Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Play Together, Win Together in NHL 16

• ShinnizleShinnizle2,100,646
    Posted on 14 September 15 at 13:53
    Nope. NHL has simply gone downhill these past few years and I am not about to spend ~92$ on a game just for the sake of it. Will get this one from the bargain bin one day.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 14 September 15 at 17:07
    It is really good, I have been playing it on EA Access for the 10 hours it gives you. For the actual gameplay(the on ice stuff), NHL 15 and 16 have been the best the series has seen.
  • Clutch RinoClutch Rino1,566,920
    Posted on 14 September 15 at 22:36
    Chakaal Starr said:It is really good, I have been playing it on EA Access for the 10 hours it gives you. For the actual gameplay(the on ice stuff), NHL 15 and 16 have been the best the series has seen.You've got to be kidding me. No offence, but NHL 15 is probably the worst one made. I thought 14 was bad, but 15 takes the cake on this on.

Gameplay is mediocore, lots of delays in the players, goalies are still shit and the penalties are a joke in this game.

I did play the Beta for EASHL for 16 and it was 100x better than 15. I noticed a huge difference in the gameplay and how the game felt as I played it. Then again playing a few games you start to notice things that annoyed you in 15 were still in the game.

16 is a better game. Lets just hope its not a repeat of 15.
  • Posted on 14 September 15 at 23:05
    The only thing that really is the breaking point for me is that achievement list.

NHL 09 was enough for me to grind out that top rank. I can understand SP but some of the MP achievements are crazy.
    Ask me about my rock collection.
  • Clutch RinoClutch Rino1,566,920
    Posted on 15 September 15 at 01:46
    dropK1CK ninJA said:The only thing that really is the breaking point for me is that achievement list.

NHL 09 was enough for me to grind out that top rank. I can understand SP but some of the MP achievements are crazy.
    That's the one thing in recent years that I've hated with NHL is their lists.

I HATE HUT. The worst game mode possible and yet they put in a stupid achievement to get to division 1. The mode plays like garbage compared to online versus.

I'd rather have an achievement that was " Win 30 ranked versus games" or something like that then HUT.

I love playing ranked versus and I wish they would put an achievement like in NHL 10 in which you score 100 goals playing ranked. They are just getting lazy with lists now. It's a repeat every year and they add in a few new ones.

It's not hard to make a list. Myself and the whole hockey community could make a better list than EA. Just don't put achievements that require a lot of grinding and bore the hell outta you
  • No MoneyyNo Moneyy48,037
    Posted on 15 September 15 at 02:06
    Shinnizle said:Nope. NHL has simply gone downhill these past few years and I am not about to spend ~92$ on a game just for the sake of it. Will get this one from the bargain bin one day.+1, On the same page.

Just wait two or three months and it will be on GWG sales for $25-30CAD just like NHL15.
  • Posted on 15 September 15 at 15:33, Edited on 15 September 15 at 15:34 by Chakaal Starr
    RIN014 said:Chakaal Starr said:It is really good, I have been playing it on EA Access for the 10 hours it gives you. For the actual gameplay(the on ice stuff), NHL 15 and 16 have been the best the series has seen.You've got to be kidding me. No offence, but NHL 15 is probably the worst one made. I thought 14 was bad, but 15 takes the cake on this on.

Gameplay is mediocore, lots of delays in the players, goalies are still shit and the penalties are a joke in this game.

I did play the Beta for EASHL for 16 and it was 100x better than 15. I noticed a huge difference in the gameplay and how the game felt as I played it. Then again playing a few games you start to notice things that annoyed you in 15 were still in the game.

16 is a better game. Lets just hope its not a repeat of 15.
    NHL 15 lacked a lot of modes previous ones had but I thought it played really well compared to the past versions. NHL 16 built upon that. For clarification, I am referring to the XBox One version, since the 360 version of NHL 15 was a repackaged NHL 14. I didn't say it played as well as NHL 16, I was comparing to the versions before.

There is always going to be something that annoys you, I am sure that you will be saying the same thing about NHL 2020. I want to know what NHL based games you don't consider to have mediocre gameplay because new gen NHL15 and 16 seem to be best gameplay thus far. If you would care to elaborate on a better NHL video game that is available please share as I would be interested in it.

I have had every NHL series game since it came out in 1992, and in addition I have had Wayne Gretzky Hockey with HLS2, Brett Hull Hockey, I have had 2K, sega, nintendo, etc.
  • Posted on 15 September 15 at 16:48, Edited on 15 September 15 at 16:49 by TransparentDime
    Great game.. Haters gonna hate!
    RB Pro G... Rocksmith... NHL 16.. Destiny.. Ninjam.. Ohmstudio.com/notMe
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads