Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DmC: Devil May Cry Extended Gameplay Footage

  • K0B1U5K0B1U5309,224
    Posted on 04 December 11 at 13:06Permalink
    Having never played any previous DMC games, I think this looks pretty good! Definitely a welcomed change of pace from the most of the recent releases.
    “A man chooses, a slave obeys.”
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 04 December 11 at 13:33Permalink
    Looks like I'll enjoy the gameplay.. but Dante changes still piss me off, and it seems like he's lost his attitude, eg funny cutscenes where he doing all this mad crazy fighting with demons, and they don't look that great this time round.. hell I preferred the flying bird things from DMC2 compared to these... from what they look like.. early versions of the puppets from DMC1?
  • Sherman91587Sherman91587410,552
    Posted on 04 December 11 at 13:43Permalink
    Is it just me or do you think Dante should have been yelling "Get Over Here" through that whole fight. Haha

    Also don't know what Heavenly Sword was like but Ninja Theory must really like having chics guide you through games. Being under the control by the chick in Enslaved and then this spirit chic that you see in the video here.
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 14:18Permalink
    i dunno, i guess he looks a lil less douchy, but still.....ahhhhh.....
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 14:23Permalink
    I am so getting this game sure i don't agree with the way he looks but a TRUE DEVIL MAY CRY FAN won't let that stop them from getting it & just by this gameplay it looks Fucking sweet
    Rick
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 04 December 11 at 14:29Permalink
    Amazing. Even in that short period of time I got a connection with the characters. They both seem so human. Love Ninja Theory! clap

    Too bad DMC itself doesnt really interest me. I played both Heavenly Sword (best story experience, evar) and Enslaved, but am seriously in doubt about this one.

    Never played the other DMC games, thats the main problem. Once I start a series, I have to play all the corresponding games, in order of release...
    EAT! SHIELD!
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 15:15Permalink
    I liked playing Nero better so the hook thing they've got going on is good. Dante looks fast. As long as this is early in the game and it's not too angsty, I'm totally up for this.
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 15:29Permalink
    fakethief said:
    liddd said:
    why does dante look like justin bieber
    Because apparently western audience didn't like old Dante (according to Tameem Antoniades) and they decided to make 'this great game' (sarcasm) for western audience.

    mr matty uk said:
    The enemies look terrible. Sorry but they just do.
    After spending 300 hours playing Dmc 4 I might be a bit washed but this looks like a step down from 4 rather than step up.
    Agreed fully and wow did you really spend 300 hours playing DMC4? I only got about 60 done.
    Wow, really? They thought that we didn't like the look? Original Dante was one of the few badass looking video game characters who was actually badass! Did they just have an open poll on their website and decide this or something, or did they just listen to their overlords money givers? facepalm
    Gameplay wise, it looks ok, but it really doesn't feel like Dante at all. I think I'll have fun with the HD and then go to this when it's around $20.
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 15:40Permalink
    in all honesty i think this game will fail on quite a big scale because i see no reason (and i dont think im alone here)in why they decided to do a reimagining of the game,the franchise was not dying or in need of a reboot all they needed was a new sequal.Dante's new look just a no the old dante looks badass this one just looks like some emo kid with a long coat.
  • Removed Gamer

    Removed Gamer

    Posted on 04 December 11 at 15:41Permalink
    Honestly, I think he looks like a bad ass now, it looks like they trimmed the sides on his hair down from the screenshot unless it grows later on in the game, as this is obviously quite early on as he hasn't seen the world changing around him before.

    With or without the kids who don't like his hair, this game will still sell a shit load. It's hard to believe some people aren't buying it because of his hair, how retarded is that, honestly. You don't buy a game for that shit, you buy it for how it plays. Yes, it may be breaking every other Devil May Cry game, but do you seriously stare at Dante's hair when you're doing a massive ass combo? If you do, then you need to get out more, or maybe find a girlfriend/boyfriend, whatever floats your boat.
    "Wow! Check out that guy! He makes Speedy Gonzales look like regular Gonzales."
  • fakethieffakethief43,658
    Posted on 04 December 11 at 16:11, Edited on 04 December 11 at 16:29 by fakethiefPermalink
    joethepot said:
    in all honesty i think this game will fail on quite a big scale because i see no reason (and i dont think im alone here)in why they decided to do a reimagining of the game,the franchise was not dying or in need of a reboot all they needed was a new sequal.Dante's new look just a no the old dante looks badass this one just looks like some emo kid with a long coat.
    It will fail that's the truth and yes DMC DOESN'T need reebot because there are soo many questions still to be answered but as a DMC fan I'm obligated to play it (only when it gets cheaper. I won't pay god knows how much for this game). But then again I don't think I will be in need of playing this DmC even after a year it comes out since HD remakes of DMC1,2 and 3 are coming and even if it's £100 I would happily pay that much just to play two of the best slasher games (DMC2 was actually bad but better than this, seriously) of the decade.Say whatever you want everyone, yes I'm a hater of this game but it's just my opinion and I wonder if Vergil is in it.

    Quantum Resolve said:
    Honestly, I think he looks like a bad ass now, it looks like they trimmed the sides on his hair down from the screenshot unless it grows later on in the game, as this is obviously quite early on as he hasn't seen the world changing around him before.

    With or without the kids who don't like his hair, this game will still sell a shit load. It's hard to believe some people aren't buying it because of his hair, how retarded is that, honestly. You don't buy a game for that shit, you buy it for how it plays. Yes, it may be breaking every other Devil May Cry game, but do you seriously stare at Dante's hair when you're doing a massive ass combo? If you do, then you need to get out more, or maybe find a girlfriend/boyfriend, whatever floats your boat.
    It's not just his hair. I don't actually care, they can be even pink, it's his personality. Old Dante was cocky, funny, didn't know what is gravity, didn't smoke, had awesome twin bro, he wasn't scared even of the biggest demons,he was just badass and what it's this Dante. So far from what I've seen since the reveal trailer some kind of emo psycho who smokes. DMC2 was pretty similar. It has the same white haired Dante but he was serious. He had completely different personality and that's one of the reasons why the game was received badly.
  • Kyuubi AlphaKyuubi Alpha929,843
    Posted on 04 December 11 at 16:35Permalink
    Dante with a union jack on his arm. Thats just epic but the game looks good really enjoyed enslaved and i think they will be DMC proud
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 17:25, Edited on 04 December 11 at 17:38 by Flailing MagePermalink
    Oh wow, it looks nice. A game has never looked nice AND been shit before. But really it just looks like a gimmic (because it is) so it can sell nicely. If you want a game that looks nice and whose gameplay isn't quite Bayonetta thats great, more power too you. But us Devil May Cry fans will be sobbing in the corner over here. Ssspoiler: Thats not even Dante (its a clone).

    And why does Dante sound like a bitch? He sounds like a emo, angsty kid. The "old" Dante even in DMC3 where they could've easily made him a depressed, angsty kid he STILL sounded like he was having fun.

    This game is going to be stupid and anyone who likes it is stupid.

    Oh and if anyone's thinking "but I want to play a Devil May Cry game. snarf snarf". Get the HD remakes. They will be a thousand times better and probably cheaper than this piece of angst reboot.
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 17:44Permalink
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Cue the "OMG HIZ HARE IZ DIFFERENT COLER, ITZ GUNNA SUK" people
    Yep, I knew it.
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 17:47Permalink
    I like the change to the new look. He looks less like a druggy
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 19:04Permalink
    looks like a good gameplay but ive been meaning to play dmc4 so i'll most definately hit that up before hand...
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 19:34Permalink
    Flailing Mage said:
    Oh wow, it looks nice. A game has never looked nice AND been shit before. But really it just looks like a gimmic (because it is) so it can sell nicely. If you want a game that looks nice and whose gameplay isn't quite Bayonetta thats great, more power too you. But us Devil May Cry fans will be sobbing in the corner over here. Ssspoiler: Thats not even Dante (its a clone).

    And why does Dante sound like a bitch? He sounds like a emo, angsty kid. The "old" Dante even in DMC3 where they could've easily made him a depressed, angsty kid he STILL sounded like he was having fun.

    This game is going to be stupid and anyone who likes it is stupid.

    Oh and if anyone's thinking "but I want to play a Devil May Cry game. snarf snarf". Get the HD remakes. They will be a thousand times better and probably cheaper than this piece of angst reboot.
    lol thats amazing I was getting the feeling Dante was going to bust out in a High School Musical he looks and sounds like Zach Efron
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 20:30Permalink
    Gameplay looks amazing. I love all these so-called "True Devil May Cry fans" that aren't even following to the games name. Who cares if it's by another company. Rent the game at least and quit your bitching. If you don't like it, then stop clicking the link to the threads. Simple as that. Your day will be so much simpler.
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 20:38Permalink
    Thank you, I have found a new DmC video to dislike on youtube.
    SGE [X] Savage Kantus [ ] Mechanic Baird [ ] Let's make a deal?
  • Posted on 04 December 11 at 20:39Permalink
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    Cue the "OMG HIZ HARE IZ DIFFERENT COLER, ITZ GUNNA SUK" people
    Yep, I knew it.
    Of course. Don't you know that Devil May Cry is not about the gameplay? It's about how sexually attracted you can be to a guy who "smart talks" and has sexxxy white hair.

    Also we should have also expected the people who have used their time machines to already play this game and reported it as a failure and how much it sucks.
    Real-time...weapon change?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.