The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 25th, 2015

• PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,397,738
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 16:23
    Sighris said:FailedSeppuku said:Looked at Badland achieves and there seems to be a bunch of unobtainablesIt's just a hard gameI highly recommend it though! Lots of fun! Unfortunately the coop is local only so that's why a lot of achievements haven't been earned yet. It's just tough to get two people playing local that are both willing to put in the time to earn achievements that are so difficult. Memories said he was going to try to solo the coop achievements with the elite controller when it comes in November. I might try the same.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 16:41
    Yay! Individual Gears 3 DLC! I already owned half of them from when the game was released and I didn't want to buy the season pass.
  • branstoneboybranstoneboy420,275
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 16:43
    Never Alone Arctic Collection is on sale as well I believe.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 16:44
    What a wonderful week for my wallet to be empty.

(/end sarcasm)

Ah, well, I assume that all of the ID@XBOX games I want to own that are on sale this week will be on sale again eventually. Just wait a few more months.
  • SaidaiKanpekiSaidaiKanpeki1,120,801
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 16:56
    I would have definitely picked up BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition if it had an online co-op feature.
    The Speed Runner [Completion > Ratio > Gamerscore]
  • ChknFingrsChknFingrs1,085,527
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 17:20
    vQuaza said:Where is the logic in the Australian pricing?
    If I buy Life is Strange Complete Season on Xbox One it costs $21.56.
    Whereas if I buy Episode One and the Season Pass separately it costs $21.53. I know it's only 0.03 but why do they do that facepalm
    In Canada, I can save $0.10 by buying all 5 episodes together on XB1, instead of buying Episode 1 and season pass for last 4 episodes.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 17:22
    MrMagicZero said:Oddworld: New 'n' Tastysmilecan't believe i skipped over it when reading the list :O thanks!
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • PinskiPinski827,639
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 17:35
    I highly recommend Stick it To The Man to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Very under rated game IMO. Easy completion (about 2-3 hours), fun platformer mechanics (you mind control people and use a sticky hand out of your head to jump around), and the dialog is hilarious. It's a steal at that price.
  • misfit119misfit1191,088,910
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 18:11
    Pinski47 said:I highly recommend Stick it To The Man to anyone who hasn't played it yet. Very under rated game IMO. Easy completion (about 2-3 hours), fun platformer mechanics (you mind control people and use a sticky hand out of your head to jump around), and the dialog is hilarious. It's a steal at that price.Booo, boo I say booooo. That game was boring and I actually muted the game after awhile to shut them up. Booo. Of course everyone can have an opinion and whatnot but I really didn't care for it.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • warm slurmwarm slurm967,017
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 18:16
    Anyone recommend The Escapists? Might pick that up, it looks interesting but not sure how good it is...
  • AckterAckter331,922
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 18:18
    Free Riegn said:Don't buy Ultratron! It has an unobtainable and they are not fixing it. They have dicked around and said they are releasing a patch for the past three months and did nothing (but they have the time to put it on sale).It's actually worse than that - they've come out and said they don't consider it to be anything more than a minor issue and have no intention of fixing it unless something gamebreaking comes up that requires a new patch.
    [19/05/2015 7:34:48 PM] Michaël (MC0REBE): ackter, you are awesome :D
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,917,584
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 18:26
    warm slurm said:Anyone recommend The Escapists? Might pick that up, it looks interesting but not sure how good it is...It's brilliant.

Stick it to the man, I'm joining the 'it's pretty bad' club.

Might get a few of these, even with unobtainables
  • SpilnerSpilner1,004,338
  • Nierly CrazyNierly Crazy883,036
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 18:47
    Picked up Life Is Strange (Episodes 1-5), Ziggurat, Ultratron, and Stick It to the Man.
    Also purchased Gear of War: UE, Mega Man Legacy Collection, and Dishonored: DE this week as well.
    My library just got a nice bump in titles.:)
  • mkdfanmkdfan899,457
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 19:00
    Picked up Stick it to the Man, played for about 30mins, enjoying it so far.
    Am I an idiot for wanting New n Tasty to be cheaper before I buy it? Still feel like £10 is too much.
  • Oriole2682Oriole26823,848,999
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 19:09
    No you're not, im also going to wait you know its going to be at least 50% off at some point
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,330
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 20:01
    Life is Strange is a no-brainer after all I've heard. I'll pass on the rest.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 20:20
    The question is, will Don't Starve: Giant Edition be 4 player co-op? Like on PC?
  • MC PHILABUSTAMC PHILABUSTA1,631,887
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 20:22
    My thing is everyone should stop buying on these shitty 20% off sales they are just trying to squeeze more money out before they get reduced 50% or more , for example the shitty life us strange season pass deal .I can almost guarantee it will drop by Christmas .
  • PlayUltimate711PlayUltimate7111,397,738
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 20:44
    MC PHILABUSTA said:My thing is everyone should stop buying on these shitty 20% off sales they are just trying to squeeze more money out before they get reduced 50% or more , for example the shitty life us strange season pass deal .I can almost guarantee it will drop by Christmas .Some of us are happy to pay the premium for the luxury of being able to play it earlier. It's simply a question of how much does the 30% mean to you. I'd rather pay the extra and play it, so I think even 20% off is a great deal.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.