The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 18th, 2015

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:14
    Another week and another terrible sale. roll
    Would it kill them to put something new on sale...
  • Cellar AtticCellar Attic519,678
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:17
    What a steamer... But Bully is well worth the money. It's probably one of the more underrated Rockstar titles. Except for Manhunt. They need to revitalize that one.
  • Gh051 93Gh051 93268,624
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:17
    Deco76BR said:Gh051 93 said:Damn, was really hoping to see Metro: Last Light's season pass go on sale!Don't expect deals for GWG as now one of the Xbox Live Rewards if for buying DLC for these games in the first 14 days they are announced free.

http://rewards.xbox.com/mymissions/
    Gold members get more
    Xbox Live Rewards Gold members don't just get Games with Gold titles for free –they can also earn Rewards Credits. Simply download your free Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 or Xbox One. You can earn 2,000 Credits when you purchase add-ons for these Games with Gold titles.*

But don't wait – to qualify, you'll need to complete this offer within 14 days of the Games with Gold announcement. Get started now!
    Thanks for the info! Kind of a bummer that they dropped the idea of GWG-related deals in favor of rewards in a program that's limited to certain regions though.
  • Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:33
    capicawl said:I'm starting to think the future soldier dlc will never go on sale. rollBuy the GOTY-Version on disc. Legacy or Ultimate Edt. Something like that.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,056,671
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:37
    o DEEVIUS o said:Sweet, I have genuinely been waiting for the RDR DLC for ages smileyup, same here. Finally got it for the price I wanted.
  • troyoytroyoy898,392
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:38, Edited on 18 August 15 at 17:41 by troyoy
    Cant believe they got the balls to shut down servers then still try to have a sale on a game like end war. I think you can still buy army of two dlc and its not even playable. That's M$ for ya.
    I know nothing was mentioned about army of two, Im just saying. Its like buying a rock band track pack then accidently buying the songs you already own individualy. I am sure greedy M$ could keep that from happening if they gave a shit.
    If you dont believe I have 10 xboxes check vic viper cheev for oct 28th 2012 in otomedius excellent.
  • GMNGMN432,191
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:48
    xPut Name Herex said:Sweet, a GTA IV DLC sale! I've been waiting for that!

No, seriously, I just need to pick up The Ballad of Gay Tony and I was waiting for it.

No one is going to believe me cry
    To be honest no one probably cares what dlc you need....

But hey man you've posted so at least you ain't dead thanks for letting us all know toast
  • KedrixKedrix262,894
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 17:48, Edited on 18 August 15 at 17:49 by Kedrix
    I would not be surprised to see Metro Last Light DLC on sale...next week. If I remember correctly, it's always the second week, not the first that the sales for the DLC for GOG come out. Now the whole rewards thing might change that, but...we'll see. I'll hope for $10 or less for the Season Pass. But I'm not paying $15, period.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,322,004
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 18:49
    Kedrix said:I would not be surprised to see Metro Last Light DLC on sale...next week. If I remember correctly, it's always the second week, not the first that the sales for the DLC for GOG come out. Now the whole rewards thing might change that, but...we'll see. I'll hope for $10 or less for the Season Pass. But I'm not paying $15, period.The Rewards thing has been around almost (if not more than) a year now. That is nothing new.

Typically you see the DLC go on sale for a GwG somewhere between 2-4 weeks after it was made free (such that it occasionally catches the tail end of the freeness, but typically it is no longer free when the sale is started).
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 August 15 at 19:05
    Best ln Philly said:xPut Name Herex said:Sweet, a GTA IV DLC sale! I've been waiting for that!

No, seriously, I just need to pick up The Ballad of Gay Tony and I was waiting for it.

No one is going to believe me cry
    Same boat. I've passed up on Bully so many times not realizing how expensive the retail disk really is...
    It's crazy. I bought it for £6 pre-owned at the end of 2010 in HMV and sold it a year later for £20+. The shop that I bought it from then had used copies for £25-£30!

I think it went out of printing and the price just mooned it.
  • visheyryvisheyry499,077
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 19:48
    Just bought Arkham Knight online last night for $34 and waiting for LEGO Jurassic World to dip below $30... or RedBox.

Nothing for me here.
  • xDnl94xDnl94301,800
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 19:54
    Would've bought GTA4+DLCs for cheaper (have it on PC but runs like crap), don't think I'm willing to spend like 15€ for a 2008 game.

2,50€ for Conviction looks good enough to try the series though. I would buy Double Agent but heard the 360 version is different (and worse) than the Xbox one.
  • V1p3rs biteV1p3rs bite343,652
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 21:16
    Okay guys, just be ready; this will be the last Rockstar sale...I FINALLY bought RDR + Undead Nightmare collection. Hope it's as good as everyone boasts dance
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,832,285
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 21:21
    Got excited for the deals, looked at them and realized I owned everything I wanted on it... which were few because their games are so bland laugh No but seriously Rockstar games seem to always be on sale so either people aren't buying them or whoever is in charge of listing them forgot that they recently put them on sale not too long ago.
    Get Hype, Bring the Noise!
  • Angels Kill TooAngels Kill Too1,832,285
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 21:22
    V1p3rs bite said:Okay guys, just be ready; this will be the last Rockstar sale...I FINALLY bought RDR + Undead Nightmare collection. Hope it's as good as everyone boasts danceYay zombies... like that hasn't been done to death before....

It was okay but that card game dlc is buggy and there's a lot of connection issues.
    Get Hype, Bring the Noise!
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,603
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 22:07
    branstoneboy said:You know what, I might take this time to get into the Splinter Cell series.Shame there's no Blacklist, I've wanted that to go on sale for a long time.
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,669,878
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 22:07
    creptor5291 said:Grand Theft Auto IV - 75% off - Now US$2.49 / £1.68 / €2.37 / AU$2.48 (67% off for Silver members)
    Not true^
    In the US it is $4.99 with gold
    This is fixed here and on the Sales Hub now. Thanks.
  • KillipoKillipo398,181
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 22:15, Edited on 18 August 15 at 22:23 by Killipo
    I try to pop in and say this every time there's an R* sale:

The Ballad of Gay Tony and Red Dead Redemption are both absolutely worth it. GTAIV: TLaD and RDR: Undead Nightmare are also great, but you definitely won't go wrong with the other two at minimum.

Also, a note to anyone who played through RDR once, a surprising amount of people didn't realize that RDR has a false* ending and a 'true' ending. It's not as dumb advice as it sounds, as I've had to point it out to multiple people. If you've gotten the true ending, you should know it. It's just a matter of noticing that a mission showed up, and not quitting earlier thinking it's all over.

*Edit: Well, more of what felt like an ending.
  • Posted on 18 August 15 at 22:33
    I'm sick of seeing the "sale" for GTAV for the One. Its still $60! Its just a way for them to push their shark cards. I sure hope that no one is buying them.
  • Posted on 18 August 15 at 22:55
    Very nice !!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.