Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Windows Phone 7 Releases: January 12th, 2011

• CurtiesonCurtieson249,043
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 13:32
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    How'd ITunes (Apple product) end up on Windows (A Microsoft product), then.
    Well, 1st...Microsoft doesn't control Windows like they do a phone...have you ever heard of a computer being locked to a certain ISP? No, of course not...but you hear that all the time with phones.

The same case as to why Flash won't end up on the iPhone...it is on mac PCs because they can't do much about that.......but they CAN control their phones.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,012,793
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 14:22, Edited on 13 January 11 at 14:24 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Curtieson said:
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    How'd ITunes (Apple product) end up on Windows (A Microsoft product), then.
    Well, 1st...Microsoft doesn't control Windows like they do a phone...have you ever heard of a computer being locked to a certain ISP? No, of course not...but you hear that all the time with phones.

The same case as to why Flash won't end up on the iPhone...it is on mac PCs because they can't do much about that.......but they CAN control their phones.
    This doesn't even make sense. There are a ton of xbox related apps on the App Store for the IPhone already. I doubt we will see some official program from MS in the App Store, especially since there is now a Windows Phone, though.

EDIT : Scratch that, MS already has 5 apps in the App Store, including Bing and Windows Live Messenger. Course, it's less likely now that WP7 exists, but yeah, stop talking out of your ass. What happened to those "locks".
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • Posted on 13 January 11 at 15:10
    liberatetutemae said:
    dannyboy276 said:
    Does anyone know if the HTC H7 is any good?
    I just got one, the phone is excellent, the games are great too. iv only bought Harvest and NFS underground.

im really happy with the phone all in alllaugh
    I've got the same phone and love it.
    I recommend, aside from NFS:U and Harvest, OMG and Project Sunburst.

Downside to the phone is lack of custom ringtone support. Hoping that the upcoming update will remedy that.
  • CurtiesonCurtieson249,043
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 16:08, Edited on 13 January 11 at 16:08 by Curtieson
    LV 1 Blue Slime said:
    This doesn't even make sense. There are a ton of xbox related apps on the App Store for the IPhone already. I doubt we will see some official program from MS in the App Store, especially since there is now a Windows Phone, though.

EDIT : Scratch that, MS already has 5 apps in the App Store, including Bing and Windows Live Messenger. Course, it's less likely now that WP7 exists, but yeah, stop talking out of your ass. What happened to those "locks".
    That is a great point...I completely forgot all about Apple's search engine "iSearch" and their messaging program "iTypeToYou"........with a search and msg, there is no competition between the two and exclusivity is not sought after since there are so many other alternatives to MS's versions.

It must have been in the other WP7 thread, but I did mention the use of Office on Apple products, because MS makes more money in selling that software then they would gain by keeping it Windows exclusive.

As long as there is WP7...There will never be a full Xbox program on the iPhone because MS wants to use that feature of exclusivity to sell THEIR phone.
  • LV 1 Blue SlimeLV 1 Blue Slime1,012,793
    Posted on 13 January 11 at 16:26, Edited on 13 January 11 at 16:27 by LV 1 Blue Slime
    Curtieson said:
    That is a great point...I completely forgot all about Apple's search engine "iSearch" and their messaging program "iTypeToYou"........with a search and msg, there is no competition between the two and exclusivity is not sought after since there are so many other alternatives to MS's versions.
    Irrelevant. Also irrelevant to the reason I quoted the person I did in the first place. You even give an example in the next paragraph of how you still aren't right.

Curtieson said:
    It must have been in the other WP7 thread, but I did mention the use of Office on Apple products, because MS makes more money in selling that software then they would gain by keeping it Windows exclusive.
    And even if Apple did have a chat program, or a search engine, they would make more money by putting on an apple phone. Your reasoning doesn't compute. Even if someone does buy an apple computer, MS can still make money off of them by putting Windows products on Apple devices.

Curtieson[b said:
    As long as there is WP7...There will never be a full Xbox program on the iPhone because MS wants to use that feature of exclusivity to sell THEIR phone.
    I don't disagree. My point in the beginning, at least, was that programs dealing with a competitor's software ends up on someone else's system SOMEHOW, so the guy's statement I originally quoted was uncalled for and misinformed, because a version of anything MS on a Apple device is totally possible, and has happened before, either by MS' hands, or a third party.

There are Live apps on the App Store already, they are simply from third parties.

Perhaps more on topic, I'm going to go to an AT&T store today to see if I can kick my IPhone off my plan and get a WP7 on there ~__~

Achievements at work, pl00x.
    Hey, no complaints here. I prefer eye candy to scary armor any day. - Yuri
  • ERIKDOTCOMERIKDOTCOM87,673
    Posted on 21 January 11 at 15:02
    KINGvJAMES said:
    To bad Microsoft didn't support the PC like they are this phone :/ not saying I don't love all these games coming to my new phone. I would just like to see more live enabled games on PC.
    Agreed.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.