The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 11th, 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 15 at 20:11, Edited on 11 August 15 at 20:11 by Permalink
    Wanted syberian 2 for ages...but I'm going for quantum
  • JamPound32JamPound32851,616
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 20:24, Edited on 11 August 15 at 20:54 by JamPound32Permalink
    anthonyd46 said:Is that even legal to do that I thought downloading from other countries marketplaces caused all those people to get banned with that oman stuff that time? If its not illegal would this work to get the mafia II russian version? The disc of that is quite expensive otherwise.Not if you're paying for it. The Oman thing was people downloading games that shouldn't have been free, from a marketplace that shouldn't have existed.
  • RomerNakataRomerNakata124,868
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 20:44Permalink
    I think I will pick up Max for that price.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,564
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 20:56Permalink
    Lego marvel is $7 odd dollars but for Australians we are charged triple??? FU Microsoft! Where's the justice?
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 11 August 15 at 21:24Permalink
    My inner kid now demands zoo tycoon laugh
  • Drew5195Drew5195646,326
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 21:48Permalink
    JamP0und32 said:Dwaggienite said:The LEGO Movie Videogame - 75% off - Now US$5.00 / £8.00

Cue the NOPE BADGER.

Switch your xbox one region to the US, use your paypal, get it much cheaper.

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox 360) - 67% off - Now US$6.59 / £14.84

THE NOPE BADGER RETURNS.
    Good call. Been wanting to play this but I can never find a disk copy for a reasonable price.
    Thanks for telling me. It shows me 30 dollars no thanks. It usually us - $5 and nz $7.50 but nope it 30 so ill change my region haha thanks anyway
  • BenchemBenchem712,814
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 22:22Permalink
    Nic Jessop said:My inner kid now demands zoo tycoon laughI found it lacking and extremely restrained due to having massive parks but only being able to fill a tiny fraction of them due to processing limits (or so they say).
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 22:57Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:Personally I got Syberia 2 but I'm hoping they put the first one on sale soon enoughIts only 2.99 for the first one let's be reaonble the developers deserve some money
    budah
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 23:05Permalink
    I have Syberia 1 showing for ten is it really 3 bucks ?
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,391
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 23:05Permalink
    lucky me wheeee said:ChewieOnIce said:Personally I got Syberia 2 but I'm hoping they put the first one on sale soon enoughIts only 2.99 for the first one let's be reaonble the developers deserve some moneyIt's actually £7.99/$9.99.
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 23:21Permalink
    Still hoping the Lego Batman 3 Season Pass goes on sale so I can pick up all the DLC for cheap.
  • Posted on 11 August 15 at 23:33Permalink
    I wish DLC sales didn't go the way of the dinosaur.
    Each One Teach One
  • capicawlcapicawl554,128
    Posted on 11 August 15 at 23:53Permalink
    Unfcnbleevibl said:Still hoping the Lego Batman 3 Season Pass goes on sale so I can pick up all the DLC for cheap.Xbox One, I got Lego batman 3 and the season pass for $13. Unless you were referring to the 360 rather?
  • CRZYSPZCRZYSPZ580,371
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 00:24Permalink
    Picked up Never Alone and Zoo Tycoon (been wanting to pick these games up for a while).
    Also picked up Sonic Generations and Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing: Transformed because of BC (SEGA is sponsoring BC as well, so there is no way in hell they'd avoid bringing these over).

Here's to hoping for Bioshock & Bioshock 2 (with DLC) will go on sale soon, I have disks, but would love to get rid of them and enjoy BC on the One (same reason why I bought Borderlands for $5 last week).:)
  • Posted on 12 August 15 at 00:38Permalink
    At least I can finally spend some money this week! Gonna snag never alone, syberia 2, and both trivial pursuits
    Your achievements are belong to us!
  • Franco 4 127hrsFranco 4 127hrs2,446,728
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 01:01Permalink
    anthonyd46 said:Is that even legal to do that I thought downloading from other countries marketplaces caused all those people to get banned with that oman stuff that time? If its not illegal would this work to get the mafia II russian version? The disc of that is quite expensive otherwise.Mafia 2 Russian is VPN locked,however I believe you can grab that Japanese version no problem.
  • anthonyd46anthonyd46966,865
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 01:14Permalink
    Franco 4 127hrs said:anthonyd46 said:Is that even legal to do that I thought downloading from other countries marketplaces caused all those people to get banned with that oman stuff that time? If its not illegal would this work to get the mafia II russian version? The disc of that is quite expensive otherwise.Mafia 2 Russian is VPN locked,however I believe you can grab that Japanese version no problem.Oh so you would need the disc to play the russian version? Yea I figured the Japanese version is obtainable, but that one is sub $20 on ebay sometimes even as low as $10 so not as rare.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,875
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 01:44, Edited on 12 August 15 at 01:52 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    JamP0und32 said:anthonyd46 said:If its not illegal would this work to get the mafia II russian version?Not if you're paying for it. The Oman thing was people downloading games that shouldn't have been free, from a marketplace that shouldn't have existed.It's not that the games were free, it was for circumventing regional pricing. So let's say a game is $99.99 in your region and it is $0.01 in another region, Microsoft could still take issue with you picking it up for $0.01. However many of the bans were for the distribution (sharing) of the free content, although there will never be an official statement about the exact details of each ban.

The only way to buy Xbox 360 content from another region, is to change your account to that region (or create another account) and you won't be able to change it to another region for 3 months. Microsoft have made it easier with the Xbox One, you just need to change the region of your Xbox One (it was like this back in 2005-06 on the Xbox 360) or change the region on xbox.com. Unless the content is Free (which is not the same as $0.00) you still need a payment method. PayPal is a good one as are MS Gift Cards.

Then there is the issue that some content is region locked (PAL/NTSC/NTSC-J) and some content is location locked (by IP address). However, if you try and purchase location locked content your purchase will be declined before payment is taken. In other words you can't pay for something you can't download. Using a VPN to get around location locking is also something Microsoft can take issue with.

anthonyd46 said:Oh so you would need the disc to play the russian version?Or you could take your console with you the next time you go to Russia!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • wildwest08wildwest08754,393
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 01:47Permalink
    Syberia 2 was very easy. Bought it this morning and finished it by night time. Great guides on the achievement page
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead504,875
    Posted on 12 August 15 at 02:00, Edited on 12 August 15 at 02:39 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    MugenKairo said:Lego marvel is $7 odd dollars but for Australians we are charged triple??? FU Microsoft! Where's the justice?This still represents a good discount in New Zealand:
    Lego Marvel store price = $99.99, XBL Gold sale price (75% off) = $24.98
    Lego Movie store price = $88, XBL Gold sale price (75% off) = $24.98

Regional digital pricing is set by the publisher, in the same way that physical pricing is. Microsoft have nothing to do with it. TT Games are one of the worse offenders as they do not reduce the price of their games outside of North America. You will also find you can pick these games up on disc for less than $10 in the US.
    tornprince2012 said:Someone forgot to mention Monopoly Family Fun Pack which is on sale as well, a third off for gold members.That's correct

Xbox One Bundles & Special Editions

• "Monopoly Family Fun Pack" (includes MONOPOLY Deal, MONOPOLY Plus & MY MONOPOLY) - 33% off - Now US$20.09 / £16.07 / €20.09 / AU$26.77 (25% off for Silver members)

Other deals that are still running...
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition 17% off for a limited time
    Dishonored Definitive Edition 50% off for those that purchased Dishonored digitally
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off for a limited time
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off for a limited time
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.