Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone 7 Releases: January 12th, 2011

• WOODY2211WOODY22111,158,485
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 14:11
    Curtieson said:
    WOODY2211 said:
    Con you buy WP7 games with microsoft points?? My phone comes today and i have lots of points to spend!! Ha ha
    NO! You can't! I just found this out this weekend. It does not work like GFWL where you can pay cash or points.

You have two payment options, you can put it to you bill or if you have a CC on file you can put it to that. I do not know if it knows your CC because of it's ties to AT&T having it on file for Instant Pay or if it knows my CC because it was on file with my LIVE profile.
    OH MY GOD!!! That is shit. I thought they would of tied it in with your MSP's!! Oh well, looks like ill be buying lots of other games then.

Thank you for the information.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,012,385
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:14
    I'd also like to point out the link for the second one is to Suyo's progress for the game, instead of just the game's page. A small detail, but would perhaps confuse a few people, might want to change : o
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • mik29mik29535,691
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:37
    UnarmedGorilla said:
    dannyboy276 said:
    Does anyone know if the HTC H7 is any good?
    I have the HTC surround 7 and absolutely love it!
    Me too, best thing i've bought in years, except for my 360 that is. smile
    Full of pointy goodness
  • mik29mik29535,691
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:44
    WOODY2211 said:
    Curtieson said:
    WOODY2211 said:
    Con you buy WP7 games with microsoft points?? My phone comes today and i have lots of points to spend!! Ha ha
    NO! You can't! I just found this out this weekend. It does not work like GFWL where you can pay cash or points.

You have two payment options, you can put it to you bill or if you have a CC on file you can put it to that. I do not know if it knows your CC because of it's ties to AT&T having it on file for Instant Pay or if it knows my CC because it was on file with my LIVE profile.
    OH MY GOD!!! That is shit. I thought they would of tied it in with your MSP's!! Oh well, looks like ill be buying lots of other games then.

Thank you for the information.
    I really want them to change this, i bought a £2.49 game and it did come out of my Bank account till the next week and it took me over my overdraft. So i got a £25 fine off the bank., NOT happy £27.49 for a mobile game!!!!
    Full of pointy goodness
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:46
    dannyboy276 said:
    Does anyone know if the HTC H7 is any good?
    I just got one, the phone is excellent, the games are great too. iv only bought Harvest and NFS underground.

im really happy with the phone all in alllaugh
  • dancrozierdancrozier310,193
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:47
    Mirage8531 said:
    Cooky88 said:
    I work in a phone store and every time I demo a Windows phone, the general response is that they strongly dislike the software and the menu system. I wouldnt swap your iPhone for a w7 if I was you.
    People are just afraid of change..... The WP7 is a much better phone all around. Give it a few more months or years under its belt like the iphone has and it will be even better. Plus it has flash and the iphone doesn't and probably never will.
    err, not wanting to get into a debate over phones but the i phone does have a flash, atleast mine does (iphone 4).

I have used one but still think the i phone is much better all around, I only want WP7 for achievement games linked to my gamer card. If I could do that with i phone games I wouldn't want a WP7
  • mik29mik29535,691
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:50, Edited on 12 January 11 at 15:51 by mik29
    dancrozier said:
    Cooky88 said:
    I work in a phone store and every time I demo a Windows phone, the general response is that they strongly dislike the software and the menu system. I wouldnt swap your iPhone for a w7 if I was you.
    have to admit it would only be to get games with achievements so I can get achievements on the move, I love the iphone really.

They should do a lttle portable device just for games.
    Are you having a laugh!!, the WP7 software is 10 times easier to use than the iPhone. Everyone i know except for 1, ( a real Apple fanboy ) has swapped there iPhone or is about to swap there iPhone for a WP7 because of the software and having to use iTunes. Both are terrible.
    Full of pointy goodness
  • CurtiesonCurtieson247,286
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 15:57
    dancrozier said:
    err, not wanting to get into a debate over phones but the i phone does have a flash, atleast mine does (iphone 4).
    Not "a flash", but "Flash" (big F, implies it is a name of something, in this case a software package).

iPhones (also, there is no space) do not allow Adobe Flash to be installed on them, making a lot of websites unaccessible. I also pointed out to the member that the WP7 does not have flash either...it is a feature on the "soon to be released" list though (along with cut and paste), while Flash is on the iPhone's "When Hell freezes over" list.
  • dancrozierdancrozier310,193
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 16:03, Edited on 12 January 11 at 16:06 by dancrozier
    mik29 said:
    dancrozier said:
    Cooky88 said:
    have to admit it would only be to get games with achievements so I can get achievements on the move, I love the iphone really.

Are you having a laugh!!, the WP7 software is 10 times easier to use than the iPhone. Everyone i know except for 1, ( a real Apple fanboy ) has swapped there iPhone or is about to swap there iPhone for a WP7 because of the software and having to use iTunes. Both are terrible.
    It's just an opinion. I can hardly be an apple fan boy, this is the first apple product I have ever owned!

I certainly don't find it hard to use, I find it very clear and logical, I like the lay out, screen quality etc a lot more. How do you measure something is 10 times easier? I'm curious or are you being subjective again?

Everyone you know is very subjective, I know lots of people who own the i phone, not one has swapped it for WP7, I only know one person who owns a WP7 and he was had an android before. So I could say everybody I know hasn't swapped the i phone for WP7. Not really worth anything though is it?

I'm allowed to prefer a phone, thats why I choose it over WP7, and I have not had 1 single problem with it. So no, wasn't having a laugh

Thanks Curiteson, I was skim reading the thread, after I posted it I thought... I bet they are not talking about a flash!
  • SanadaSanada667,126
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 17:19
    I don't think I would want a phone to game on..Would have me gaming at all the wrong times! haha. But some of these releases sound interesting..
  • iruhlmaniruhlman247,491
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 18:19
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    dancrozier said:
    Anyone want to swap a W7 phone for an i phone?
    Oh oh, me too. I'd rather have a WP7 than my IPhone...
    not me... iphone FTW!

I can wait for Live to come to the iphone.. you know its going to happen sooner or later...
    Rock Band Network - twitter@brianruhlman
  • iruhlmaniruhlman247,491
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 18:20
    dancrozier said:
    mik29 said:
    dancrozier said:
    Cooky88 said:

It's just an opinion. I can hardly be an apple fan boy, this is the first apple product I have ever owned!

I certainly don't find it hard to use, I find it very clear and logical, I like the lay out, screen quality etc a lot more. How do you measure something is 10 times easier? I'm curious or are you being subjective again?

Everyone you know is very subjective, I know lots of people who own the i phone, not one has swapped it for WP7, I only know one person who owns a WP7 and he was had an android before. So I could say everybody I know hasn't swapped the i phone for WP7. Not really worth anything though is it?

I'm allowed to prefer a phone, thats why I choose it over WP7, and I have not had 1 single problem with it. So no, wasn't having a laugh

Thanks Curiteson, I was skim reading the thread, after I posted it I thought... I bet they are not talking about a flash!
    I dont know a single person with a WP7 or even talking about getting one.

what I do hear "everyone" talking about getting Verizon's iphone.
    Rock Band Network - twitter@brianruhlman
  • PolerandPolerand187,178
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 18:44
    It pulls CC information from what is set up with Live but you can always add a new card.
  • SuyomizzleSuyomizzle209,375
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 18:50
    iruhlman said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    dancrozier said:
    not me... iphone FTW!

I can wait for Live to come to the iphone.. you know its going to happen sooner or later...
    I would venture to say that's pretty unlikely. Microsoft considers WP7 as their portable gaming platform. Certainly it doesn't have the same hype as the iPhone, but Microsoft won't let WP7 go down without a fight. I think Xbox Live on the iPhone would be smart, but I think Xbox Live on the Wii would be smart, too. It's just not going to happen.
  • CurtiesonCurtieson247,286
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 19:41, Edited on 12 January 11 at 19:42 by Curtieson
    iruhlman said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    dancrozier said:
    not me... iphone FTW!

Get out of hear with that! You said that in the last thread too...you need to understand, THAT IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

That is like saying you want to see the PS3 run Xbox games...

dancrozier said:
    i phone?
    C'mon man....just stop that... :( ....I bet you even have a 4G? facepalm
  • SkelixSkelix1,021,046
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 19:43
    The iPhone is better, I swapped from one. Not impressed with WP7 so far, but hey I can get achievements now at work.
  • Posted on 12 January 11 at 20:07
    To the people argueing over which one is better, there is no such thing as better. The quality of something is all based on somebody's preference. There are tons of foods out there that I dont like the taste of, while at the same time there are lots of other people who do. It's all based on personal opinion.
    When life gives Chuck Norris lemons, he makes orange juice.
  • Chunkeh MunkehChunkeh Munkeh2,468,994
    Posted on 12 January 11 at 21:07
    I went from iPhone to WP7 (HTC HD7) and after a month or so of getting used to it I would not want to go back to my iPhone.

Zune is a much better service than iTunes (less restrictive) the OS is simpler than the iPhone's, WP7 will support Flash and iPhones almost never will due to an ongoing dispute with Jobs and Adobe, and XBL will never be on iPhones! they have their own 'game centre' with 'achievements!

This is just my opinion after owning both.
    Chunkeh Munkeh q0.oP
  • KINGvJAMESKINGvJAMES477,039
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 04:18
    iruhlman said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    dancrozier said:
    not me... iphone FTW!

Do you know that the iPhone is owned by APPLE? Who in case you didn't know is rival of MICROSOFT. Just wanted to bring you up to date. I know this is something new facepalm
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,012,385
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 04:36
    KINGvJAMES said:
    iruhlman said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    dancrozier said:
    not me... iphone FTW!

Do you know that the iPhone is owned by APPLE? Who in case you didn't know is rival of MICROSOFT. Just wanted to bring you up to date. I know this is something new facepalm
    How'd ITunes (Apple product) end up on Windows (A Microsoft product), then.
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.