Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screens are Spellbinding

AuthorMessage
Marc Pilkington
Posted on 15 June 13 at 16:34
Wouldn't want to get lost in the woods with these beasts lurking about

Please click here to read the story: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Screens are Spellbinding
Lil Miss Cherry
Posted on 15 June 13 at 16:45
I literally cannot wait for this. It looks sooo amazing! clap
Kupo Kupo
Janenzki
Janenzki
Posted on 15 June 13 at 16:51
Oh boy that first pictures creature looks so badass shock... Cannot wait this too but in a meanwhile the book saga of this game shall reduce my hunger of Geralt's adventures roll
"The birth of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame"
anomalystic777
Posted on 15 June 13 at 17:04
Lil Miss Cherry said:
I literally cannot wait for this. It looks sooo amazing! clap
+1

The Witcher 2 was amazing, we need more dark fantasy RPGs!
2014 cannot come soon enough.
Clown Syndr0me
Posted on 15 June 13 at 17:26
This game looks amazing.
Never played any Witcher games, is witcher 2 any good and can anyon egive me a comparison to any other game that its like?
JamP0und32
JamP0und32
Posted on 15 June 13 at 17:51
Does anyone know if the story carries between games? I've never played the first one and own the second one. Really like the look of the series.
True XenoBlade
Posted on 15 June 13 at 17:59
This does look very impressive indeed, can't wait for it!
k0ngzor
k0ngzor
Posted on 15 June 13 at 18:00
Is that.. Vesemir?
No way! smile
PrettyColt21109
Posted on 15 June 13 at 18:15, Edited on 15 June 13 at 18:20 by PrettyColt21109
Looks fantastic. Day one buy, no matter what system I get. These guys are just awesome. For anyone who hasn't played The Witcher series, I highly recommend the second one. One of the only games I can remember where your choices actually do matter. You will love playing it a second time, as the story goes in a different direction if you choose.

Great mature, funny, dark, violent fun-fest. The characters were so well written, and the dialogue was just fantastic, unparalleled. Anyone who likes RPGs and stories owes it to themselves to play The Witcher 2. The first can be skipped, although it is obviously even better if you have played the first.

The books as well......

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 June 13 at 18:29
WOOT!
Thor~
NecromancyQueen
Posted on 15 June 13 at 19:50
I've never really been interested in The Witcher but this makes me want to try the others!
NecromancyQueen
k0rruptiD
k0rruptiD
Posted on 15 June 13 at 19:58, Edited on 15 June 13 at 20:00 by k0rruptiD
Clown Syndr0me said:
This game looks amazing.
Never played any Witcher games, is witcher 2 any good and can anyon egive me a comparison to any other game that its like?
Witcher 2 can be compared to many RPGs, although slightly tougher in pretty much everything, like combat requires finesse and equipping the right weapon (silver sword for monsters steel for humans is the basics), you can't use potions or anything during combat so you have to predict where combat will occur and what you need to do to prepare.

In these ways it drove many people off because they are used to all the other RPGs out there that take a "casual" approach, for the lack of a better way to put it. Quests aren't as straight forward and can have some consequences/rewards somewhere down the line, some side quests continue throughout the whole game slowly progressing, others are completely miss-able etc.

The story is deep and involves a lot of politics and referring to things/people/places you would of never heard in the game unless you either played the previous games and know the lore/politics in the world or even the lore in the game with many books and notes that go very in depth, so again in that regard many people are turned off by either having to read book after book to even grasp the story, or just accept that you'll never understand it so just enjoy what you do.

For me Witcher 2 took a very long time to get into, at first the combat felt clunky and unfair, enemies would stun lock me constantly and i couldn't even move, the menus can be pretty slow and some times overly complicated, once you overcome the hurdles it presents its a pretty damn amazing RPG.
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
Clown Syndr0me
Posted on 15 June 13 at 20:14
k0rruptiD said:
Clown Syndr0me said:
This game looks amazing.
Witcher 2 can be compared to many RPGs, although slightly tougher in pretty much everything, like combat requires finesse and equipping the right weapon (silver sword for monsters steel for humans is the basics), you can't use potions or anything during combat so you have to predict where combat will occur and what you need to do to prepare.

In these ways it drove many people off because they are used to all the other RPGs out there that take a "casual" approach, for the lack of a better way to put it. Quests aren't as straight forward and can have some consequences/rewards somewhere down the line, some side quests continue throughout the whole game slowly progressing, others are completely miss-able etc.

The story is deep and involves a lot of politics and referring to things/people/places you would of never heard in the game unless you either played the previous games and know the lore/politics in the world or even the lore in the game with many books and notes that go very in depth, so again in that regard many people are turned off by either having to read book after book to even grasp the story, or just accept that you'll never understand it so just enjoy what you do.

For me Witcher 2 took a very long time to get into, at first the combat felt clunky and unfair, enemies would stun lock me constantly and i couldn't even move, the menus can be pretty slow and some times overly complicated, once you overcome the hurdles it presents its a pretty damn amazing RPG.
Thanks for taking the time to write that!

I seen it at a low price now so think I will pick it up, thanks for the warnings though about understand the story etc, those sort of things can put me off games at times but now Im prepared for it, should be okay!

In terms of exploration/freedom how linear is it?
Mattpm13
Mattpm13
Posted on 15 June 13 at 21:02
Awesome, I just finished Assassin of Kings and I loved every minute of it. I'm definitely getting this one.
itsamultipass
itsamultipass
Posted on 15 June 13 at 21:03
I've never played a Witcher game but the way it looks reminds me of how fun it was to play Viking! I miss that game and wish they had made a sequel..

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 15 June 13 at 21:25
DAY ONE
k0rruptiD
k0rruptiD
Posted on 15 June 13 at 22:51
Clown Syndr0me said:
k0rruptiD said:
Clown Syndr0me said:
This game looks amazing.
-snip-
Thanks for taking the time to write that!

I seen it at a low price now so think I will pick it up, thanks for the warnings though about understand the story etc, those sort of things can put me off games at times but now Im prepared for it, should be okay!

In terms of exploration/freedom how linear is it?
I think the story has 3 "acts", from what i remember each act had its own area with a bunch of side quests/dungeons ect, these parts are all "open world" but once you leave and go onto the next act i guess you can't go back. It does feel very open when it comes to side quests and such, but the main quest is a linear path that can split at many times.

Each act has a main town "hub" area usually surrounded by a lot of wilderness. Each area is pretty large and there is plenty to explore and find.
"We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
Jakeythedude
Jakeythedude
Posted on 16 June 13 at 02:16
They are some beautiful screenshots.
Eurydace
Eurydace
Posted on 16 June 13 at 06:43
Can't wait for this to hit $30. I'll cop it then for sure.
Killateral DMG
Posted on 16 June 13 at 11:04
Bought the Witcher 1+2 for 10.18 on Steam the other day. Loving them. So excited for this.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.

Account Settings

In order for TrueAchievements to track your games and achievements correctly, it is required that we have access to your achievements. If your achievements are not being scanned in, it is likely that your privacy settings are not allowing this. To correct this, please follow these instructions:

1. Log into https://www.xbox.com/

2. Click on My Account in the top toolbar.
My Account location.

3. Scroll down to Safety and select Manage my privacy and online safety.
Privacy and online safety location.

4. Scroll down to 'Others can'. You need to make sure that 'Everybody' can see your game and app history
Game and app history location.

These steps will allow TrueAchievements to update all of your achievements across all Xbox platforms.