Game Discussion: Rare Replay Forum

So what games annoy you guys so far ,and why?

AuthorMessage
Dlonix13
Dlonix13
Posted on 12 August 15 at 01:36
xSRYANx said:Solar Jetman is borderline unplayable to me, I cannot stand it at all. Between that and Knight's Lore, not sure which one I hate more. Everything else has been alright by me.FULLY AGREE. Underwurlde was a bit tedious as well. Atic Atac I can make it all the way to the finishing room with all the gold and I dont know what to do. I was told to arrange them a certain way in my inventory to ACG and I'v no clue how. I think the most hilarious things for some of these old school games are the old reviews. One was talking about Sabretooths graphics being awesome, etc....which at the time, they were. We are pretty lucky IMHO.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 12 August 15 at 04:36
I actually remember people I knew who owned a ZX Spectrum talking about how amazing Lunar Solarman was when it released. Then I try to play it now and I hate every minute of it. Guess some age in different ways.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Hooch Lee
Hooch Lee
Posted on 12 August 15 at 09:13
Level 10 in Battletoads. The third race against the rat is so annoying even with the rewind feature.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 12 August 15 at 10:05
Yeah you really need to have the headbutt trick down for that race or you're basically boned. But then again at that point you're basically done with the game. The final level is more annoying than hard and the Dark Queen is piss easy.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Hooch Lee
Hooch Lee
Posted on 12 August 15 at 13:01
Yeah, just finished the game. I finished the race with a Youtube video and about 400 rewinds :)

But this game is so bad. It looks great for a NES game but I think it is a shitty game.
darkmafia99
darkmafia99
Posted on 12 August 15 at 20:20
Battletoads wasnt too bad, just a bunch of rewinds and using the pause technique to get the pixel perfect turns.

That one sabrewulf screenshot is annoyingly horrible, so far the worst thing of the collection I have played,
and Killer Instinct Gold was a major letdown, as I still own the og black cartridge SNES for the original KI, I dont remember that one being so irritating.

Grabbed by the ghoulies was a pleasent surprise, and finally proud to say I have finally finished banjo kazooie, so far 45 hours into the entire collection, well worth the $24 I have paid
Julz D 01
Julz D 01
Posted on 12 August 15 at 21:30
I would say they should have just called the game "obstacle toads" bc because most of the time you dont really battle anything. It is just mostly dodging 1 hit kills etc...
Kamera
Kamera
Posted on 22 February 18 at 19:50
Jetpac Refueled. This game is not my cup of tea -- props to anyone who has 100% this game. I can't beat the 16 retro levels and the grind to level 128 is depressing.
Xbox Ambassador
ecinrun
ecinrun
Posted on 22 February 18 at 21:22
I am probably the only person who thinks this but for me the hardest are both of the Viva Piñata games. I have completed Jet Force Gemini, Grabbed By The Ghoulies (including Challenge 21), and gotten a majority of the stamps in Rare Replay but I have 1/10 stamps in both Viva Piñata. Everyone says that it is easy but it is not. I am sitting there for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I make a bad decision and it basically ruins the entire playthrough such as putting a tree on the edge of the garden where the stuff it grows go out of bounds. I can't seem to get enough money to do anything. I don't know how people manage to complete it so easily.
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 26 February 18 at 20:24, Edited on 24 April 19 at 23:07 by CarlosMaestre85
So far, playing the retro games in order to complete the package.

I've played Perfect Dark originally on the N64, getting it all, but the addition of Crowns and The Name's Dark, Perfect Dark (without auto aim on PA difficulty) is just too much pain.

Also, Jet Force Gemini may be a great game (didn't play back in time) but controls sucks, as Blast Corps. If those where remade, maybe the could be a couple of cool games

I made my checklist for Rare Replay on google docs to check which ones I finished. (you may copy if it is worth https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UXXnAu4lnPYfxFB-twcL...)

Jetpac
Lunar Jetman
Atic Atac
Sabre Wulf
Underwurlde

Knight Lore
Gunfright
Slalom
R.C. Pro-Am
Cobra Triangle
Snake Rattle 'n' Roll
Solar Jetman
Digger T. Rock
Battletoads
R.C. Pro-Am II
Battletoads Arcade
Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps
Banjo-Kazooie
Jet Force Gemini
Perfect Dark (remaster) (1 achievement missing)
Banjo-Tooie
Conker's Bad Fur Day (multiplayer achievements)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies (wrapping Challenge 21)
Kameo (need coop and rankings)
Perfect Dark Zero
Viva Piñata
Jetpac Refuelled
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 26 February 18 at 20:46
Solar Jetman is pretty terrible, but the most annoying one for me is Viva Pinata: TiP, the game has some glitch in the backwards compatible version that makes me unable to get a few pinatas, and thus makes a few achievements impossible to get. Fortunately enough, I got all the stamps for that game, so this is not blocking me from getting all the stamps in Rare Replay (however Jetpac Refuelled, Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo probably will).
[Insert signature here.]
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 28 February 18 at 23:26
GoyetteQC said:
Solar Jetman is pretty terrible, but the most annoying one for me is Viva Pinata: TiP, the game has some glitch in the backwards compatible version that makes me unable to get a few pinatas, and thus makes a few achievements impossible to get. Fortunately enough, I got all the stamps for that game, so this is not blocking me from getting all the stamps in Rare Replay (however Jetpac Refuelled, Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo probably will).
If you need some piñatas, send me a msg on Xbox Live, I can provide those that are in game.
Unfortunately I can't help with Famous Piñata nor the Live Vision Cam achievements.
GoyetteQC
GoyetteQC
Posted on 01 March 18 at 00:08
Thanks for the offer but someone already sent me the one I was missing a while ago and I never saw it in my game. The gift system failed me as well. Unless both players need to be on at the same time for it to work, I don't have much hope I'll ever get it.
[Insert signature here.]
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 08 March 18 at 21:54
Updating my opinion:
Knight Lore. Terrible viewpoint, terrible control.
Friggin Grease
Posted on 31 May 18 at 01:12
To hell with Blast Corps. And I also do not fancy Grabbed by the Ghoulies, or Kameo, or any of the BC games actually. I totally enjoyed almost everything up to and around Conkers (First one I beat, still have my N64 CiB copy too)
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/31160404-pay-instantly-option-when-pre-ordering
OneAngelOfDeath
Posted on 26 July 18 at 04:58
ecinrun said:
I am probably the only person who thinks this but for me the hardest are both of the Viva Piñata games. I have completed Jet Force Gemini, Grabbed By The Ghoulies (including Challenge 21), and gotten a majority of the stamps in Rare Replay but I have 1/10 stamps in both Viva Piñata. Everyone says that it is easy but it is not. I am sitting there for hours on end waiting for something to happen. I make a bad decision and it basically ruins the entire playthrough such as putting a tree on the edge of the garden where the stuff it grows go out of bounds. I can't seem to get enough money to do anything. I don't know how people manage to complete it so easily.
I'm totally with you on these damn pinata games....its like watching paint dry while poking yourself in the eye with a stick!
The Manic Moose
Posted on 03 August 18 at 08:36
I have enjoyed all of the arcade games but I agree with "OneAngelOfDeath", Viva Pinata is painful. I played one version for 2 hours without getting an achievement. I know I will return as I want to 100% the collection but even so... it is painful.
planchetflaw
planchetflaw
Posted on 20 October 18 at 05:53
Kameo and the Viva Pinata games. I really enjoyed the oldschool games.
Arkham#8076
Arkham
Posted on 24 April 19 at 18:15
Kameo just isn't much fun, and the A ranks and time trials are really annoying. Underwurlde is the worst game of the whole package, imo.
CarlosMaestre85
Posted on 24 April 19 at 23:10
The A ranks in Kameo are a pain, as is completing Perfect Dark Zero.
Viva Piñata may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I enjoyed it before hunting achievements and it is a fun and somewhat complex game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.