallen for$9?They pulled it shortly after it went live. A few others listed here were also not posted by Major Nelson, so they may also get pulled.Well that's unfortunate. Glad I snagged it before it got taken away.
  • IBKJJIBKJJ353,370
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 09:30Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:IBKJJ said:Forza Horizon Rally pack and south park for me!

MrGompers said:I completed the game a while ago, but I think you only need the rally expansion + one car pack. (I think the November one) I didn't buy a separate Lambo.

You can also log onto forza.net and redeem rewards for free each month. Usually it's cash but sometimes they have cars too.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/
    Why do you need one car pack to complete the game?
    The 1000 Club DLC requires you to get medals in more cars than are available in the base game
    Thanks for the answer! And for the awesome post with the deals!
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,067
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 10:15Permalink
    Phoenix C64 said:CounterInsurgnt said:All NON US gamers....if you buy Duck Dynasty please understand that most Americans are not like those morons on the show and in the game. They are a disgrace to our nation. Thanks.wait, are you telling me that most americans ain't rednecks? what a disapointment! they are funny as shit xDTrue. There is the "jersey shore people" as well. When do they get their own game?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,927
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 12:05Permalink
    Thanks to Stryker can has for pointing out to me that Worms Battleground remains free long after its December "Games with Gold" window. I've added it to the article. If other "Games with Gold" titles get extended they will also be included in subsequent articles.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 February 15 at 15:15Permalink
    Well for that kinda price I'm buying Just Cause 2. Got rid of the disc but never finished it...
    There's no accounting for taste, it'd be best if everyone just respected that.
  • Andrinho7xAndrinho7x458,308
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 15:29Permalink
    I think I'll get Metro 2033! It looks promising.
    Thought about Mass Effect but I've read some awful opinions about its gameplay.
  • TheMaizeTheMaize1,220,067
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 16:17Permalink
    Andrinho7x said:I think I'll get Metro 2033! It looks promising.
    Thought about Mass Effect but I've read some awful opinions about its gameplay.
    Mass effect was one of the absolute best games last generation imo. But sadly its totaly outdated now. But If you got an xbox one, I would strongly advice you to invest in the hd remake of the three games when they release sometime end of the year.
  • MrGompersMrGompers712,185
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 17:24Permalink
    IBKJJ said:Forza Horizon Rally pack and south park for me!

MrGompers said:I completed the game a while ago, but I think you only need the rally expansion + one car pack. (I think the November one) I didn't buy a separate Lambo.

You can also log onto forza.net and redeem rewards for free each month. Usually it's cash but sometimes they have cars too.

This thread explains it better than I can. In order to complete the "free 100 club expansion pack DLC" you will need at least the Nov car pack.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44807...

You can save some cash by logging into forza.net and redeeming your reward(s) to receive a free 1998 Nissan R390 car.
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert765,020
  • IBKJJIBKJJ353,370
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 18:47Permalink
    MrGompers said:IBKJJ said:Forza Horizon Rally pack and south park for me!

This thread explains it better than I can. In order to complete the "free 100 club expansion pack DLC" you will need at least the Nov car pack.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44807...

You can save some cash by logging into forza.net and redeeming your reward(s) to receive a free 1998 Nissan R390 car.
    Thanks!

ChaosAlert said:TRIVIAL PURSUIT LIVE! (Xbox 360) is 33% off, while Titanfall (Xbox 360) Deluxe Edition is 20% off. The latter has been much cheaper in the past.Thanks! I'm interested in trivial, somebody knows if its a one day only deal or all weekend?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce762,927
    Posted on 19 February 15 at 19:25Permalink
    IBKJJ said:ChaosAlert said:TRIVIAL PURSUIT LIVE! (Xbox 360) is 33% off, while Titanfall (Xbox 360) Deluxe Edition is 20% off. The latter has been much cheaper in the past.Thanks! I'm interested in trivial, somebody knows if its a one day only deal or all weekend?These have a strong whiff of perma-discount to them. They haven't been lowered on the regular sale day, they don't match the discount levels of other sale items, they're discounts to the base price, rather than a Gold-discount and Titanfall hasn't been lowered in all regions (e.g. US but not UK).
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 19 February 15 at 22:27Permalink
    Nice to see a price reduction on Watch_Dogs; hopefully that means the Bad Blood DLC will go on sale soon.
    Here's my chance to show my creativity.... nope, got nothing.
  • ChaosAlertChaosAlert765,020
    Posted on 20 February 15 at 01:39, Edited on 20 February 15 at 01:51 by ChaosAlertPermalink
    HolyHa1fDead said:Wicked Weekend Offers from 20th February 2015 TBC
    Xbox One
    Halo Master Chief Collection Bundle 25% off (60% with Gold)
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 33% off (40% with Gold)
    Shadow of Mordor Season Pass 33% off (40% with Gold)
    Walking Dead: Season 1 and 2 Bundle 50% off (60% with Gold)
    Xbox 360
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen 67% off (75% with Gold)
    Fable Anniversary 40% off (50% with Gold)
    F1 2014 45% off (56% with Gold)
    Naruto Storm Revolution 40% off (50% with Gold)
    Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed 75% off (84% with Gold)
    TMNT Secret of the Ooze 40% off (50% with Gold)
    Tropico 5 40% off (50% with Gold)
    WWE 2K15 33% off (40% with Gold)
    These deals are now live. Thanks for re-upping the leak beforehand, HHD.

Also discounted are DIRT 3 and Bound by Flame.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.