Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Annoying Boss Fights

• Nexus GruntNexus Grunt160,294
  • SID 6581SID 6581711,913
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 14:56
    Haven't played any of the top 5, and after reading this I don't want too!
  • Th3 TaterTh3 Tater214,135
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 14:54
    Please...don't release the Kraken. Loved fighting Bob though, one of those satisfying moments.
    Tater
  • Jamiereloaded23Jamiereloaded232,280,919
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 14:58
    I annoyingly started Matt Hazard just to keep my achievement streak going, however i was too slow as it rolled over to 00:00 time wise by the time the game loaded and the 1st one loaded, so the streak broke plus i now have this shit game on my Gamerscore card.
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 14:58
    Vanquish should not be on this list. And if it is the Bogey bosses are WAY worse than the Argus Robot.
    "Revenge is a dish best served on a bed of rice."
  • Josh151Josh151281,383
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:10
    I would have included Alpha-152 from Dead or Alive 4. That character was so cheap.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,324,411
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:05
    I'm surprised Deus Ex didn't make it on here, and I'm actually glad it didn't. For the game I was playing, and the story I was immersed in, I liked how the bosses couldn't be taken down with pure stealth, which would have been "unrealistic" even if it did fit the gameplay better. I especially liked how
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    Gamers have only two hobbies: playing games, and complaining about those games.
  • itz waz meitz waz me290,326
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:10
    I for one loved Matt Hazard.
    Never played any of the top 5. Guess I'll have to pick them up and try them.
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:11
    ive done all of em the dmc was annyoing rest were ok the convict in
    dead rising were a pain on of my first 360 title i foud the carleto sniper bit harder when i did that
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:19, Edited on 22 June 14 at 15:21 by Epsilon Theta
    To be honest, I really enjoyed the Wolfenstein boss. Even on Uber it wasn't annoying. The method was easy to figure out and execution only took some practice. Only because it is hard doesn't make it bad.

Flames only appear from broken pipes. Most pipes are probably broken by you. There is cover at one end of the hangar but you need to constantly keep moving. I have to disagree with you on this one!
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:24, Edited on 22 June 14 at 15:26 by
    I stopped playing Metro 2023 because of the gas mask glitch where my gas mask was so busted up I couldn't see anything anymore. That Wolfenstein boss was visible to me, I don't see what the problem is with that. The Vanquish boss was not a problem either and nothing cheap happened, making me surprised none of the bosses from Dark Souls made the cut. Lame list as usual.
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:25
    Good list. I didn't have much trouble with the Hulk Zek, though.

The only one I might think to add would be the Lady Comstock fights in BioShock Infinite (on 1999 Mode). They were just... ugggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:25
    Nano machines son.
    Try and break our cookie system.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:31, Edited on 22 June 14 at 15:31 by
    Vanquish is the only game mentioned there and I played. The Argus boss isn't that hard or annoying to me. In fact, I'd say Barret of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is more annoying - if a player follows the stealth pathway of upgrading, Barret would be formiddable because he is a power character.
  • CHIGGUMSCHIGGUMS211,634
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:30
    In my many years of gaming, the only boss battle I've never been able to beat is the adult-difficulty version of The Miss Bloody Rachel fight in Viewtiful Joe 2. It's towards the end of the game, so what they do is gather every boss you've fought up to that point, give them extra health, and make you re-fight them all in a row with no health recovery and no checkpoints. Great game otherwise -- just an awful, awful boss fight.
  • A7X UnleashedA7X Unleashed2,264,878
    Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:38
    Done 4 of the 5 in that list. Can see why they are hated only one i didn't do was the senator i had metal gear rising but never got that far
    to be the man you gotta beat the man
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:44
    Confused Shelf said:
    Vanquish should not be on this list. And if it is the Bogey bosses are WAY worse than the Argus Robot.
    Agreed. Bogey is more annoying than the Argus.
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:47, Edited on 22 June 14 at 16:09 by NegativeCreep08
    The Raven fight from Aliens CM should be here instead of the Queen, mainly because it's completely broken. They patched the game so loads of soldier Xenos would appear and attack you, meaning you'd be killed before you could even get a hit in. Either co-op or clearing the cache and doing it offline are the only realistic ways to beat it on anything but the easiest difficulty.

Oh, and the final boss in Conan, which I'm fairly certain is used as a legalised means of torture in Guantanamo Bay. He has something like seven forms so it drags on forever, and full of insta-death QTEs which flash up almost without warning, so you'll often be mid combo and die instantly. Horrible end to a horrible game
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 June 14 at 15:48
    DONT FUCK WITH THIS SENATOR
    http://www.petitiononline.com/PMMX360/petition.html SIGN IT NOW
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.