Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Difficult Achievements

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,312,986
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:48
    Bring all your skills and triple them. Then you may be in with a chance (but probably not)

Please click here to read the story: TA Top Five: Difficult Achievements

Credit goes to LiopetriBeast for this story
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:53
    These are definitely some pretty tough achievements to get. I congratulate those who have them.
    I Will Not Fail
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite3,400,955
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:54
    Mushihimesama... just saying...
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,312,986
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:53
    I think my personal most difficult achievement that I've earned was:

Black Knight SwordSunny side upThe Sunny side up achievement in Black Knight Sword worth 108 pointsFinish the game without ever entering the shop

The game was fairly tough to do without dying and upgrading but the checkpoints were generous. That last boss though angry. Then again, I'm not very good at the tough stuff. Not much of a twitch gamer. So it's probably a lot easier for others.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • BillarghBillargh392,215
  • RedBlinkyRedBlinky1,112,561
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:55
    No fear isn't hard it's just broken
  • KirkSadlerKirkSadler307,549
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:56
    I know music games are out, but how about beating "Through The Fire and Flames" from GH3 or "Bloody Feet" from GH: Smash Hits (and I know there are countless others which are horrible too).
  • ネメシスネメシス957,107
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 19:58
    lmfao this list is a joke laugh
    I dont give up, giving up is for faggots - IMakke
  • AwooAwoo1,799,416
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:00, Edited on 19 April 15 at 20:01 by Awoo
    Child of Eden is literally EASY. Come on.

The only ones that belong anywhere near this are Deathsmiles (the JP version has a harder achievement too, please do your research) and Cloudberry, maybe Robotron.

Where are Asteroids Deluxe and Tempest? Where's Dustforce? Where's Dodonpachi Resurrection? This is a joke.
    What can change the nature of a man?
  • draibadraiba455,544
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:01
    "no fear" is not broken.
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:04
    Lol, in what way is 'No Fear' broken?
  • AwooAwoo1,799,416
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:05
    Billargh said:Lol, in what way is 'No Fear' broken?It's glitchy. But it's also easy. Took me like maybe max 2 hours for all the maps. Kudos for bringing up Mutant Storm Reloaded though, that took a bit of effort.
  • Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:07, Edited on 19 April 15 at 20:09 by osubluejacket
    Raezie said:lmfao this list is a joke laughConstructive criticism at its finest.

On a serious note, I just looked through all of my achievements and it seems as if most of my "difficult" ones are just grindy, CEO in Syndicate, Madman in The Witcher 2, and Foxiest of the Hounds in Deus Ex are all just time commitments.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • ArcCscArcCsc448,887
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:07, Edited on 19 April 15 at 20:10 by ArcCsc
    here is my personal list

TempestTurmoilThe Turmoil achievement in Tempest worth 25 pointsReach the random wavesEvolved game - Normal difficulty

8 years later and no one has gotten close to doing this

Asteroids & DeluxePlatinumThe Platinum achievement in Asteroids & Deluxe worth 339 pointsScore 250,000 pointsAsteroids DeLuxe - Normal difficulty

Cyberball 2072Super BreakerThe Super Breaker achievement in Cyberball 2072 worth 446 pointsComplete all 10 pages in Game Breakers.

Deathsmiles (JP)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Deathsmiles (JP) worth 778 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Robotron: 2084Wave 100The Wave 100 achievement in Robotron: 2084 worth 1075 pointsMake your way to wave 100 using default settings

Honorable mentions
    DustforceMaster of the Custodial ArtsThe Master of the Custodial Arts achievement in Dustforce worth 567 pointsScore double-S in all original single player levels

DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU) worth 1353 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
  • Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:08
    metal slug!...that and im surprised mile high club isnt on here...i mean you can get it with enough practice and it has alot more players than many of these games so the amount of people isnt too far off..it still was a pretty touch achievement
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:10, Edited on 19 April 15 at 20:11 by Billargh
    RazorPriest said:Billargh said:Lol, in what way is 'No Fear' broken?It's glitchy. But it's also easy. Took me like maybe max 2 hours for all the maps. Kudos for bringing up Mutant Storm Reloaded though, that took a bit of effort.Glitchy how? I don't remember running into any issues with it when I done it, granted it was years ago. It certainly took me more than 2 hours mind, hah, learning the maps and spawn point was a huge time sink. I think Glutton For Punishment in FEAR Files was possibly the more difficult of the two.

I couldn't justify spending any more time on Mutant Storm attempting that achievement to just keep failing, haha.
  • AwooAwoo1,799,416
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:10
    ArcCsc said:
    here is my personal list

TempestTurmoilThe Turmoil achievement in Tempest worth 25 pointsReach the random wavesEvolved game - Normal difficulty

8 years later and no one has gotten close to doing this

Asteroids & DeluxePlatinumThe Platinum achievement in Asteroids & Deluxe worth 339 pointsScore 250,000 pointsAsteroids DeLuxe - Normal difficulty

Cyberball 2072Super BreakerThe Super Breaker achievement in Cyberball 2072 worth 446 pointsComplete all 10 pages in Game Breakers.

Deathsmiles (JP)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Deathsmiles (JP) worth 778 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement

Robotron: 2084Wave 100The Wave 100 achievement in Robotron: 2084 worth 1075 pointsMake your way to wave 100 using default settings

Honorable mentions
    DustforceMaster of the Custodial ArtsThe Master of the Custodial Arts achievement in Dustforce worth 567 pointsScore double-S in all original single player levels

DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU)Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in DoDonPachi Resurrection (EU) worth 1353 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    Quote for great justice.
  • Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:12
    There was a reason that I never got any of these games.
  • Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:14
    It's and UTTER travesty that this achievement got left out, just like how it's an UTTER travesty that Michael McGillicutty can't go by Joe Henning.

Knights ContractBlood SpilledThe Blood Spilled achievement in Knights Contract worth 15 pointsDefeat an enemy
    Don't be a lemon, be a rose bud.
  • xLsWxxLsWx1,030,869
    Posted on 19 April 15 at 20:15
    Surprised none of the other bullet hell games made the list e.g. DoDonPachi
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.