Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

DmC: Devil May Cry Extended Gameplay Footage

• Posted on 05 December 11 at 08:32Permalink
    Yea where are the taunts where hes doing his arieals wheres the cockyness and the badass side of dante......Dante is one of my more favorite video game characters i really hope they dont fuck it up by trying to make it more "westernized........."
    Gamma Phi Gamma 1183
  • Posted on 05 December 11 at 10:16Permalink
    Bieber May Cry...
    Sorry, but I still don't care for this game.
  • Posted on 05 December 11 at 10:52Permalink
    loving it
    http://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?mpid=44788 Read please :3
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 December 11 at 11:02Permalink
    liddd said:
    why does dante look like justin bieber
    WTF dude? The new Dante looks badass! Love the old one but the new one is not bad....
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 December 11 at 11:03Permalink
    Valerius SFE said:
    Bieber May Cry...
    Sorry, but I still don't care for this game.
    WTF is up with all the people comparing Dante to some bieber shit....
    seriously people its a fucking reboot so deal with it!
  • nescedralnescedral124,196
    Posted on 05 December 11 at 15:34Permalink
    I like how these changes are building discussion and polarizing opinions about this game. I suspect that's the point. Ninja Theory is obviously conscious of the classic Dante (just look at that first screenshot) and are teasing us with not serving it straight up.

Like others here, what worries me more is Ninja Theory's track record. Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were charged with creative vision but held back by unpolished engines and repetitive gameplay.
  • D4rthD4nteD4rthD4nte279,890
    Posted on 05 December 11 at 15:58Permalink
    It didn't look all that great, I'm still going to play it, but it didn't look that interesting. I will need more information on it.
  • Zacry072Zacry0721,037,595
    Posted on 05 December 11 at 18:06Permalink
    I need to remember to watch this when I get home.
  • Mad Child277Mad Child277248,426
    Posted on 06 December 11 at 07:31Permalink
    Since I'm a huge fan of Ninja Theory and their games - Enslaved had one of the best stories and endings and overall was such a great game, I trust that they'll do right with DmC so i'll be picking it up for sure!!!
  • Posted on 06 December 11 at 07:36Permalink
    So, is this game called Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry? Or does the DmC stand for something else?
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
  • fakethieffakethief43,654
    Posted on 06 December 11 at 15:34Permalink
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    So, is this game called Devil May Cry: Devil May Cry? Or does the DmC stand for something else?
    This is just DmC - Devil May Cry.
  • ShinUkyoShinUkyo167,296
    Posted on 06 December 11 at 20:56Permalink
    N0T PENNYS B0AT said:
    I like what Ninja Theory did with Enslaved, although they employed wayyy too many game cliches in that game. But it was a nice effort. As for this game, I've never touched the series and I don't intend to start now. Capcom rarely publishes something I care about. I tend to stay away from anything Japanified -- just not into their gaming culture.
    This last line makes me think you're a bit younger than I once believed. I don't say this as a negative, mind you, quite the contrary. That makes it all the more impressive that you're such a great writer (and contributor to the news staff.) toast The reason I say this: aside from EA Sports titles, western developers didn't actually have any real significance in the console gaming market until maybe a decade ago. And even then, the first ones to have major success (like Rareware and Naughty Dog) were simply taking Japanese gameplay styles and changing the aesthetics. We didn't start to get fully-western titles on consoles until the modern era, when we became dominated by series like Halo, COD, Elder Scrolls, and the like.

So with that, a person who was console gaming through most of its glory years would have had no choice but to be playing Japanese games. Even today, where a lot of my favorite titles are now from America and Europe, I still can't imagine living without my fave series from Capcom, Konami, SEGA, and the like. This new DMC game, if anything, is trying to appeal to a more western audience. They've employed a western developer, and the main character has been changed to resemble those found in popular western titles (like Uncharted.) It's trying to appeal to the folks who prefer their hack'n slash games to be more like God of War. A game which, funny enough, took most of its gameplay influence from Devil May Cry.
  • Posted on 06 December 11 at 23:27Permalink
    fakethief said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    That's about as ridiculous as that Dead or Alive movie that was called DOA: Dead or Alive laugh
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice
  • Posted on 07 December 11 at 05:08Permalink
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    fakethief said:
    OfficerBarbrady said:
    That's about as ridiculous as that Dead or Alive movie that was called DOA: Dead or Alive laugh
    Redundancy is commonplace in videogames. You know like...earning XP Points.

But I don't recall Ninja Theory actually using the DmC: Devil May Cry. Seems like people are using in on the web to clarify they are talking about Devil May Cry.

A Google search doesn't distinguish the 'stylized' abbreviation, so I get Detroit Medical Center, DeLorean Motor Company, and Daniels Manufacturing Corporation as top searches. I may be wrong about that, though.
    Real-time...weapon change?
  • GuardianEGuardianE154,289
    Posted on 12 February 12 at 10:23Permalink
    The real idiots are the people who assume that haters of Ninja Theory are only griping about hair color.

The latest trailers showcase some serious issues, including, but not limited to framerate, camera, hitstun, hit detection, inconsistent knockback, janky animation, increase of jarring hit pauses, lack of significant weapon differentiation. These are real gameplay problems, and not something so superficial as a problem with hair color.

Really, I can throw the insult right back at DmC supporters. You only like it because of the superficial, over-saturated colors and generic "grittiness" that often comes with Westernization.
  • Posted on 12 February 12 at 18:00Permalink
    No the real idiots are the people who claim to be hardcore and bitch about aesthetic bs and how this Dante kills their boner. Also, people who act like they can draw logical conclusions and make claims based on teasers and trailers alone. That's pretty dumb too.
    Real-time...weapon change?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.