Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Female Protagonists

• JMJimmyJMJimmy462,383
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 20:49
    Redd Five said:I consider Clem to represent childish innocence more than any gender role. In the first game, other characters saw her as a way for them to save what was good in the world.Ya, until she spoke I thought it was a little boy.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:14
    Thought we'd done this before?

Always been intrigued about Walking Dead, especially that character, seems interesting.
    We Get the Achievements We Deserve
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:30
    JMJimmy said:Redd Five said:I consider Clem to represent childish innocence more than any gender role. In the first game, other characters saw her as a way for them to save what was good in the world.Ya, until she spoke I thought it was a little boy.We hear her speak before we ever see her on screen.
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:31
    No Nilin from remember me? She is a Badass! Anya from Gears should also be there
    100% Completed Games: 108 Proudest 100%: Dead Island 1250/1250
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy462,383
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:32
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:JMJimmy said:Redd Five said:I consider Clem to represent childish innocence more than any gender role. In the first game, other characters saw her as a way for them to save what was good in the world.Ya, until she spoke I thought it was a little boy.We hear her speak before we ever see her on screen.One sees screenshots long before a game is released. laugh
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • DiesskayDiesskay656,282
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:46
    The girl from Lollipop Chainsaw will remain my favorite.
  • Fire Hawk DFire Hawk D1,515,280
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 21:55
    Watching that scene in the shed in the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season Two made me cringe SO much. Clementine is a tough kid.
  • C2AZYC2AZY237,436
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:06
    Love the list, Clem is my favourite!

I also agree that Lilth or Maya would be great additions but would argue that Tiny Tina or Moxi from boarderlands also belongs on the list due to their insanity and awesomeness!
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,390,294
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:11
    Lara, Faith, and Clem all deserve top 5. Jill Valentine has to be on this list, though. I know she hasn't necessarily starred in the new games, but come on. Even Claire should get a mention. I'm not even much of a Resident Evil fanboy, but it's just wrong.
  • Segendary TySegendary Ty653,168
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:16, Edited on 16 August 15 at 22:43 by Segendary Ty
    Jade from Beyond Good & Evil for sure! Female Shephard is bullshit. It was just another way to mention overhyped Mass Effect.

-Jade sorta knows self defense and goes through amazing emotional hartship
    -Nilin, cause she kicks some ass but wouldn't make my list
    -Faith (Lowest, her story and courage are amazing but there isn't much that would distuinguish her from other heroines)
    -Lara Croft (reboot, the other Lara Crofts are just tough sex bombs with a moral code)
    -Amanda Ripley (Shows real fear and would be like me in a survival situation.)
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:26
    Clementine is a poor choice, just my two cents.

No fighting game women make me sad. Nina Williams has something to say.
  • Bonien2Bonien2594,032
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:33
    MiserlyPluto459 said:No Nilin from remember me? She is a Badass! Anya from Gears should also be thereExactly!!
  • Grimace221Grimace221897,245
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:46
    I think there would have been many far better choices than Fem-Shep. There isn't anything wrong with playing as Fem-Shep, I myself have experienced the story from both sides of the Chromosomes, but Fem-Shep is not much different than Man-Shep.

With so many strong female characters in the game universe, why Fem-Shep over so many other great choices.
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:46
    JMJimmy said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:JMJimmy said:Redd Five said:I consider Clem to represent childish innocence more than any gender role. In the first game, other characters saw her as a way for them to save what was good in the world.Ya, until she spoke I thought it was a little boy.We hear her speak before we ever see her on screen.One sees screenshots long before a game is released. laughI'd love to see screens where Clem ever looked like a boy, haha.
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • Franco 4 127hrsFranco 4 127hrs2,669,792
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:52
    What about Miranda Keyes from Halo? She gave her life in the line of duty.
  • Grimace221Grimace221897,245
    Posted on 16 August 15 at 22:54
    BqCaduceusMD said:The folks at Bioware actually confirmed that the female Shepard variant is the cannon one.

http://www.destructoid.com/femshep-is-mass-effect-s-true-ori...
    Actually they only said that the first motion tests were done using a female Shep. They never said she is cannon. In fact, they even said that it was always intended for players to choose male or female characters.

Said nothing about it being cannon. Don't you know it isn't nice to twist peoples words?
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:16
    Great article! I loved the Walking Dead Series and Clementine was a great character. Anna was another good character, but she was not really in the same league as someone like Lara Croft.
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:17
    No Cirilla from the Witcher 3? Or any sorceress from the lodge?
    i rule
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:24
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:JMJimmy said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:JMJimmy said:Redd Five said:I consider Clem to represent childish innocence more than any gender role. In the first game, other characters saw her as a way for them to save what was good in the world.Ya, until she spoke I thought it was a little boy.We hear her speak before we ever see her on screen.One sees screenshots long before a game is released. laughI'd love to see screens where Clem ever looked like a boy, haha.Really. I'm not sure how anyone could confuse Clem for a boy....or be...."annoyed" by her.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:26
    No Anya (Gears of War series)?
    "If you'd have backed up any further, you woulda had to mail him the bullets!"-Tucker
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.