Game Discussion: Forza Motorsport 6 Forum

Ridiculous Completion Time

AuthorMessage
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 23 September 15 at 08:22, Edited on 23 September 15 at 08:23 by misfit119
MisterRareSteak said:I'll take grindy achievements any day over dumb luck based ones where you have no control over the outcome, or even most multiplayer achievements which is dependent on the actions of other players and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are.I actually normally agree with this but I'm honestly pretty frustrated with this crap from Forza. I tend to just kind of lose interest in the games because I'm still grinding out earlier games in the series. Like I'd rather have collectibles than achievements that are basically "So those races you did before? Do them five times more in different cars. All of them."

Lavindathar said:Mr Fiddler said:Lavindathar said:People moaning because of the amount of content? Sigh.No, the amount of time it takes to 100% the achievements. Not the same thing. Sigh.No, your just playing games for the wrong reason,Yes because you're the final arbitrator of what playing a game for the right reason is.roll God it's the days of Super Smash Bros Brawl all over again. Final Destination! No Items! It's the only right way to play!

Edit: And you misspelled you're.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
Wyyvern
Wyyvern
Posted on 23 September 15 at 09:34
They're supposed to be "achievements". You're supposed to do something in return for achieving them.

I wouldn't say they are grindy though. Not if you enjoy the game, which I always do with every entry in the Forza franchise.
Popularity is not a measure of quality, but a measure of how idiotic that thing's following is.
BAMMphil
BAMMphil
Posted on 23 September 15 at 13:50, Edited on 23 September 15 at 13:51 by BAMMphil
Yeah I understand that achievements need to be achieved, but id rather have skill based achievements like the drift ones in Forza5 or the "Beat time x in car y".
Instead i just have to do the same thing i did 5 more times. Everybody can do that (given he wants to invest the time) so its not as rewarding.

After all its not a game breaker, i just dont like the super grindy stuff, but as the game is amazing im sure it wont be half as bad as it seems.
EnjoyableCoffee
Posted on 23 September 15 at 14:02
I'm sorry but that achievement is ridiculous and I love racing games.
Im Single Again
Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:48
If Avatar The Last Airbender had an achievement saying play for 50 hours, would you say you got for your money ? . The same goes with this game. It's not having something for your money, it's just something that gets repetitive in the long run. Different.
Case Closed so don't debate it.
Van Uden
Van Uden
Posted on 23 September 15 at 17:18
I think it's awesome there's an achievement that separates the real fans from the normal ones!
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:57
Van Uden said:I think it's awesome there's an achievement that separates the real fanspeople who have more than one game to play for the next month from the normal ones!Fixed that for ya! laugh
The Nerevarine
Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:10, Edited on 23 September 15 at 22:17 by The Nerevarine
Spilner said:Least you cant moan you're not getting your monies worthz iExclusive z said:But yeah, like Spilner said, you also really can't complain about not getting your money's worthLavindathar said:People moaning because of the amount of content? Sigh.Are you guys implying that if I remake the original Pong and have one achievement "Play Pong 4,000,000 times" worth 1,000 gamerscore and charge $60... that you're getting your "money's worth?" Because of the achievement? And one of you is calling this "content?" And anyone who doesn't want to play 4 million games of pong isn't a true fan?

I know Forza has lots of cars and a reasonable number of tracks, I've finished a few myself... but usually by hiring drivers because driving the same tracks a million times that have been in the series since Forza 2 feels old about a few minutes into a brand new Forza game. Forza is great, but IMO it's turning into the Call of Duty of racing games and achievements like this are ridiculous. Not necessarily knocking Forza, it's a great game, but...
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:12
You cant compare a game that basic to something with a lot of variety in it roll
The Nerevarine
Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:20, Edited on 23 September 15 at 22:31 by The Nerevarine
Spilner said:You cant compare a game that basic to something with a lot of variety in it rollThere's variety in online play or custom races, but unless something has changed from the career in previous games, then aside from using a different car each time, it sounds very repetitive (read: lacking in variety and tedious). Completing 4,000 online races would be a lot less tedious than 4,000 pre-configured races against the computer... some of those races have you doing like 30+ laps of the same track without stop. I didn't bother with the achievements in Forza 5 because the game was fun and trying to get the achievements would have significantly reduced my enjoyment... but I'm not super-hardcore-Forza-fan by any stretch.

I wonder how much total electricity is wasted by people hiring drivers in Forza for endurance races, and I wonder what percentage of people complete these games without hiring drivers... I imagine it's very low, and that makes this achievement seem even more ridiculous when you think about it's impact on things.
QuarkSpectrum
QuarkSpectrum
Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:53
For me, the goal is to get to the point where I can do well against hard AI with no assists or rewinds. Maybe I stuck at racing games, but I'm finding that to be not at all easy to do.

So I use the career races to work up to that. I'll slowly drop assists and increase difficulty until I run into problems, but I'm constantly trying to improve lap times and things like that. Plenty of variety as far as I'm concerned.

For me it isn't comparable to four million games of pong because I'm not doing the same thing every time. I've yet to put in a lap that I felt I couldn't improve on. As long as that's the case I'm not getting bored.
Seoulcrusher
Seoulcrusher
Posted on 24 September 15 at 04:01
Achievements are the best addition to gaming the last console generation. They give you an incentive to play the game differently and to conquer harder difficulties, giving games great replay value.

The worst addition to games the last console generation: Achievements. They can pressure to continue playing games long after you enjoy playing them, and encourage ridiculous grinding and boosting.

My advice: Play the games you want to play. If a game isn't fun anymore, put it back on the shelf and play something else. You can go back to it in a few months or a few years. Also, NOBODY CARES if you get the achievements or not except for you. I'm a bit of a hypocrite saying this, but I'm starting to look at the time spent completing a lot of games with regret. I could have spent that time having fun. Gaming is a hobby for most of us, not a job. It should be enjoyable.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 24 September 15 at 06:19, Edited on 24 September 15 at 06:23 by misfit119
QuarkSpectrum said:So I use the career races to work up to that. I'll slowly drop assists and increase difficulty until I run into problems, but I'm constantly trying to improve lap times and things like that. Plenty of variety as far as I'm concerned.

For me it isn't comparable to four million games of pong because I'm not doing the same thing every time. I've yet to put in a lap that I felt I couldn't improve on. As long as that's the case I'm not getting bored.
Yeah but see, that's the thing - you're doing something productive with your gaming, you're learning. Me I play without assists and on maximum difficulty most of the time, only dropping down when I'm doing achievement cleanup or working on a review. There's literally nothing for me to do besides tinker with car builds and try to improve lap times. I don't feel that's very productive of my time.

Honestly I probably wouldn't care as much if the Forza games weren't turning into a zombie franchise, rising from their grave every year to bring incremental changes. You'd swear EA or Activision was running the franchise at this point but with them constantly firing out games making them such a chore just makes me feel like I'm getting rather burned out by the series as a whole and achievements like this just don't help.

Seoulcrusher said:If a game isn't fun anymore, put it back on the shelf and play something else. You can go back to it in a few months or a few years. Also, NOBODY CARES if you get the achievements or not except for you. ------. It should be enjoyable.Fun thing about that - I find myself panicking about putting games on the backburner anymore. DLC is yanked, games are pulled, servers drop and games just generally are not always there anymore. I started up a few PS3 games only to have those servers killed when the PS4 launched, wah wah wah. Now those are on my gamercard and completion will be a forever dream. Same thing happened with a few Vita games with server shutdowns. Forza 4 can't be finished anymore thanks to the Unicorn achievement that Turn 10 won't help with. If games didn't just go away these days then I would honestly not care and just go back and forth with the game every few months but who knows what the future holds at this point for any individual game.

I find 100%'ing a game I enjoy to be immensely enjoyable even if it means doing extra stuff. I don't even mind collectibles in many cases if they have some sort of impact on the game or if there's in-game maps for them. But finishing every other achievment and then having the game tell me "Now you only have 50 hours more to get those last 1, 2 or 3 achievements" just makes me want to stop gaming entirely.
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 24 September 15 at 07:41
Seoulcrusher said:Achievements are the best addition to gaming the last console generation. They give you an incentive to play the game differently and to conquer harder difficulties, giving games great replay value.

The worst addition to games the last console generation: Achievements. They can pressure to continue playing games long after you enjoy playing them, and encourage ridiculous grinding and boosting.

My advice: Play the games you want to play. If a game isn't fun anymore, put it back on the shelf and play something else. You can go back to it in a few months or a few years. Also, NOBODY CARES if you get the achievements or not except for you. I'm a bit of a hypocrite saying this, but I'm starting to look at the time spent completing a lot of games with regret. I could have spent that time having fun. Gaming is a hobby for most of us, not a job. It should be enjoyable.
Yeah I gotta say I agree with pretty much all of that. I'd just add that completing a game gives me an immense sense of satisfaction (not that my record is that good). But mostly nowadays before I start a game I look through the achievements, identify the handful I'm not going to bother with, and then just play. It's the games which I get (sometimes unexpectedly) with one or two outstanding that bothers me. My OCD just kicks me in the balls every time.

And misfit raised a good point. I finished all of FM2, except the single multiplayer achievement, and then when I went to get back to it after finishing FM3, the frigging server had been taken down. That last achievement still bugs me.

As a side note, didn't FM4 import unicorns from FM3, so if you play that first, you should get that achievement. Of course that adds a whole new dimension, grinding across multiple games! angry
The Globalizer
Posted on 24 September 15 at 14:23
It's a bit at the high end of what I'd say it should be, but it's not completely unreasonable. I didn't completely hate FM2, FM3, FM5, FH, FH2 when I completed them, so Turn 10 aren't that far off the mark.

My complaint is that they could add a bit more diversity into the races themselves - reverse tracks, alternate tracks, variant race types, etc. I really don't need to drive the same Laguna Seca another 1000 laps.
EnjoyableCoffee
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:35
I'll tell you a ridiculous completion time, 10,000 hours on Pure Hold'em.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 24 September 15 at 21:08, Edited on 24 September 15 at 21:09 by misfit119
MisterRareSteak said:As a side note, didn't FM4 import unicorns from FM3, so if you play that first, you should get that achievement. Of course that adds a whole new dimension, grinding across multiple games! angryYou could do that but only if you had the Unicorns in FM3 which I didn't. Which means FM4 will never be completed for me no matter what I do.

The Globalizer said:I
My complaint is that they could add a bit more diversity into the races themselves - reverse tracks, alternate tracks, variant race types, etc. I really don't need to drive the same Laguna Seca another 1000 laps.
This is exactly my issue. Just flip the tracks. Reverse them. Do something to make the monotony less of an issue. I don't mind the idea of racing 5,000 times to get the achievement, just don't make me race the same races time and time again to do so.
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 25 September 15 at 03:15
misfit119 said:You could do that but only if you had the Unicorns in FM3 which I didn't. Which means FM4 will never be completed for me no matter what I do.They weren't unicorns in FM3, just ordinary cars you can buy in-game.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 25 September 15 at 07:05
MisterRareSteak said:misfit119 said:You could do that but only if you had the Unicorns in FM3 which I didn't. Which means FM4 will never be completed for me no matter what I do.They weren't unicorns in FM3, just ordinary cars you can buy in-game.Yeah but the cars that had to be imported into Forza 4 to get the unicorn achievement are limited edition cars you could only get from a limited edition Forza 3. You can't just buy them in the shop in F3 and then start and F4, import the save and pop. You'd need a particular LE version with specific cars to do it.
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:33
Is that right? My brother has my FM3 disc at the moment, so can't check for you (he's even further behind on the grind than I am).

The following 3 unicorns did import for me, but they were unicorns in FM3 as well, and you said you didn't have any FM3 unicorns, so I guess that doesn't help:
1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS Coupe
2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A
2006 Subaru Impreza S204

And these other 2 unicorns imported for being a VIP member:
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
2007 Ferrari 430 Scudena

And there were some others as well if you owned the "Ultimate" version, or certain pre-order variations, or whatever. But I reckon just being am FM3 VIP member would get you at least the last 2.

Not sure if that helps you or not, and please double check before you buy a VIP membership or anything, my memory has been abused too much to be entirely trustworthy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.