Game Discussion: The Walking Dead: Season Two (Xbox 360) Forum

Game unplayable due to freezing

AuthorMessage
pezza888
pezza888
Posted on 30 August 15 at 22:46
So after about a year away from this game I decided go go back and play it, picking up where I left off in episode 3. Only issue is that the game keeps freezing. I was playing through when all of a sudden it froze, since my copy is digital the only way to get out was to turn on and off, when I rebooted the game had lost some of my progress, so I replayed a bit and then the game froze in a similar place. What is going on here? This is hardly the most demanding game to be freezing when you look at other more graphically intensive games which run fine on the 360. Any possible solutions?
DarkenedGrey
DarkenedGrey
Posted on 31 August 15 at 21:55
The most likely problem that you are having here, is that something it wrong with your save file. There is really no fix for this and the only thing that you can do it start a new game over, or the mission/chapter. Now, a second issue that could be causing this is that the download for the game is messed up somehow. So if this issue doesn't resolve itself and you decide to start a brand new game over, i would also recommend re-downloading the whole game again just in case. That way if you start a new game over it doesn't freeze anyway and you lost progress for no reason.

Others might have a different solution for this, but this is just what i'm recommending. Hope it all turns out for the best!
Nick Grey | "DarkenedGrey"
pezza888
pezza888
Posted on 01 September 15 at 15:31
Ahh well thankyou for your help DarkenedGrey , but I have finished the game now, so it's no longer a problem. I cleared my cache and booted the game up again once I got tired of the freezing and it only happened once more after that. Maybe that helped, or maybe chapter three is just very freeze heavy. I guess if anyone else has this problem they should try clearing the cache, I personally would hate to delete my save since I have both seasons and 400 days under my belt on that save.
DarkenedGrey
DarkenedGrey
Posted on 01 September 15 at 15:52
Glad to hear that what i said wasn't the case! Would have hated to lose a save like that as well. I'll keep the cache clearing solution in the back of my mind to recommend first next time so i don't send anyone down the wrong path! Don't want to be the reason for people deleting their saves headspin

Thanks for following up so i know! smile
Nick Grey | "DarkenedGrey"
pezza888
pezza888
Posted on 04 September 15 at 16:50
^haha no problem buddy thanks for trying anyway ;)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.