XBL Sale Roundup: June 24th, 2014

• zoidberg1339zoidberg1339493,551
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:00
    Nothing for me.

The Cave is a good buy at 7.50 though.
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:06
    HolyHa1fDead said:
    Rusty Nail zh said:
    Does microsoft roll dices to get the exchange rate they apply??
    Every country gets the same discount in XBL sales.

MarcFisher58 said:
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 50.00% off - Now US$14.99 / £22.49 / €32.49 / AU$49.97

I don't want to be that guy, but $14.99 is £8.83, not £22.49. UK being completely diddled by Microsoft. I'd pick it up in a second for £8.83
    Swinny Costello said:
    LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - 50.00% off - Now US$14.99 / £22.49 / €32.49 / AU$49.97

What the hell?

To make it clearer to anybody, under current conversion this amazing 'special' would be $46.85 in USD. What a crock of shit.

I know we're not the only ones that get screwed in game prices, but this is getting ridiculous.
    Don't torture yourself about what things cost in other countries. You don't pay for cars in US dollars, so why should games be any different? LEGO Marvel is a $75 game in Australia, so $25 off retail price is a good discount.

It is human nature to consider how worse off you are and not how much better off you are. LEGO Marvel costs $100 ($92AUD) in New Zealand, but people don't think how lucky we are that we don't get screwed as much as somewhere else.
    So you're saying that we just sit here and willingly get sodomised by companies for DIGITAL downloads, and not make a peep about it? Adobe was recently taken to court in Australia for the same thing, so why can't we complain?

I know Australia/Europe/NZ are never going to have it as good as the US, but claiming that $50 is 50% off for what you claim is a '$75 game' is ludicrous.
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:25
    Lord Namlig said:
    What's the verdict on Fable Heroes and Alpha Protocol?
    The verdict on Alpha Protocol is that your either going to love it or hate I for one fall into the love it category and would recommend it to everyone who hasn't given it a go but you should be aware that it is an RPG with shooter elements not a shooter with RPG elements meaning without investing in gun skills your shooting will seriously suck.
  • DomeJohnnyDomeJohnny347,949
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:30
    Lego Harry Potter & Lego LOTR for me...
  • matdanmatdan796,372
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:31
    Swinny Costello said:
    So you're saying that we just sit here and willingly get sodomised by companies for DIGITAL downloads, and not make a peep about it? Adobe was recently taken to court in Australia for the same thing, so why can't we complain?

I know Australia/Europe/NZ are never going to have it as good as the US, but claiming that $50 is 50% off for what you claim is a '$75 game' is ludicrous.
    Exactly this. Just look at arcade prices they are now more expensive here in AU probably in NZ and EU as well. They used to be even. If Steam can do it then there is no excuse.
  • G0DLY 5NiPeRG0DLY 5NiPeR464,814
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 02:42
    Leaning towards Fable 2 and Alpha Protocol at those low prices, now to delete some things on my hard drive.. facepalm
  • CPCrookedManCPCrookedMan712,695
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 03:04
    Glad I ended up going to Gamestop for Ryse. Obtained it (essentially) for free with trade-ins. This "discount" is abhorrent.
    "Can't a man even aspire to an orgasm without getting shot at these days?"
  • XwolfanXXwolfanX710,393
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 03:15
    all lego games are shitttt
    XwolfanX
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 June 14 at 03:38
    XwolfanX said:
    all lego games are shitttt
    That's a pretty crappy opinion.
    Who cares about ratio? No one can see it without TA lmao.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,280
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 04:33
    Viking: Battle For Asgard isn't even on the marketplace in Canada :(
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 05:12
    I'm tempted by CONDEMNED, ANARCHY REIGNS and VANQUISH... can you tell me if they are worth it???
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 05:56
    hERetIXxx said:
    I'm tempted by CONDEMNED, ANARCHY REIGNS and VANQUISH... can you tell me if they are worth it???
    Condemned is an excellent, atmospheric, suspenseful and enjoyable game. Remember, however, that it came it out in 2005, so don't expect too much on the graphical front at this point.
  • TressilationTressilation1,065,109
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 06:08
    Shinnizle said:
    Viking: Battle For Asgard isn't even on the marketplace in Canada :(
    Hmm. Interesting. I didn't even notice that initially myself when looking at the sales on my dash. At least the game is 4.99 used at EB and just as cheap in other shops as well :)
  • AncientTidesAncientTides239,132
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 09:15
    Might pick up Fable Heroes, maybe Vanquish as well but I can probably get it cheaper on disc, and could do with saving the HDD space it would take up.
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 11:48
    Crimson Drifter said:
    hm thought Fable Heroes was Kinect for some reason, guess I'll pick that up at least. May get AP, but that about it.
    You are thinking of Fable, the Journey. There are just too many spinoffs to keep them all strait in your mind, and more are on the way...
    Your financial solution
  • PrezesmaksPrezesmaks200,359
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 11:56
    Whats the price of Ryse Season Pass in the UK? £7,50. Thanks
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 12:08
    BionicTriforce said:
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    Can anyone recommend Anarchy Reigns it looks like a spiritual successor to Mad World for the Wii, the price is nice but I already have 2 full hard drives and space is limited on my 3rd
    It is the same company and it's actually sort of a sequel as Jack from Mad World is one of the main characters. Bayonetta is also a cheap DLC character which is pretty cool. Fun game. But, seriously, delete some space on your HDs. If you've beaten a game all the way, why bother keeping the game installed?
    Don't have unlimited internet where I'm at in Canada and I leave stuff on the hdd so the gf or buddies can play what they choose when I'm at work too much effort to delete something then have to redownload, conclusion I'm lazy :)
    sugar is sweet lemons are sour spread your legs and feel my power :D
  • RedDeadKBIIRedDeadKBII388,071
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 12:39
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:
    I personally quite enjoyed Alpha Protocol. More people should give it a chance.
    I've heard it's quite enjoyable so long as you ignore all the glitches that plague the game.
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 12:53
    For anyone who hasn't played Vanquish, it's a great game at a great price!
    Self-reliance is the key to true freedom.
  • DaeryoonDaeryoon469,176
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 13:14
    Lots of good XBLA for sale. Several have easy completions and GS.
    I am what I am, and that's all that I am, an XBLA completion addict.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.