The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 18th, 2015

• HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,297
    Posted on 18 August 15 at 23:05, Edited on 18 August 15 at 23:18 by HolyHalfDead
    Rockstar Games always show the other publishers how a sale should be done. 75% off, including DLC - sales don't get much better than that. It's a pretty good showing from Ubisoft on the Tom Clancy games, if only they had included the DLC.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 50% off clap yeah, nice try Activision, but you haven't got a clue what a sale is.

So what other deals have I got for you this week...

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition 17% off
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements)
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements)
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off
    Battle Fantasia 85% off
    Guilty Gear 2: Overture 75% off
    BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger 85% off
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus 75% off

Recent Price Drops/Unannounced Sales (not all regions)
    FIFA 14 60% off
    Kinect Sports Rivals 25% off
    Evolve 33% off and Digital Deluxe 29% off
    - Jack 67% off
    NCAA Football 14 33% off
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Xbox 360) 33% off
    FIFA 14 (Xbox 360) 50% off
    NHL 14 33% off

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 18 August 15 at 23:15
    I don't think I've ever seen a time when San Andreas wasn't $3.74. I think it even released at that price.
  • Ultra SevenUltra Seven620,902
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 00:24
    MC PHILABUSTA said:I don't want to pay 15 for last light dlc :(Considering that I bought a new cellopane-wrapped Metro Redux at Wal-Mart the other night which contains both games with ALL DLC... for $19.99.
  • matdanmatdan862,972
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 01:12
    I know it is repeat sales but I guess I will bite, just wish that they would put some DLC on sale for Future Soldier, Conviction, Modern Warfare 3 and W@W. Typical half-assed Microsoft sale really.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Phoenix BLKPhoenix BLK356,887
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 01:37, Edited on 19 August 15 at 01:44 by Phoenix BLK
    Are you sure those prices for the Tom Clancy games are correct? If so, then it's the first time that I've ever seen AU games cheaper than US. There's a few things for 1 cent cheaper in AU prices but it should be more, once converted over.
    It's been emotional
  • Nierly CrazyNierly Crazy1,003,467
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 02:26
    matdan12 said:I know it is repeat sales but I guess I will bite, just wish that they would put some DLC on sale for Future Soldier, Conviction, Modern Warfare 3 and W@W. Typical half-assed Microsoft sale really.Why do you make it sound like Microsoft controls the sale prices?
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 02:26
    And another week where I get to complain about the serious lack of DLC sales. Not going to spend more for DLC than I did for the full game.
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 04:54
    First time dungeon defenders dlc have been on sale may just have to get them, good thing I still have bing rewards lol
  • matdanmatdan862,972
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 05:30
    CRZYSPZ said:matdan12 said:I know it is repeat sales but I guess I will bite, just wish that they would put some DLC on sale for Future Soldier, Conviction, Modern Warfare 3 and W@W. Typical half-assed Microsoft sale really.Why do you make it sound like Microsoft controls the sale prices?Because they do.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 05:42, Edited on 19 August 15 at 05:42 by xPut Name Herex
    matdan12 said:CRZYSPZ said:matdan12 said:I know it is repeat sales but I guess I will bite, just wish that they would put some DLC on sale for Future Soldier, Conviction, Modern Warfare 3 and W@W. Typical half-assed Microsoft sale really.Why do you make it sound like Microsoft controls the sale prices?Because they do.They don't, actually. Microsoft can go out and talk with publishers about future sales and making arrangements, but per US law, the marketplace provider (Microsoft, Steam, Apple, Google, Amazon, etc.) cannot set the price of any digital item on a marketplace. That is entirely the purview of the publisher of the item. If the marketplace holder was to adjust the prices unilaterally, they would run afoul of anti-trust laws.
  • Living LegendsLiving Legends1,118,387
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 05:59
    xPut Name Herex said:Sweet, a GTA IV DLC sale! I've been waiting for that!

No, seriously, I just need to pick up The Ballad of Gay Tony and I was waiting for it.

No one is going to believe me cry
    I re-bought the game piece by piece for when I decided to triple box the Wanted achievement. Bought main game, then ballad of gay tony then lost and the damned. Like BLP, I still have yet to get bully and I have been waiting for RDR to go on sale
    Praise the sun!!!
  • GiinceeGiincee733,913
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 09:21
    Doodle Jump for me clap
    And maybe I'll pick up the Dungeon Defender DLC's.
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 10:00
    TOM CULANCY
    S. A. W. F. T. SAWWWWWWFT
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,151,288
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 10:44
    Nope.
  • EssCee UKEssCee UK537,424
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 12:51, Edited on 19 August 15 at 13:53 by EssCee UK
    I'd like to see all the Borderlands 2 DLC on sale - not just the ones included in the Season Pass.
  • Posted on 19 August 15 at 13:07
    I'm tempted to grab RDR digitally ready for when it inevitably comes on BC.
  • BAD T0ASTBAD T0AST1,422,327
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 14:34
    Dear lord, EndWar has 21 unobtainable achievements. How do you justify putting an item on sale that has that much stuff missing? Can't the devs patch out those achievements or make them obtainable another way. Ugh.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead783,297
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 19:51, Edited on 19 August 15 at 19:54 by HolyHalfDead
    BAD T0AST said:Dear lord, EndWar has 21 unobtainable achievements. How do you justify putting an item on sale that has that much stuff missing? Can't the devs patch out those achievements or make them obtainable another way. Ugh.1 Unobtainable (there's no excuse for not fixing that one soon after the game was released) + 16 Discontinued and 4 Discontinued in the Escalation Expansion Pack. This game should get a permanent 75% discount. It better not be GwG ever!!
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath591,506
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 20:00
    Great another rockstar sale. shock
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,570,103
    Posted on 19 August 15 at 20:04
    HolyHa1fDead said:BAD T0AST said:Dear lord, EndWar has 21 unobtainable achievements. How do you justify putting an item on sale that has that much stuff missing? Can't the devs patch out those achievements or make them obtainable another way. Ugh.1 Unobtainable (there's no excuse for not fixing that one soon after the game was released) + 16 Discontinued and 4 Discontinued in the Escalation Expansion Pack. This game should get a permanent 75% discount. It better not be GwG ever!!The thing is, that one unobtainable was actually obtainable at release (at least, all signs point to it). The issue was that, in order for get the achievement, you had to basically be a member of the faction that won the online Theater of War for each of the three factions (was a fun feature, for what it is worth), and the first war went on for something like 4 months because no one side could topple the other. At that point, winning the war meant holding 30 territories and all three capitals (I believe). While it worked for the campaign, it was clearly too much for the online ToW, and the requirements were adjusted to 27 territories OR two capitals. It's in that transition that the achievement likely became defunct, because although it was looking for the ToW victory condition, it was likely searching for the old conditions somewhere in its coding instead of just the "Victory!" screen. By the time each of the three factions finally won their own war (which itself took almost a year because the Russian faction kept winning, iirc), the studio had already moved on to finishing Beyond Good and Evil HD and beginning Far Cry 3, and this game was already on discount racks.

It's definitely an interesting story, to be sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads