Game Discussion: Forza Motorsport 6 Forum

Ridiculous Completion Time

AuthorMessage
BAMMphil
BAMMphil
Posted on 20 September 15 at 17:49, Edited on 20 September 15 at 17:58 by BAMMphil
So it seems like it will take about 150h JUST for:
Forza Motorsport 6One for the History BooksThe One for the History Books achievement in Forza Motorsport 6 worth 314 pointsComplete all Car Divisions, all Series, and all Showcases

As you will need to complete the career 6 TIMES (every series in every season with every car class) in order to unlock this.

WOW. And i thought Forza 5 had grindy achievements ..

And holy shit the endurance races ! 100 to 300 miles in one race? That will take forever and has to be done in one go. And there are 9 !!! of those.

So Opinions ?
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 20 September 15 at 17:56
Not really any different to any other Forza game in the series, as they added more cars and more to variety it was bound to take longer.

Least you cant moan you're not getting your monies worth
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 20 September 15 at 18:09
I just made a similar post at the same time (deleted now since we don't need two).

I found Horizon 2 to drag on and hated the unskippable road trips. Not played the mainline version since FM3 and was hoping that this would tempt me back. However, it looks like yet again the achievements are a massive grind. Sorry, but this is really off-putting for me. I really can't stand when devs do this sort of thing. It's a lazy decision presumably designed to keep people playing for longer but all it does for me is make me skip it along with possible sequels!
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 20 September 15 at 18:10
If you enjoy racing sims the more races the better. That's the way I look at it
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 20 September 15 at 19:18
Spilner said:If you enjoy racing sims the more races the better. That's the way I look at itSure, but there's a limit. When it ceases to add any new or interesting variation and it just becomes repetitive. More races and choices are great... forcing you to do all of them, not so much.

If that achievement was renamed to 'drive for 200 hours' or 'complete 5000 races' etc. then it might be looked at differently (and not more positively I would add). It's a grindy achievement named so as not to look that way.
BAMMphil
BAMMphil
Posted on 20 September 15 at 21:31
And thats why i dont complain about not getting my worth, forza is a great series and i will enjoy playing it even more !
But i dont understand the devs here, its just: "yeah make them do the same thing 6 times, im sure thats a good idea" ! clap

Still i like the game and i will probably still complete it, but man seriously.. ? ^^
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 20 September 15 at 21:36
I'm finally within about 20 hours of grinding out the FM4 final achievement! Still got FH1, FH2, FM5 and now this to make my way through. I really gotta find more gaming time.
manawatukiwi80
Posted on 21 September 15 at 02:11
Finally got the series achievement, gonna take a while, the most grindy part is the enduros 2hr to 4hr races and theres quite a few of them. Done all the ones that auto unlock plus the ones up to the end of the first chapter as yet to fully complete just gotta do usa tour 3 more times then volume 1 complete.

Will complete as I want the achievement but they could have made it a bit less grindy.
Forza is the best car game series I'm an ex gran turismo fan.
Vrruumm
Vrruumm
Posted on 21 September 15 at 11:35
FM2-314 Races
FM3-730
FM4-1136 (could be completed at 98.1%)
FM5-669 after Road America and Nurburgring were added.
FM6-~600

It could be worse. I would take the endurance races over doing stupidly long championships like in FM4. 10-15 laps with 2 heats in D-R1 class cars around 8 2-4 mile long tracks...no thanks.
Madcat NL
Madcat NL
Posted on 21 September 15 at 15:55
It says 'Car Divisions' in the achievement, which suggests that using each car division once should be enough. I used a different type of car for each series so far, and am currently on the final series. For my second career playthrough I will use all car divisions I haven't used so far. Hopefully it will only have to be completed twice. Otherwise, we'll just have to grind it out :(

BTW, I love the endurance races, that's what sim games need, and Forza had been seriously lacking since 4 in that department.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 21 September 15 at 20:55
People moaning because of the amount of content? Sigh.
Mr Fiddler
Mr Fiddler
Posted on 21 September 15 at 21:03
Lavindathar said:People moaning because of the amount of content? Sigh.No, the amount of time it takes to 100% the achievements. Not the same thing. Sigh.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 21 September 15 at 21:09
Achievements using the full content of the game.
speedygamers90
Posted on 21 September 15 at 21:14
If you don't think it's worth $60 for all that gameplay, you must be ridiculous. Games can be $60 and not be that much worth it. It's totally fun, and for the amount of playing time you get it's so worth it. If you don't like it, don't play it. That's how I look at it.
Love playing ALL XBOX games! :) 1,640 gamerscore as of right now!
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 21 September 15 at 22:10
I'll take grindy achievements any day over dumb luck based ones where you have no control over the outcome, or even most multiplayer achievements which is dependent on the actions of other players and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are.
NellumNai
NellumNai
Posted on 22 September 15 at 11:51
I wouldn't mind the grind if I could hire a driver like on FM3 and FM4. That's why I've 100%'d FM3 and am very close to doing FM4. I just stick them on on a 2nd TV and let them do what they need to do. 2000G and I've only really gamed for 50hrs instead of 200hrs. I'm only 2 grind achievements away from doing Forza Horizon 2 as well so that will get done eventually.

But this is a chore. Forza 5 was a chore. Two games in the franchise I will never achieve 100%. The multiplayer achievements are the biggest issue for me. I play with assists, I am shit without. I accept that. So those achievements requiring me to win a 24 car multiplayer race with no assists... impossible for me. Race from last to 1st in a multiplayer race? Pure chance. Grinding achievements are far better as yes they might take a while... but hey, they're actually achievable by even the average gamers. You don't have to be an elite to complete it.
NellumNai
Priest Crow
Priest Crow
Posted on 22 September 15 at 15:42
I think its even more than 150 hours...
Currently at 52 % volumes and 100% showcases and already spent 110 hours
QuarkSpectrum
QuarkSpectrum
Posted on 22 September 15 at 23:56
I can see where this would be annoying if your primary goal is to finish all the achievements as quickly as possible. But I really like that these achievements are set up the way they are.

With Forza games, most of my enjoyment comes from the process of learning the quirks of the physics system, learning all the tracks, and eventually settling on a handful of cars that I can tune until they fit me like a glove. There's no quick and easy way to do that. It takes a ton of time and repetition and trial and error.

With the career achievements, I feel like I have enough time to fully explore all that stuff while also constantly making progress towards an achievement. It gives the whole thing a sense of purpose.

Then again, I'm the type of guy that really looks forward to endurance races and things like that. I realize this puts me in the minority.
Lavindathar
Lavindathar
Posted on 23 September 15 at 00:42
Mr Fiddler said:Lavindathar said:People moaning because of the amount of content? Sigh.No, the amount of time it takes to 100% the achievements. Not the same thing. Sigh.No, your just playing games for the wrong reason,
Priest Crow
Priest Crow
Posted on 23 September 15 at 01:37, Edited on 23 September 15 at 01:38 by Priest Crow
Thats what i love in this forza.
No affinity achieves so you can allways be changing cars, and the good organization of the career mode makes you play with every car type..
Loving so far, just can t leave the game.
My top 3 racers of all time are now
-Forza Horizon 2
-Gran Turismo 4
-Forza 6

Forza 6 just took Gran Turismo 2 place in my 'list'
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.