The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: June 24th, 2014

• Cobalt RobotCobalt Robot267,992
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 13:56
    hERetIXxx said:
    I'm tempted by CONDEMNED, ANARCHY REIGNS and VANQUISH... can you tell me if they are worth it???
    Condemned was really good back in '05. The graphics haven't aged well, but it's still a seriously fun game.

Vanquish is AMAZING. It's like Gears of War in a turbo-powered robot suit with a lot more freedom of movement and fluidity. Even if you don't like Gears, I'd still recommend it.

Anarchy Reigns is a lot of fun multiplayer, but the single player is bland and repetitive. I'd say get it for this price, then find some people to play online with *coughmecough*.
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 14:25
    RedDeadKBII said:
    Fire Hawk GYJS said:
    I personally quite enjoyed Alpha Protocol. More people should give it a chance.
    I've heard it's quite enjoyable so long as you ignore all the glitches that plague the game.
    I gave it a go years ago, but I just could not get into it. Personally, I didn't see anything all that great about it roll - it wasn't bad, just not that good either...

But that is just me - glad other people found something redeemable in it.
    Fully loaded, safety off. This here is a recipe for unpleasantness.
  • ptracey1421ptracey1421343,800
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 18:12
    I posted on this when it was a new story and now my post is gone. I'm just curious what happened? I asked about Fable Heroes and that was all, why did my post get deleted? It was the 3rd post, right below someone asking if the Ryse price tag was correct. shock
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 18:39
    Only game I wanted (Viking) not available in my region. well done MS, master trolling. sob!
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce1,285,056
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 19:12
    ptracey1421 said:
    I posted on this when it was a new story and now my post is gone. I'm just curious what happened? I asked about Fable Heroes and that was all, why did my post get deleted? It was the 3rd post, right below someone asking if the Ryse price tag was correct. shock
    The original post must not have registered. Deleted posts look like the one I just did above this one, even if they get deleted by a mod.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 19:25
    I'm tempted to buy the Ryse season pass and I don't even own an X1 yet. I have issues...
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 June 14 at 19:37
    I would highly recommend Condemned Criminal Origins to anyone who likes suspense, story, crime, violence, and atmosphere.

Viking is a great semi-open world hack 'n' slash with some great exploration and fighting in it too.

How is Fable Anniversary? Compared to Fable 2 and 3?
    My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments.
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,364,551
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 20:20
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    I would highly recommend Condemned Criminal Origins to anyone who likes suspense, story, crime, violence, and atmosphere.

Viking is a great semi-open world hack 'n' slash with some great exploration and fighting in it too.

How is Fable Anniversary? Compared to Fable 2 and 3?
    Id say better then both as I personally found 3 crap 2 good and Anniversary which is just 1 and Lost Chapters great.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 June 14 at 20:52
    ^ Hmm I loved 3 much more than 2, so not sure.
    My reputation precedes me. Otherwise I'd be late for all my appointments.
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 21:07
    o DEEVIUS o said:
    ^ Hmm I loved 3 much more than 2, so not sure.
    Like I said just my opinion as a big Fable fan i did enjoy Anniversary. I only didnt like 3 as I wasnt a fan of the story but some of the features added that werent in 2 made up for it.
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper126,258
    Posted on 25 June 14 at 22:36
    Has the Games on Demand Fable Anniversary been on sale yet? I'm going to get it once it hits 50% off (19.99 or lower), and wondering if there have been smaller discounts since it was released.
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Posted on 25 June 14 at 23:56
    Just a heads up, Viking is available in the US only. That's too bad because I was going to give it a go.
  • Q u 4 lK eQ u 4 lK e790,508
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 00:59
    This post is contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • Posted on 26 June 14 at 03:06, Edited on 26 June 14 at 03:06 by XI AlphaMale IX
    z Q u 4 K 3 z said:MadDragon360 said:What is with the stingy Ryse sale... (the game, not the dlc) cryMaybe trying to get Crytek a few extra dollars since they are on the edge of bankruptcy?

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-18523-Crytek-On-th...

WELL IF ONLY THEY MADE A MOTHERFUCKING TIMESPLITTERS HD COLLECTION. PERIOD. NO REBUTTALS FROM ANYONE. DON'T EVEN TRY.
    Falcons suck! Go Panthers!
    /rebuttal
    I saw a girl crying while buying tampons. Must be going through a rough period in her life.
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 06:56
    FinderKeeper said:Has the Games on Demand Fable Anniversary been on sale yet? I'm going to get it once it hits 50% off (19.99 or lower), and wondering if there have been smaller discounts since it was released.I'm pretty sure you can find a disc version online depending on where you are cheap enough. I an find them for £15
  • FiatimFiatim739,328
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 10:09
    Wanted to pick up Alpha Protocol but it not availble in my region (Ireland). cry
    Murphy was an optimist. There is no idea that can't be ruined by a few well placed idiots.
  • Posted on 26 June 14 at 17:34
    Mike MUFC 1991 said:YES MICKEY MOUSE FINALLY ON SALE :D thats what i was exactly thinking time to pony up[ and buy it , that and payday 2
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Posted on 26 June 14 at 17:41
    Dang3R Gaming said:FinderKeeper said:Has the Games on Demand Fable Anniversary been on sale yet? I'm going to get it once it hits 50% off (19.99 or lower), and wondering if there have been smaller discounts since it was released.I'm pretty sure you can find a disc version online depending on where you are cheap enough. I an find them for £15 no it hasnt been on sale yet i wish it would i love playing fable . @danger the only hard copy prices i see are $35 cheapish
    $28 on amazon
    achievements its what's for dinner
  • Harvy75Harvy75110,974
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 20:32
    Vanquish + Viking !
    One of the Lost Ones
    Posted on 26 June 14 at 22:13
    lildevilbmxer said:Dang3R Gaming said:FinderKeeper said:Has the Games on Demand Fable Anniversary been on sale yet? I'm going to get it once it hits 50% off (19.99 or lower), and wondering if there have been smaller discounts since it was released.I'm pretty sure you can find a disc version online depending on where you are cheap enough. I an find them for £15 no it hasnt been on sale yet i wish it would i love playing fable . @danger the only hard copy prices i see are $35 cheapish
    $28 on amazon
    I did say around £15 which would make it at least around $25 i'd say
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.