The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: June 19th, 2014

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,616
  • MeszerusMeszerus555,777
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 19:54
    Was interested in that Assassin's Creed, but I've had enough of frustrating games lately, so if the review on its page is indication, I think I'll give it a pass.

When I was scrolling down and saw multiple games of the higher-cost tier, I was hoping Final Fantasy III would be on sale too. :(
  • GiinceeGiincee622,786
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:07
    Meszerus said:
    Was interested in that Assassin's Creed, but I've had enough of frustrating games lately, so if the review on its page is indication, I think I'll give it a pass.

When I was scrolling down and saw multiple games of the higher-cost tier, I was hoping Final Fantasy III would be on sale too. :(
    Assassin's Creed is an easy game. 200G in 3 hours.
  • GeoffistophelesGeoffistopheles1,284,931
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:07
    Meszerus said:

I was warning people away from it when it was free, so yeah. It's pretty bad.

FFIII isn't likely to see a sale any time soon. It's been out for all of six months, and it was taking quite some time for FFI to go on sale, I think just before FFIII came out. I was hoping they'd come out with FFV in time for the yearly Four Job Fiesta, or maybe some of the other retro FFs from iOS and Android.
  • WyyvernWyyvern671,065
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:08
    What's the difference between "Real Football" and "Real Soccer"? Does one have British accents and the other American accents?

On a serious note, why is it called "football"? It's basically rugby. You rarely use your feet.

Just so this comment doesn't get deleted for being "off-topic" I'll say that I managed to get Assassin's Creed for free when the Lumia promotion was active, but I have yet to start it. If it really is frustrating like the previous commenter said, I'll just delete it. I've had enough of stressful games...
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,289,657
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:09
    The Gameloft titles have been on sale for almost a week.
    As I recall Skulls of the Shogun has issues that prevent you prom completing it on multiple platforms so I am steering clear of the WP & Win8 versions. Plus it's a friggin repeat sale!!!
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:27
    MrZombieChicken said:
    The Gameloft titles have been on sale for almost a week.
    They may have been, but we missed it while sorting out E3. We figured that people would want to know about them late rather than not at all.
  • McDunkin93McDunkin93431,797
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:30
    I was going to get order & chaos but i generally like playing those kind of games in a group.
  • WinMo KirbyWinMo Kirby272,766
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:34
    Spitfire284 said:
    What's the difference between "Real Football" and "Real Soccer"? Does one have British accents and the other American accents?
    Basically, one is sold in the soccer countries, the other is sold everywhere else. It's presumably to avoid people complaining that it wasn't an NFL game or something.

Spitfire284 said:
    On a serious note, why is it called "football"? It's basically rugby. You rarely use your feet.
    Games were first called "football" to distinguish them from games played on horseback. Gridiron football got shortened to "football" as it was the most popular of such games. This is also why the Australians call their rugby variety "football", and why everyone else calls soccer "football". If soccer had maintained it's popularity in the States in the post-WWII era, we'd probably call it "football" too.

(Some of those quotation marks were probably excessive, but whatever, I was on a roll)

Spitfire284 said:
    Just so this comment doesn't get deleted for being "off-topic" I'll say that I managed to get Assassin's Creed for free when the Lumia promotion was active, but I have yet to start it. If it really is frustrating like the previous commenter said, I'll just delete it. I've had enough of stressful games...
    Eh, it's not as bad as people say it is. You'll die a few times from the bad controls, but it doesn't take that long to finish anyway, so it balances out.
  • ScorchPSOScorchPSO1,058,462
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 20:44
    Nothing for me, I have to say that the Assassin's Creed mobile game is terribad, I didn't enjoy it one bit.
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,721,118
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:00
    Warning: three of these games have unobtainables. That should be mentioned.
    Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Live like it's heaven on earth.
  • redjarmanredjarman519,427
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:01
    Order & Chaos says you can play to lvl 8 for free, but you have to buy it to even play it?
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,484
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:01
    Fair warning, that universal app feature will require the free Windows Phone 8.1 update, since that is when they added the file type support for these universal apps.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • rocking23nfrocking23nf614,795
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:12
    everything gameloft is terrible, everything they publish is buggy, and offer no support on anything.
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:29
    Sashamorning said:
    Warning: three of these games have unobtainables. That should be mentioned.
    As well as the Red Stripe deals, Windows Phone gamers get a bonus Gameloft Action sale. The following titles are on sale until June 27th. Those marked with ** have unobtainable achievements.
  • Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:54, Edited on 19 June 14 at 21:56 by Fuzzmeister J
    Skulls of the Shogun can glitch achievements if you unlock story achievements on one platform, they wont unlock on the other unless you play them both together.

I got Assassin's Creed free with my 1520. A shame 90% of the gameloft games have glitched achievements. It is a bad game, but easy to complete. Keep a health upgrade until you beat the final boss then you can beat the game with full health :) Just a couple of spots that the controls get annoying on, but nothing really hard about it.
  • Posted on 19 June 14 at 22:00
    xPut Name Herex said:
    Fair warning, that universal app feature will require the free Windows Phone 8.1 update, since that is when they added the file type support for these universal apps.
    I bought Halo on my Lumia 520 back in the day, so I got it on Win 8.1 for free... I guess it needs the WP8.1 Update if you purchase it on Windows and then wants to install on the Phone later, right?
  • coipcoip291,973
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 21:59
    Skulls of the Shogun is a really fun game. Worth the price.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead709,748
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 22:18, Edited on 19 June 14 at 22:26 by HolyHalfDead
    For those of you with WP7 there is another Gameloft Action title on sale
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Conviction (WP) $1.99US/$1.99CA/$1.99AU/£1.49/€1.99/¥200

Marcos Aspira said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    I bought Halo on my Lumia 520 back in the day, so I got it on Win 8.1 for free... I guess it needs the WP8.1 Update if you purchase it on Windows and then wants to install on the Phone later, right?
    That is my understanding. I bought Halo: SA on Win 8 and since WP 8.1 hasn't been released in New Zealand yet, I can't get if for free on WP.

Buy on Win 8 => free on WP 8.1 only
    Buy on Win 8.1 => free on WP 8.1 only
    Buy on WP 8 => free on Win 8? and Win 8.1
    Buy on WP 8.1 => free on Win 8? and Win 8.1

Spitfire284 said:
    If TA is anything to go by more people play Football, and the people who play Soccer find it harder to score goals. ;)
  • Posted on 19 June 14 at 22:27
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Marcos Aspira said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    That is my understanding. I bought Halo: SA on Win 8 and since WP 8.1 hasn't been released in New Zealand yet, I can't get if for free on WP.

Buy on Win 8 => free on WP 8.1 only
    Buy on Win 8.1 => free on WP 8.1 only
    Buy on WP 8 => free on Win 8? and Win 8.1
    Buy on WP 8.1 => free on Win 8? and Win 8.1
    I guess you thought is right, so as my WP isn't 8.1 yet, I'll purchase SoTS on PC and get the WP version when the update comes out here in Brazil wink
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.