Game Discussion: Make It Rain: The Love of Money (WP) Forum

Achievements seem to be not unlocking on your gamertag at random

AuthorMessage
Evil Crusaider
Posted on 24 February 15 at 14:32
The greedy achievement shows as unlocked on my phone but not on Xbox.
Uninstalling and reinstalling does not help. Still shows as unlocked.
GrislyGrizzly
GrislyGrizzly
Posted on 24 February 15 at 18:13
SilentExiledOne said:My phone just downloaded an update for the game. As soon as it installed and I restarted the app I managed to unlock Fast Fingers within a minute of playing.

Unsure if this will fix the synch problem, only time will tell.
I downloaded the Make It Rain update as well but it didn't correct my broken "Hopeless" sync. What a fitting name for my broken achievement.
MrZombieChicken
Posted on 24 February 15 at 20:38, Edited on 24 February 15 at 20:39 by MrZombieChicken
FunkDog said:Yep, both Cigarette Factory and Strip Mine popped for me in game, but not on Xbox.com.Those two glitched on me as well.

I've been getting a lot of messages in the last few hours asking me how I managed to get those achievements to pop. So I'll post what I said here so those who are curious how got my 100% would know. I have 3 Windows Phones. After I finished the game on my main phone, I played the game again on my second phone since that one did not display that I already have the achievements. The achievements again popped, but did not sync up. So I tried for the third time on my third phone and this time it did sync up. So unfortunately,what worked for me is not a viable option for the majority of people since they own a single WP.

Good luck guys. I hope Microsoft sorts out these issues soon. I am just glad I am done with this monstrosity.
GrislyGrizzly
GrislyGrizzly
Posted on 24 February 15 at 21:50
Interesting. I have two Windows Phones but have had no luck unjamming the achievements on either of them. I was considering buying my third Windows Phone but thanks to this (in addition to little things that have occasionally bugged me), that plan is on hold. If Microsoft continues to pretend we're making this up, my next phone won't even be a Windows Phone when I upgrade this year. This has just been a horrible week in customer service.
kliqIMB
kliqIMB
Posted on 25 February 15 at 04:41
Does anyone have a phone that doesn't have the update to the Games Hub from 02/16 on it? It seems awfully suspicious that the day an update that like goes through is the same day that everything starts shitting itself.
GrislyGrizzly
GrislyGrizzly
Posted on 25 February 15 at 06:26
^ That's also interesting. Both of my Lumias have the update so I can't test this. Anyone else who can would probably be a big help though. Microsoft is taking its time solving this, so anything we can gather and bring to their attention might help get things somewhere.
redjarman
redjarman
Posted on 25 February 15 at 20:12
now my achievement list looks weird because it shows I got the 100k swipes achievement before I got the 10k one lol
Modena 400
Modena 400
Posted on 26 February 15 at 00:30
I have been suffering the same issues in my Lumia 625 (WP 8.1) with Tentacles: ETM and when I started these one, Make it rain, had the same problem, unlocked 6 achievements in the game but only 2 were unlocked in the phone games hub or Xbox.com.

Then I got my good old HTC 8X (also WP 8.1) and installed the game on it. I'm not using these phone habitually so I didn't fix a game icon to the main menu. Instead I started the game from inside the phone games hub. I was surprised that all the glitched achievements unlocked these time without problem.

So I tried with my 625 to start the game from inside the phone games hub and surprisingly I have been able to complete the 100% and all achievements unlocked correctly at first time.

Please, I ask you all to try this and comment your experience.

PD.: Excuse me for my "not so good" English.
deutschZuid
deutschZuid
Posted on 26 February 15 at 22:44
My experience has been that ever since this started occuring, I decided to make sure that the Games hub app is always running in the background whenever I launch a game. Achievements have unlocked without any issues since then. But this might have just been a fluke.. Will keep experimenting.
Elyoh
Elyoh
Posted on 26 February 15 at 23:06
I just find it funny that we seem to be able to figure this out faster than the people paid to do so...
No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
Ilindur
Ilindur
Posted on 28 February 15 at 14:00
it doesnt work for me, my cheevos are still glitched
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 28 February 15 at 17:56
Has anyone had the so-called "seven day healing" bullshit work yet?
l4mp00n3n
l4mp00n3n
Posted on 28 February 15 at 19:22
napoearth said:Has anyone had the so-called "seven day healing" bullshit work yet?Noup, still waiting
UnveiledArk
UnveiledArk
Posted on 28 February 15 at 23:38
Great. Achievements are glitched and money ?? progress has been reset. Shit
Hurricane Ham
Hurricane Ham
Posted on 01 March 15 at 00:36
kliqIMB said:Does anyone have a phone that doesn't have the update to the Games Hub from 02/16 on it? It seems awfully suspicious that the day an update that like goes through is the same day that everything starts shitting itself.Bit late the thread, but I dont have that update, and mine still bugged out.
QuickMythril
QuickMythril
Posted on 01 March 15 at 02:45
i have NEVER had any windows phone game do this to me. i have between 150 and 200 phone games on my tag, and this is the only one where the achievement popped up with the bar and didn't show up on my profile. i don't know why people keep saying it's an xbox live issue. this game clearly has this issue more than others, unless it's just a recent thing. i haven't earned anything on my phone between jan 20 and feb 20. no problems unlocking stuff on 360, one, or windows during that time though.
blueracer442
blueracer442
Posted on 01 March 15 at 03:45
QuickMythril said:i have NEVER had any windows phone game do this to me. i have between 150 and 200 phone games on my tag, and this is the only one where the achievement popped up with the bar and didn't show up on my profile. i don't know why people keep saying it's an xbox live issue. this game clearly has this issue more than others, unless it's just a recent thing. i haven't earned anything on my phone between jan 20 and feb 20. no problems unlocking stuff on 360, one, or windows during that time though.It's a recent thing started about two weeks ago.
Keep it Classy TA
Jakeythedude
Jakeythedude
Posted on 01 March 15 at 06:01
blueracer442 said:QuickMythril said:i have NEVER had any windows phone game do this to me. i have between 150 and 200 phone games on my tag, and this is the only one where the achievement popped up with the bar and didn't show up on my profile. i don't know why people keep saying it's an xbox live issue. this game clearly has this issue more than others, unless it's just a recent thing. i haven't earned anything on my phone between jan 20 and feb 20. no problems unlocking stuff on 360, one, or windows during that time though.It's a recent thing started about two weeks ago. it happened to me in this game and 1 achievement in Microsoft solitaire WP.
lufffffy
lufffffy
Posted on 01 March 15 at 07:09
Hurricane Ham said:kliqIMB said:Does anyone have a phone that doesn't have the update to the Games Hub from 02/16 on it? It seems awfully suspicious that the day an update that like goes through is the same day that everything starts shitting itself.Bit late the thread, but I dont have that update, and mine still bugged out.I don't have This update, but 3 achievements still bugged out too. Ihave the same problem with 2 achievements in total conquest cry
GrislyGrizzly
GrislyGrizzly
Posted on 02 March 15 at 03:29
napoearth said:Has anyone had the so-called "seven day healing" bullshit work yet?As of today my seven days are up. The self-heal did not work for me, and judging from the Xbox.com support thread I'm not alone.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.