Game Discussion: NIER

Am I On Course To Finish Under 15 Hours?

• Posted on 09 January 12 at 17:01
    I am currently inside the weird mansion where the boy turns people to stone with a time of 5 hours. Am I on course to complete under 15 hours if I keep at the pace I am and continue to read text and watch cutscenes?
  • mooglessmoogless223,772
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 06:43
    just dont bother with side quests and youll get it fine, i know i did.
    Remember, science rhymes with compliance. Do you know what doesn't rhyme with compliance? NEUROTOXIN
  • Posted on 10 January 12 at 14:55
    i done a few side quests on a separate save file but aint done any on my main save file.

i read somewhere this player reached where i am at within 9 hours and got a reply it would be hard to get the achievement.
  • WeisGuy9WeisGuy9738,177
    Posted on 10 January 12 at 17:55
    You should be just fine if you are at that point in the game with only 5 hours. There's quite a bit of leeway built in. If I recall correctly I completed that playthrough in about 11 hours with skipping cutscenes/dialogue, etc. I had already played through it before though, so I already knew what was going on. Good luck with getting some of the item drops, btw!!!!!
    Not polite, patient, or politically correct.
  • DureraDurera582,559
    Posted on 10 April 12 at 13:28, Edited on 10 April 12 at 13:29 by Durera
    For anyone wondering how hard it is to finish under 15 hours...

I didn't skip any cut-scenes or fast-forward any "speaky parts" and did a dozen sidequests and still had an hour to spare on the playthrough I completed this weekend (my first). This was on medium difficulty with a few deaths/replays of boss battles etc thrown in as well. This was just following the main quest and doing side-quests that were "on the way". I wasn't deliberately going for under 15 hours as I don't look at achievement lists until after my first playthrough of a game for games where the story matters, so I'd say you're pretty much guaranteed to finish under 15 hours if that's your goal from the start.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.