The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: August 25th, 2015

• Posted on 25 August 15 at 21:07
    I nab me Life Is Strange this week iv'e been eagerly waiting for this game to go on sale.
  • xMachammerxxMachammerx861,335
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 22:43
    Grabbed Stick it to the Man & Ziggurat. Grabbing the new Goat Sim as well as Gears Ultimate Ed. (retail) tomorrow. Not even the holiday season yet and I have too much to play.
  • Posted on 25 August 15 at 23:17
    Probably gonna get Life is Strange for the 360. Though I do wish the Season Pass was more than 20% off.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 25 August 15 at 23:39
    Might pick up episode one of Life is Strange. $16 is still a little much to spend on something I'm still not sure about. And with Broken Sword 5 and Back to the Future coming out, and Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands still in my backlog I'm hesitant to buy *more* adventure games.

...I honestly never thought I'd have too many adventure games on the Xbox to play.
  • SpilnerSpilner1,004,338
    Posted on 25 August 15 at 23:41
    zoidberg1339 said:Might pick up episode one of Life is Strange. $16 is still a little much to spend on something I'm still not sure about. And with Broken Sword 5 and Back to the Future coming out, and Game of Thrones and Tales From the Borderlands still in my backlog I'm hesitant to buy *more* adventure games.

...I honestly never thought I'd have too many adventure games on the Xbox to play.
    Its unlike all the Telltale games, its far superior. Hell of a story too.
  • Posted on 26 August 15 at 00:16
    Seriously!? Of all the DLC out there that has never been on sale they toss out Gears 3 DLC? This is getting old fast. How about the DLC that is two or more years old just drop in price permanently? I don't need Games on Demand I need the DLC at a price that isn't more than the full game. Still feel dirty for paying $10 for Enslaved's DLC when I bought the full game, brand new for $8.
  • matdanmatdan810,447
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 01:14
    Those 360 sales are a new level of stale garbage, I know I saw them both at least twice already on sale in recent months.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • MrBubbles451MrBubbles451446,230
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 01:37
    Just noticed GTA 5 is also on sale on the One for $40.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead679,849
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 02:33, Edited on 26 August 15 at 03:24 by HolyHalfDead
    II7Mr Bubbles said:Just noticed GTA 5 is also on sale on the One for $40.It is showing as $59.99 for me.

Sensei Neo said:Hey can someone explain the DOA5 situation to me please?

When i click the link it shows the 'Core fighters pack'... not full game?

I can see it says achievements are unlockable in the demo but is this really true?

Thanks
    Core Fighters is the full game. You can get all the achievements in the Free (unlimited) Trial. The add-ons (including Leifang) will not work with the Free Trail.

CanadianWhizKid said:vQuaza said:Where is the logic in the Australian pricing?
    If I buy Life is Strange Complete Season on Xbox One it costs $21.56.
    Whereas if I buy Episode One and the Season Pass separately it costs $21.53. I know it's only 0.03 but why do they do that facepalm
    In Canada, I can save $0.10 by buying all 5 episodes together on XB1, instead of buying Episode 1 and season pass for last 4 episodes.
    US and Canada are how it should be. Mixed percentages are a tricky thing. If you discount an item in a bundle by 50% and another item by 20% it depends how much of the total cost the 50% off item makes up as to whether the bundle will be better value. If everything was 20% off, it would of course work out fine.

branstoneboy said:Never Alone Arctic Collection is on sale as well I believe. It is:
    Never Alone Arctic Collection (includes Foxtales) 20% off for a limited time (Gold Exclusive)

The other new deals for this week are:
    Forza Motorsport 6 1970 Dodge Charger R/T "Furious 7: Dom's Charger" FREE with Furious 7 (NA, UK, FR, DE, AU only)
    Zoo Tycoon 33% off (not all regions)
    Monopoly Family Fun Pack 33% off (not all regions)
    Madden NFL 25 60% off (not all regions)
    NASCAR '15 Paint Pack 1 & Paint Pack 2 $4.99 FREE (NA only)
    NCAA Football 14 33% off (not all regions)
    Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (Xbox 360) 33% off (not all regions)

Check HolyHa1fDead's Blog for all the other ongoing deals that started more than a week ago.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • ElyohElyoh998,005
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 05:36
    Glad I looked here, didn't notice Oddworld was on special and I have been waiting for it smile
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • lfcjohnlfcjohn1,380,625
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 06:04
    My pocket just burnt after pre-order Forza 6 and upcoming games below.

1. Roundabout
    2. Life is strange
    3. LA Cops
    4. The Swapper
    You'll never play alone
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo288,901
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 09:57
    Odd world for me... If I had an X1... cry
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • ukinsproukinspro1,382,938
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 10:31
    matdan12 said:Those 360 sales are a new level of stale garbage, I know I saw them both at least twice already on sale in recent months.Most impressive sale I've seen for a long time. Then I read your comment and realised the 360 part is total horseshit.

I'm not complaining as I only buy Xbox One titles now, but surely with the move to next gen, we should be seeing more and more 360 sale items, not less. Makes little sense.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,049,270
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 15:19
    Somehow completely overlooked Stick It for $3. I'll take that as well as Strange.
  • MrBubbles451MrBubbles451446,230
    Posted on 26 August 15 at 16:06
    This post contains unbalanced formatting tags and cannot be rendered at this time.
  • MaesenkoMaesenko320,082
    Posted on 27 August 15 at 07:15
    Is the Rally Expansion worth it for Forza Horizon (aside from achievements, of course) or can it be obtained in some other fashion (on disc, season pass, etc.)?
    "You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
  • EurydaceEurydace623,940
    Posted on 27 August 15 at 15:13
    Can't be obtained cheaper. It's been on sale like twice ever. Very worth it. Definitely buy.
  • Free RiegnFree Riegn663,701
    Posted on 28 August 15 at 01:44
    No one is really talking about Ziggurat... this is a great game that should be supported at that price guys :)
    Yeah Buddy!!!
  • matdanmatdan810,447
    Posted on 28 August 15 at 04:15
    Free Riegn said:No one is really talking about Ziggurat... this is a great game that should be supported at that price guys :)It could have something to it's very limited release, in only a few countries.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,422,659
    Posted on 28 August 15 at 04:49, Edited on 28 August 15 at 04:50 by Ahayzo
    Just the Life is Strange bundle and Ziggurat for me. After everything I've heard about Life, there's no way I could pass it up.

Free Riegn said:No one is really talking about Ziggurat... this is a great game that should be supported at that price guys :)Never even heard of it till now. From the gameplay on YouTube, it seems decent enough for $7.50, and you say it's great. If it's anything less, I'm coming for you!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.