Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone 7 Releases: January 12th, 2011

• SuyomizzleSuyomizzle209,035
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 06:01Permalink
    Flex and protect your brain in this week's WP7 releases

This week's Windows Phone 7 releases include a port of an XBLA brain training game, and a popular zombie themed board game.

https://www.trueachievements.com/Zombies-xbox-360.htm - $4.99/£3.99
    Zombies!!! puts you in the middle of the action as you try to escape the ever advancing zombie horde. Players must use a combination of wits and brawn to be the first to the heliport and certain escape. The only problem is, the zombies are everywhere, and they appear to be very hungry and your opponents would really prefer if you didn't escape.
    Brain Challenge HD (WP) - $4.99/£3.99
    The best-selling, critically acclaimed brain training franchise arrives on W7 phones! This complete brain training program is back with total brain activity coverage, a personalized coach to help all brain profiles and optimized gameplay. Just like your body, your brain needs exercise to stay in shape. Maintaining it simply involves completing small exercises without pain, stress, or boredom. That's where Brain Challenge comes in! It's more like a real vitamin boost for your brain. More than just a game, Brain Challenge is your personal coach and an entertaining, easy solution for keeping your brain alert. With various fun exercises, train your brain whenever and wherever you want on your W7 phone!
  • OrionOrion649,734
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 06:18Permalink
    I will probably be getting Brain Challenge and want to see if Zombies is any good ...

Only down-side I can see to these is that they are $5 and that goes against what the price points lately have been.
  • SuyomizzleSuyomizzle209,035
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 06:20Permalink
    I remember playing the Zombies!!! board game a while ago, don't much remember it though. I did pick up Brain Challenge though, and it's a bit of fun! Hopefully next week's games won't be as pricey.
  • BDSLiVeBDSLiVe47,136
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 07:00Permalink
    I wonder how good zombies would be doing brain age.
    Too Bad I hid a BooT
  • KINGvJAMESKINGvJAMES476,492
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 07:04Permalink
    To bad Microsoft didn't support the PC like they are this phone :/ not saying I don't love all these games coming to my new phone. I would just like to see more live enabled games on PC.
  • Posted on 12 January 11 at 08:55Permalink
    Does anyone know if the HTC H7 is any good?
  • austex360austex360187,535
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 09:05Permalink
    BDSLiVe said:
    I wonder how good zombies would be doing brain age.
    Heh, a bit ironic that these two came out on the same day, isn't it...
  • KrazieKrazie1,778,809
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 09:16Permalink
    Brain Challenge is a quality port if you've ever enjoyed playing any of the other ones. I've avoided More Brain Exercise based on reviews, but this one's definitely worth the purchase. As for Zombies!!!, it'll prolly be hit or miss depending on if you have the patience to learn the gameplay, especially if you don't like strategy-based games. Games take way too long to complete for my taste, seeing as it's a phone game, but it's something I'll throw on every now and then.
  • dancrozierdancrozier296,827
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 09:41Permalink
    Anyone want to swap a W7 phone for an i phone?
  • Posted on 12 January 11 at 09:51Permalink
    dancrozier said:
    Anyone want to swap a W7 phone for an i phone?
    Oh oh, me too. I'd rather have a WP7 than my IPhone...
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • tractakidtractakid287,171
  • Cooky88Cooky88411,527
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 11:16Permalink
    I work in a phone store and every time I demo a Windows phone, the general response is that they strongly dislike the software and the menu system. I wouldnt swap your iPhone for a w7 if I was you.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 January 11 at 11:27, Edited on 12 January 11 at 11:28 by Permalink
    I felt the same way about the OS on my HTC Trophy 7, but have been won over by it quite easily. I got this plus my wife got the HTC Desire running android, and I was thinking about sending mine back to have the same as her (can't justify the expense of the iphone 4!!) In the end I felt that mine was great, and should give Microsoft time to develop, as the OS is in it's infancy so to speak.

The ability to earn a few achievements during my lunchbreak is the dealmaker for me though!!

I think the WP7 has the potential to be outstanding if developed properly... and at this stage, I have every confidence that Microsoft will do just that.

Rich.
  • Darth TromDarth Trom585,908
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 11:33Permalink
    The original Brain Challenge for Xbox was not very good. If you have any color issues with your eyes, you will have trouble succeeding in distinguishing the activities. Maybe the issues for the phones are fixed?
  • WOODY2211WOODY22111,157,396
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 12:51Permalink
    Con you buy WP7 games with microsoft points?? My phone comes today and i have lots of points to spend!! Ha ha
  • Mirage8531Mirage8531194,216
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 13:20Permalink
    Cooky88 said:
    I work in a phone store and every time I demo a Windows phone, the general response is that they strongly dislike the software and the menu system. I wouldnt swap your iPhone for a w7 if I was you.
    People are just afraid of change..... The WP7 is a much better phone all around. Give it a few more months or years under its belt like the iphone has and it will be even better. Plus it has flash and the iphone doesn't and probably never will.
  • Posted on 12 January 11 at 13:31Permalink
    dannyboy276 said:
    Does anyone know if the HTC H7 is any good?
    I have the HTC surround 7 and absolutely love it!
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
  • CurtiesonCurtieson242,963
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 13:40Permalink
    WOODY2211 said:
    Con you buy WP7 games with microsoft points?? My phone comes today and i have lots of points to spend!! Ha ha
    NO! You can't! I just found this out this weekend. It does not work like GFWL where you can pay cash or points.

You have two payment options, you can put it to you bill or if you have a CC on file you can put it to that. I do not know if it knows your CC because of it's ties to AT&T having it on file for Instant Pay or if it knows my CC because it was on file with my LIVE profile.
  • CurtiesonCurtieson242,963
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 13:43Permalink
    Mirage8531 said:
    Cooky88 said:
    People are just afraid of change..... The WP7 is a much better phone all around. Give it a few more months or years under its belt like the iphone has and it will be even better. Plus it has flash and the iphone doesn't and probably never will.
    Agreed...I don't see how anyone could touch the phone and say anything bad about it...they may prefer others (for some reason, normally iSheep fanboi issues) but it is a completely solid OS.

But, to the other point...you would have to say "plus, it is going to have flash"...you can't use expect future features as a selling point, hahaha
  • dancrozierdancrozier296,827
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 13:55Permalink
    Cooky88 said:
    have to admit it would only be to get games with achievements so I can get achievements on the move, I love the iphone really.

They should do a lttle portable device just for games.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.