Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Female Protagonists

• Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:27
    Including Clementine, Aurora, and Femshep (especially femshep, can't imagine playing Mass Effect as a dude) in this list seems appropriate, very nice choices. These other ladies also come to mind:

Alice from Alice: Madness Returns. Seriously, when you can fight insanity with a pepper grinder and a tea pot, you know shite is getting real...

...and Claire Redfield from RE: Code Veronica and RE: Revelations 2. She's a tough person that handled some pretty ugly situations and still came out on top. The same could be said of Jill Valentine, too.
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:27
    I think Clem as #1 is a great choice. While it is true that she is basically guided through the story (as, in all reality, all characters are), she is able to handle herself. Having just finished the bridge in Season 2, Episode 2, I get a good sense of how she has grown as a character from Season 1.

I played through the entire Mass Effect Series as both male and female, and in my opinion FEMSHEP is by far the better character and I would definitely keep her on this list. It is a choice to pick a gender, but that doesn't mean they are equal. I didn't seem to notice any characterization from Borderlands to include them, but it may have been something I missed.

Lara Croft from the reboot....absolutely awesome!
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy462,382
  • Posted on 16 August 15 at 23:59
    Mmmmm Bayonetta...
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 15 at 00:10
    Nah

giz a dude
  • Posted on 17 August 15 at 00:11
    I came in here hoping to see Clem as #1. Did not disappoint!
  • MaliiciousMaliicious437,049
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 00:37
    JMJimmy said:I would have considered:
    - Sheva Alomar
    Clementine annoyed you but Sheva didn't? She is easily the stupidest AI in the resident evil series.
  • Posted on 17 August 15 at 00:39
    JMJimmy said:N0T PENNYS B0AT said:I'd love to see screens where Clem ever looked like a boy, haha.http://kachnul.org/images/screen/Walkingdeadseason2pc_4.jpg

Basically when it's hard to see the hair it looks more boyish or at least gender ambiguous.
    The season two poster? You saw screens of this but never the first? Haha anyway, I don't wanna detract from my own article. I could've never mistaken her for a boy, and even if I did, she is very much a young girl and belongs on this list for me. To each their own, as they say.
    If you think my real news is bad, you should see my satirical gaming news: vgmmdi.com
  • MaliiciousMaliicious437,049
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:00
    The Sharkopath said:No Anya (Gears of War series)?Would've been nice but Anya isn't really that much of a badass. She get's overshadowed easily. She was also really only in like half a game since the campaign was split between marcus/dom and cole/baird.
  • Toa TAKToa TAK311,642
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:01
    Top 3 are fantastic.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:08
    I miss Clem....telltale needs to stop screwing around with all these othe IPs and get back to the roots.
    THE NEW AND IMPROVED XBOX ONE.......FREE OF TYRANNICAL RULES AND REGS
  • Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:30, Edited on 17 August 15 at 01:30 by Harbringernight
    CounterInsurgnt said:I miss Clem....telltale needs to stop screwing around with all these othe IPs and get back to the roots.Nah TT just needs to stop making bad game like Walking Dead. Can we say beyond overrated?
    BY FYRE BE PURGED
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:43
    Harbringernight said:CounterInsurgnt said:I miss Clem....telltale needs to stop screwing around with all these othe IPs and get back to the roots.Nah TT just needs to stop making bad game like Walking Dead. Can we say beyond overrated?I don't value your opinion....go play a shrump or whatever wierd stuff you like ha-ha.
  • Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:43
    Diesskay said:The girl from Lollipop Chainsaw will remain my favorite.Jessica Nigri ?
  • ShinnizleShinnizle929,909
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:46, Edited on 17 August 15 at 01:51 by Shinnizle
    CounterInsurgnt said:or be...."annoyed" by her.She's a kid. Of course she annoys me. Just like Carl on the TV show.

Unfcnbleevibl said:Diesskay said:The girl from Lollipop Chainsaw will remain my favorite.Jessica Nigri ?Pretty sure Jessica was only hired as an official spokesperson for the game after winning a contest. I don't think Juliet Starling is actually based on her in any way.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • JMJimmyJMJimmy462,382
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 01:47
    Maliicious said:JMJimmy said:I would have considered:
    - Sheva Alomar
    Clementine annoyed you but Sheva didn't? She is easily the stupidest AI in the resident evil series.
    I played as Sheva whenever I had the chance so the AI was the guy - I also separate the character from the AI those are two different things.
    Life, it's funny that way.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 August 15 at 02:04
    Shinnizle said:CounterInsurgnt said:or be...."annoyed" by her.She's a kid. Of course she annoys me. Just like Carl on the TV show.

Unfcnbleevibl said:Diesskay said:The girl from Lollipop Chainsaw will remain my favorite.Jessica Nigri ?Pretty sure Jessica was only hired as an official spokesperson for the game after winning a contest. I don't think Juliet Starling is actually based on her in any way.
    WHAT!? You don't like Carl either.....do you have a step child you hate or something? LOL!

I'm curious to see if the teens on fear the walking dead will bother you as well. They look maybe 16-17
  • Posted on 17 August 15 at 03:23
    Glad this is going again. Love these!
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic407,870
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 04:21, Edited on 17 August 15 at 05:14 by Rhyolitic
    Tripitaka from Enslaved: Odyssey to the West could also be considered. She's not the character you play, but she is there pretty much the whole time and integral to it.
  • Jay InsomniakJay Insomniak1,178,561
    Posted on 17 August 15 at 04:34
    CounterInsurgnt said:I miss Clem....telltale needs to stop screwing around with all these othe IPs and get back to the roots.Shitty CSI games?
    My favourite colour is red
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.