The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Red Stripe Deals: June 19th, 2014

• Ham SaladHam Salad910,846
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 23:17
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Buy on WP 8 => free on Win 8? and Win 8.1
    At the very least, this is true. I bought Halo on WP8 back when it was released, and I was surprised to see it was free on my W8.1 PC.
  • NawtyCawtyNawtyCawty841,557
    Posted on 19 June 14 at 23:19
    Does anyone actually buy any WP7/WP8 games anymore? The platform died months ago, coincidentally when the One came out. Funny that.
  • acedawg4acedawg42,275,332
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 01:25
    Not enuff win8 games on sale!
  • MrZombieChickenMrZombieChicken1,289,657
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 03:55
    Fuzzmeister J said:
    Skulls of the Shogun can glitch achievements if you unlock story achievements on one platform, they wont unlock on the other unless you play them both together.
    "Both" or "All three"? I am not sure if the XBLA version needs to be played at the same time as well.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D2,059,308
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 05:21, Edited on 20 June 14 at 05:23 by Fire Hawk D
    Spitfire284 said:
    On a serious note, why is it called "football"? It's basically rugby. You rarely use your feet.
    Well, to distinguish the two, one's called "rugby football" while the other is technically called "Association football". That's actually where the word "soccer" came from. Oxford shortened "association" to "soccer" and "rugby" to "rugger". Only soccer stuck and is mainly used in Canada and the US today.

As for the sale, https://www.trueachievements.com/Assassins-Creed-Window....htm isn't too awful, though it can be a bit annoying at times. The Dark Knight Rises (WP) is actually pretty cool on phones, but that final achievement is grindy.
  • TrEX 71RTrEX 71R739,708
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 08:12
    Near miss.... Again....Need .99c price!
  • SnipedByAGir1SnipedByAGir12,945,274
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 08:42
    I bought Skulls for Windows Phone but it's not showing up as free for windows 8. Anyone know what you're supposed to do?
  • CONKER1182CONKER1182574,673
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 12:19
    I don't have any space on my WP for more games. cry
  • Posted on 20 June 14 at 15:01, Edited on 20 June 14 at 15:05 by Marcos Aspira
    SnipedByAGir1 said:
    I bought Skulls for Windows Phone but it's not showing up as free for windows 8. Anyone know what you're supposed to do?
    I did the opposite, WP version still shows the price for me, so maybe when WP8.1 is out, it becomes free, I'm going to wait

Universal apps seems to work only on Windows 8.1, not 8... You could contact MS support to ask about it
  • cnirvanacnirvana1,923,825
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 17:57
    Has anyone found any other titles besides Skulls and Halo that are considered "Universal Apps"? I like this new feature smile just got two new "free" Win 8 titles,

On a side note I Highly recommend Order & Chaos for $2.99 if your phone can run it. It's not a fast game to complete by any means. But it is a very good MMORPG. Plays like a handheld WoW easy controls once you get the hang of it. Difficulty curve isn't bad at all. I'm really enjoying it (Up to Lv 45 Human/Warrior Class) You get A LOT of playtime for your $3 smile Only downslide is that it does suck down the battery pretty fast and it causes my 8X to heat up so I can only play it on the charger for so long with out it shutting off the charging (overheat mode / flashing red/green light).
  • Ueki420Ueki4201,456,815
    Posted on 20 June 14 at 20:28
    Does anyone know if I've already bought Skulls of the Shogun on my WP during a previous sale would the W8 version be free for me then? I happen to own both Skulls and Halo: SA on my phone so it would be nice to have 2 free games.
  • Priit3Priit31,581,830
    Posted on 21 June 14 at 22:12
    How is Batman on WP ?
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 03:05
    Ueki420 said:
    Does anyone know if I've already bought Skulls of the Shogun on my WP during a previous sale would the W8 version be free for me then? I happen to own both Skulls and Halo: SA on my phone so it would be nice to have 2 free games.
    I think so... I bought Halo on a previous Red Stripe and when it became Universal App, appeared as free on my Windows 8.1 store
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,407,484
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 04:39
    cnirvana said:
    Has anyone found any other titles besides Skulls and Halo that are considered "Universal Apps"? I like this new feature smile just got two new "free" Win 8 titles,
    There's quite a few out from Microsoft, however they are all free on both platforms anyway (stuff like Hexic and Wordament Snap Attack) so it matters only for the cross-save and cross-development features rather than the fiscal matters. Microsoft only introduced the option to developers at their conference in April, and it requires a version of WP that is only in developers hands technically for the time being (although non-developers can get it easily, legally, and for free if they want), so the support is low, but it should pick up as developers plan for it and WP8.1 gets into more consumer handsets.
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 June 14 at 07:29
    So what is the difference between the paid and unpaid versions of these games?
  • Posted on 24 June 14 at 16:38
    amyant3 said:
    So what is the difference between the paid and unpaid versions of these games?
    It's not unpaid version, if the game is Universal App you won't pay to purchase it on a different system if you already bought it before...
  • EddieM1974EddieM1974701,520
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 15:13
    Gameloft sale didn't last till 27 June. Everything is full price already in the Netherlands.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.