Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

TA Top Five: Annoying Boss Fights

• vBlitevBlite188,567
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 20:35
    HolyMoses81 said:Spitfire284 said:...
    I bet either Moses or Blite respond with "that's how Dark Souls works". If that's true, then DS just proves it is even more pathetic than it already is. Even an optional tutorial! It was just laziness on FromSoftware's part.
    Nope, actually there is some kind of tutorial. There are several messages all over the Asylum, that explain how dodging, weak and strong attacks and also plunging work (I think the plunging one is before the fog gate before the Asylum Demon.
    So I guess it wasn't laziness on FromSoftware's part, but you being lazy on the reading-part. laugh

Face it, you're just a bit too whiny for that game, but that's not the game's fault.

By the way, YOU spoke about 200 deaths in the very beginning in the other post of yours. So, may I hand you just another thing to blame youself for. wink
    This
  • WyyvernWyyvern635,834
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 21:44
    Getting a bit fed up of this now.

HolyMoses81 said:Nope, actually there is some kind of tutorial. There are several messages all over the Asylum, that explain how dodging, weak and strong attacks and also plunging work (I think the plunging one is before the fog gate before the Asylum Demon.
    So I guess it wasn't laziness on FromSoftware's part, but you being lazy on the reading-part. laugh

Face it, you're just a bit too whiny for that game, but that's not the game's fault.

By the way, YOU spoke about 200 deaths in the very beginning in the other post of yours. So, may I hand you just another thing to blame youself for. wink
    I read the first couple of messages but stopped after they became useless, e.g "locked door ahead". If later ones were useful I missed them. Still, a simple tutorial at the start would have been helpful. Other things were missed out like simply pointing out weapon scaling.

I'm whiny? Just...I've already been through this facepalm

The 200 deaths was an overexaggeration. If you go back to the original GwG article I said in a post I gave the Taurus Demon 20 tries.

That said, I want to play it again for some reason. I might redownload it tomorrow.
  • Posted on 26 June 14 at 21:53
    TrueAchievements Editorial Manager | Twitter: @osubluejacket | "In Soviet Russia, game plays you!"
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash472,659
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 21:56, Edited on 26 June 14 at 21:59 by WhyattThrash
    CHIGGUMS said:HolyMoses81 said:Spitfire284 said:HolyMoses81 said:Spitfire284 said:HolyMoses81 said:Spitfire284 said:That glass is half empty.No, that glass is half full!You're full of it, that glass is half empty!I say the glass is half full: your argument is invalid.Like hell it is! The facts support that it is half empty!Bullshit! The glass is half full and everyone knows it!Everyone Else said:OH MY GOD I DON'T CAREOf all the comments who have ever nailed it, I'd say this one nailed it the most!
  • BillarghBillargh408,760
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 22:42
    Spitfire284 said:I read the first couple of messages but stopped after they became useless, e.g "locked door ahead". If later ones were useful I missed them. Still, a simple tutorial at the start would have been helpful. Other things were missed out like simply pointing out weapon scaling.I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the ONLY messages on the floor in the Undead Asylum are ones by the developers to be used as a tutorial.
  • vBlitevBlite188,567
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 22:50
    Spitfire284 said:Getting a bit fed up of this now.

HolyMoses81 said:Nope, actually there is some kind of tutorial. There are several messages all over the Asylum, that explain how dodging, weak and strong attacks and also plunging work (I think the plunging one is before the fog gate before the Asylum Demon.

I read the first couple of messages but stopped after they became useless, e.g "locked door ahead". If later ones were useful I missed them. Still, a simple tutorial at the start would have been helpful. Other things were missed out like simply pointing out weapon scaling.

The 200 deaths was an overexaggeration. If you go back to the original GwG article I said in a post I gave the Taurus Demon 20 tries.

That said, I want to play it again for some reason. I might redownload it tomorrow.
    The undead asylum is a tutorial.....
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,813,392
    Posted on 27 June 14 at 09:47, Edited on 27 June 14 at 09:48 by Legohead 1977
    Spitfire284 said:Getting a bit fed up of this now.

If you do, the method I used with the Taurus demon is:
    kill the two undead at the top of the ladder, trigger the demon, then immediately turn round and run to the ladder, climb to the top...quickly target him and drop down + press RB as you are falling...doesn't look like it connects at all, but does a lot of damage...roll through his legs...run to the other end of the bridge, face him...roll through his legs...run to the ladder, climb quick...repeat 3/4 times!

I warn you though...this is by no means the most irritating this game will get! Good Luck.
    Legohead 1977
  • WJS OsirisWJS Osiris836,867
    Posted on 29 June 14 at 06:25
    NegativeCreep08 said:Oh, and the final boss in Conan, which I'm fairly certain is used as a legalised means of torture in Guantanamo Bay. He has something like seven forms so it drags on forever, and full of insta-death QTEs which flash up almost without warning, so you'll often be mid combo and die instantly. Horrible end to a horrible gameThis X a million.. conan would be in my top 5
  • Posted on 29 June 14 at 08:23
    Seems like Platinum makes games with difficult bosses, with 2 of the top 3 and I've heard that some of the bosses in Bayonetta are pretty hard too.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,058,007
    Posted on 30 May 17 at 14:54
    BRiT wtfdotcom said:
    Surprised there's no mention from Gears of War 3 on Legendary setting the final Locust Queen battle or the Lambent Beserker in campaign or horde mode -- always run out of ammo and having to scamper around for refills is so annoying.
    YES the Lambentzerker fight was a goddamed nightmare. Took my godson and I a week of off and on playing to beat that fucking asshole.

And can we count Tank Bastion enemies from the last Overwatch DLC? They prevented many people from finishing that event.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 06 February 21 at 15:54, Edited on 06 February 21 at 15:54 by
    Sacred Uniform said:
    Seems like Platinum makes games with difficult bosses, with 2 of the top 3 and I've heard that some of the bosses in Bayonetta are pretty hard too.
    Godhand by Platinum Games is a prime example of what you just described. Even common peons destroy you
    Weirdflex: #1 0'13"25 Boulder Harbour A track in Truck Racer
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.