Forum for discussing game walkthroughs

Darkest of Days Walkthrough Discussion

AuthorMessage
Information Posted on 11 January 11 at 07:19
Please use this thread to discuss the Darkest of Days walkthrough
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 11 January 11 at 07:20
I'll be doing this one myself on the way home in the car.
Use one of the quotes from that thread
Confused Shelf
Posted on 11 January 11 at 17:39
Tasty Pastry said:
That difficult, huh?
"Wait a second, everyone knows pterodactyls can't stand the screech of a guitar"
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 11 January 11 at 17:49
Confused Shelf said:
Tasty Pastry said:
That difficult, huh?
laugh. It's only got like 11 achievements and I just 100%ed it yesterday, so figured I'd throw one up, plus it's been a while for me, I'm starting to look bad compared to some of my other content members!
Layth DireBeard
Posted on 11 January 11 at 20:54
Tasty Pastry said:
I'm starting to look bad compared to some of my other content members!
Funny, we were all dicussing this the other day wink.
Information Posted on 11 January 11 at 21:51
The walkthrough has now been published.

You can find it here: Darkest of Days Walkthrough
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 11 January 11 at 21:54, Edited on 11 January 11 at 21:54 by Tasty Pastry
Number 49!
Layth DireBeard
Posted on 11 January 11 at 21:59
Nice!
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Posted on 11 January 11 at 22:55
If Mafia II ever gets published it'll be #50!
W1LLYMAN
W1LLYMAN
Posted on 12 January 11 at 02:43
Yeah... about that.wink
Splodin' it hardcore since the day I was born...
King Nothing
King Nothing
Posted on 13 January 11 at 18:06
Se4nzZ WoRLd said:
laugh
Mr. Raaaager
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Se4nzZ WoRLd
Posted on 13 January 11 at 21:14
kingnothing95 said:
Se4nzZ WoRLd said:
laugh
Yeah, I know Prick
mast3r 0r0m1s
mast3r 0r0m1s
Posted on 02 July 11 at 17:38, Edited on 02 July 11 at 17:44 by mast3r 0r0m1s
Just so you know you cant get Bomb Technician in the Tutorial anymore, I threw countless of grenades and no matter how many blew up I lived. Before you do the Night Moves mission I did Germans on The Run, when it loads just toss the grenades at the ground (takes 3 or so) and when you die just load up the briefing room again (have to redo tutorial) and choose the Night Moves to do the Ghandi Award achievement and so on.
Everything good in life is illegal.
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 02 July 11 at 19:57
Changed, thanks for the heads up.
The Globalizer
Posted on 20 August 19 at 00:55
It's my fault for not doing thorough research, but really a bit surprised/irritated that the walkthrough doesn't call out how easy it is to not get 40 upgrade points and so miss *both* upgrade achievements.
Tasty Pastry
Tasty Pastry
Posted on 20 August 19 at 02:39, Edited on 20 August 19 at 02:47 by Tasty Pastry
The Globalizer said:
It's my fault for not doing thorough research, but really a bit surprised/irritated that the walkthrough doesn't call out how easy it is to not get 40 upgrade points and so miss *both* upgrade achievements.
At the bottom of the tips and tricks page:

"There are two potentially missable achievements that require you to upgrade all of your pistol settings and rifle settings - do not use your points until the end of the game, at which point you can upgrade them all the way then reload the save for the other. Failing to do it this way will result in you having to play through the game twice (about a seven hour game)."

At the beginning of the story walkthrough - literally the first words:

"Although I mention this later at a more logical time, I feel the need to make it clear right away. There are two potentially missable achievements that require you to upgrade all of your pistol settings and rifle settings - do not use your points until the end of the game, at which point you can upgrade them all the way then reload the save for the other. Failing to do it this way will result in you having to play through the game twice (about a seven hour game)."

And literally the first time you get points:

"You will now be back in the future room. This is where I feel it is important to note that you should have received “upgrade points.” It is physically impossible to get enough points to fully upgrade both your rifle and pistol, so do not use your points. Instead save your points until the very end of the game, at which point we will use a bit of saving and reloading."

That said, a current WT manager / editor is more than welcome to edit it make it even more obvious - I have no objection. Don't want anyone to miss it and have to play more of this terrible game. Wherever Globalizer suggests is good with me.
The Globalizer
Posted on 21 August 19 at 02:48, Edited on 21 August 19 at 02:49 by The Globalizer
Yeah, I saw those notes - but I read it as "don't upgrade or you won't have enough points" not also "make sure you don't kill blue aura guys or you won't have enough points". I finished the campaign at 37 points, zero upgrades, and wasn't even killing a ton of blue guys.

Luckily it's not *that* long of a game (and I didn't hate it as much as many people did) but I really didn't want to spend that extra 3-4 hours listening to all those attempts at clever dialogue. ("Dickbeaters" as a word for hands? Talk about some cringey 2005 gamer vibes.)

As for a suggestion, I'd just add a sentence in each of those places: "Also, killing blue aura enemies will reduce your upgrade points earned and it is very possible to not have enough points to earn either achievement, so avoid killing blue aura enemies whenever possible."
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.