The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

XBL Sale Roundup: September 1st, 2015

• ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce791,571
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:27Permalink
    Those percentages for Deadpol and Spider-Man aren't right. They're both normally $29.99 and $17.99, and the sale is only a few bucks instead of 50% off.
  • KanchanaburiKanchanaburi1,151,421
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:27Permalink
    It's amazing the frequency the past Games with Gold games are going on sale.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead516,375
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:28, Edited on 02 September 15 at 03:54 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    ChewieOnIce said:In addition, The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt receives discounts for both Silver and Gold members.

Call of Duty: Ghosts - 60% 67% off - Now US$19.80 / £18.15 / €23.10 / AU$33.07 / ¥2281 (50% 60% off for Silver members)
    Even a normal sale is massive compared to the weekly sales just a few years ago - Deal of the Week: August 30th, 2011. The NewsHounds and SAP Team had an easy time of it back then Chewie wink

If you like AC but haven't played Liberation, then at 75% off that would be my pick this week. Witcher 2 is also a steal at 85% off.

Other current deals
    Forza Motorsport 6 1970 Dodge Charger R/T "Furious 7: Dom's Charger" FREE with Furious 7 until 21st September 2015 (NA, UK, FR, DE, AU only)
    Never Alone Arctic Collection (includes Foxtales) 20% off for a limited time (Gold Exclusive)
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Premium Edition 17% off for a limited time
    Killer Instinct Complete Collection 25% off for a limited time
    Outlast Bundle of Terror (includes Whistleblower for Outlast) 14% off for a limited time
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round 50% off for a limited time
    - Character: Leifang FREE for a limited time
    Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series
    - The Complete First Season (Episodes 1-6) 17% off for a limited time
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-6) 20% off (has achievements) for a limited time
    Tales from the Borderlands
    - Complete Season (Episodes 1-5) 20% off for a limited time
    - Season Pass (Episodes 2-5) 25% off (has achievements) for a limited time
    The Walking Dead Season 1 and Season 2 Bundle 10% off for a limited time

Recent price drops (not all regions)
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition 20% off
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor 25% off
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (Xbox 360) 33% off
    NASCAR '15 Paint Pack 1, Paint Pack 2 & Paint Pack 3 $4.99 FREE in NA

Taken from HolyHa1fDead's Blog

BionicTriforce said:Those percentages for Deadpol and Spider-Man aren't right. They're both normally $29.99 and $17.99, and the sale is only a few bucks instead of 50% off.No, those are the XBL Free sale prices, they are normally $49.99 and $29.99.

Kanchanaburi said:It's amazing the frequency the past Games with Gold games are going on sale.If it was a XBL Free sale, it would make some sense as those are the people that might not have got it as a free GwG, but making them a XBL Gold exclusive sale is just dumb. The only thing I can think of, is if your Gold was about to run out and you were not planning on renewing and you want to keep an Xbox One GwG (that's a lot of ands).
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:31Permalink
    Tempted on AC Rogue, but the trifecta of Bean Dive recovery, backlog, and Cashback Challenge are convincing me to hold off until it's next sale, or maybe even wait out for Games with Gold (seems likely with AC II and AC IV having been GwG).
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce791,571
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:36, Edited on 01 September 15 at 19:37 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    BionicTriforce said:Those percentages for Deadpol and Spider-Man aren't right. They're both normally $29.99 and $17.99, and the sale is only a few bucks instead of 50% off.Yeh as Holy said, those are the Silver sale prices. On the 360 marketplace, when there's a Silver sale they reduce the base price itself and when there's a Gold sale they add it as a separate price. When there's both you're looking at two sale prices.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,436
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 19:53Permalink
    I'm kind of scared to pick up Rayman: Origins since last month's sales became this month's Games With Gold. It's only $5 though, oh well. I wanted to play it when it came out and never got around to picking it up.
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:00Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:BionicTriforce said:Those percentages for Deadpol and Spider-Man aren't right. They're both normally $29.99 and $17.99, and the sale is only a few bucks instead of 50% off.Yeh as Holy said, those are the Silver sale prices. On the 360 marketplace, when there's a Silver sale they reduce the base price itself and when there's a Gold sale they add it as a separate price. When there's both you're looking at two sale prices.Oh, wow, that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:14Permalink
    I'll check out The Deer God, been playing quite a few platformers lately. Hopefully this one is pretty good.
    Hotter than Abba in Nevada sun, in a real small car, with the windows rolled up. OH!
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:17Permalink
    Only things I'm tempted by are the cheap Rayman and maybe that Nova game if I see some reviews of it.
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:23Permalink
    I thought Deadpool was removed from the XBL store? Didn't Activision lose all the Marvel licenses a while ago?
    #1 Resident Evil Fan.
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE483,512
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:26Permalink
    Dark Death 90 said:I thought Deadpool was removed from the XBL store? Didn't Activision lose all the Marvel licenses a while ago?They came to some agreement with Deadpool - Steam version re-appeared last month, and it's getting re-compiled for bOne/PS4 in November apparently
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead516,375
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:32, Edited on 01 September 15 at 20:32 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    WestsideSxE said:Dark Death 90 said:I thought Deadpool was removed from the XBL store? Didn't Activision lose all the Marvel licenses a while ago?They came to some agreement with Deadpool - Steam version re-appeared last month, and it's getting re-compiled for bOne/PS4 in November apparentlyAny sort of promotion before 12th February 2016 can't be bad.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • WickedDeathWickedDeath483,585
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:44Permalink
    garbage sale. Same ole same ole again and again.

Oh and anyone wanting a copy of COD Ghosts......save your money and go to Toys R' Us, I was there 2 days ago and they have it on sale for $9.99....they must have a truck load of them sitting in the back room.
  • AhayzoAhayzo683,737
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:46Permalink
    I've been waiting specifically for Witcher 3, time to buy.
  • Posted on 01 September 15 at 20:49Permalink
    Sweet, now I can get the Black Flag dlc.
  • IKV91IKV911,471,227
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 21:30Permalink
    Anyone else that think the games that go on sale should have the games dlc:s go on sale for the same % as the base game? I'm tired of old mp dlc:s costing more than the actual gameangry
    Brynjolf
  • LyzyrdLyzyrd860,123
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 21:35Permalink
    Man, I really want Witcher 3, but I don't know when I will have the time to play it. What are the odds that it will be back on sale before the end of the year? Holiday sale, maybe?
  • wildwest08wildwest08798,062
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 21:53Permalink
    I have been waiting on Deadpool and Assasins Creed Rogue and both are way overpriced still. Deadpool is 2 years old and Rogue is almost a year
  • skylinesendskylinesend439,212
    Posted on 01 September 15 at 22:02Permalink
    Raving Rabbids has a few unobtainables.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.