Game Discussion: Forza Motorsport 6 Forum

Ridiculous Completion Time

AuthorMessage
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:55
I appreciate the effort you put into that but yeah, you had to get the VIP DLC while it was on the marketplace but I didn't. I was honestly not paying much attention to Forza at the time thinking "Who delists DLC for a series that's still running?" Well the answer is Microsoft. The DLC was pulled because it was no longer selling about two years or so ago. Now your only way of getting the cars is via Limited Edition codes that don't even work most of the time since they've made it so that people can't download the packs unless its straight from your DL history. It's stupid, it's dumb, it's Microsoft.
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
The Mascal
The Mascal
Posted on 25 September 15 at 09:34
Did you guys really expect a quick completion?

laugh
Beer.
MisterRareSteak
Posted on 25 September 15 at 11:02
Oh right, didn't realise FM3 DLCs are no longer being sold, sorry. What a bunch of arse-clowns. I think that if companies make chievos impossible to get by pulling DLCs, or pulling multiplayer servers down, or whatever, than everyone should just be automatically be awarded the associated achievements.

Is there any way I can get my unicorns to you? Don't need them any more myself.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:40
MisterRareSteak said:Oh right, didn't realise FM3 DLCs are no longer being sold, sorry. What a bunch of arse-clowns. I think that if companies make chievos impossible to get by pulling DLCs, or pulling multiplayer servers down, or whatever, than everyone should just be automatically be awarded the associated achievements.

I really dont think people should be credited for achieving something they didnt achieve...solution is much easier....dont delist DLC and games, unless there is licensing issues
adiash73
adiash73
Posted on 25 September 15 at 16:00
And here was me thinking Forza achievements were not grindy enough.

I mean seriously, when are they going to stick one in there for getting max affinity with every car manufacturer or to level 25 with every car.

Come on Turn 10, that's what everyone wants.........

Obviously I'm taking the piss, Forza always have been and always will be grindy to get all the achievements.

There people out there that only play for fun and or lap time bragging rights that will spend far more time on it that it would take to unlock all the achievements, but they never complete it.

They are having fun doing it, after all it's probably the best racing sim out there, although still not perfect.

To me going through the races by myself without ever hiring a driver is enjoyable, so getting all the achievements isn't a chore or boring, it just takes a while.
Check out my regular Sunday blog here on TA

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 26 September 15 at 13:52, Edited on 26 September 15 at 13:53 by
The races get really dull and tediously boring in Forza after a few hundred or so races, for me. (As opposed to Gran Turismo).

I don't know. I love the series and will be getting this one very soon.

Own all the main Forzas and will probably never 1000G them.

The achievements have always been grindy, but if you're a true gamer it will either:

Not matter to you because that's the nature of the Forza beast, and accepting the sacrifice of not having 1000G is an easy decision considering how great the games are.

or

Not matter to you because a grind is no obstacle. Whilst others may see 'grind' you see 'opportunity'. Whilst others see long hours of 'boredom', you see long hours of 'fun'.

Suck up your woes, gamers. Suck them up.
misfit119
misfit119
Posted on 26 September 15 at 23:54, Edited on 27 September 15 at 00:10 by misfit119
TheMaize said:MisterRareSteak said:Oh right, didn't realise FM3 DLCs are no longer being sold, sorry. What a bunch of arse-clowns. I think that if companies make chievos impossible to get by pulling DLCs, or pulling multiplayer servers down, or whatever, than everyone should just be automatically be awarded the associated achievements.

I really dont think people should be credited for achieving something they didnt achieve...solution is much easier....dont delist DLC and games, unless there is licensing issues
It was apparently a licensing issue or something with Top Gear or one of the car designers, I forget. Regardless it wasn't worth renewing the license for them which just infuriates me. I don't like the idea of just giving me the achievement but I wish they'd put something into the game to help me solve it, like giving people Unicorns for purchase if they buy enough other cars or something instead of making them so stupidly impossible to get.

EDIT: And now that they've pulled the Porsche DLC for Forza 4 that gap of finishing the Forza games is growing even further. Me and Turn 10 are no longer friends. Better do the store and club stuff before that gets pulled too. Also that Forza 4 can chew on a big fat floppy donkey... ear. Yes that's what I was going to say...angry
Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
WillBee68
WillBee68
Posted on 26 May 18 at 16:20
i haven't completed the endurance races yet, but hopefully they allow you to simulate them like GT 4 did. i would just start them and walk away. So far FM6 is just as fun as i found GT to be. i do wish it was a little more open-world where you decided how to attack the courses instead of the game kind of holding your hand.
Additionally, there definitely are cars that work best in every series, and the game kind of gently nudges you towards using those cars (if you want to win). Perfect example: in the Modern Hypercars the Hennesey Venom is insanely fast but is darn near impossible to drive. The McLaren P1 is not quite as fast, but it is much easier to drive, possibly because it is heavier.
Still learning the tuning...which is the most fun part of the game in both the GT and Forza series.
i do wish there was more fanfare when you win a race or series. there was always that sense of accomplishment when you won in GT.
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 26 May 18 at 16:31
Havnt been able to get the AI to drive for you since Forza4
Pom poms at the ready, cheerleaders!
xSpartanReapers
Posted on 27 May 18 at 06:41
WillBee68 said:
i haven't completed the endurance races yet, but hopefully they allow you to simulate them like GT 4 did. i would just start them and walk away. So far FM6 is just as fun as i found GT to be. i do wish it was a little more open-world where you decided how to attack the courses instead of the game kind of holding your hand.
Additionally, there definitely are cars that work best in every series, and the game kind of gently nudges you towards using those cars (if you want to win). Perfect example: in the Modern Hypercars the Hennesey Venom is insanely fast but is darn near impossible to drive. The McLaren P1 is not quite as fast, but it is much easier to drive, possibly because it is heavier.
Still learning the tuning...which is the most fun part of the game in both the GT and Forza series.
i do wish there was more fanfare when you win a race or series. there was always that sense of accomplishment when you won in GT.
No you can't simulate or hire a driver for those races. You're gonna be spending probably at least 2-3 hours per race. I'm not really looking forward to doing it lol
The Globalizer
Posted on 27 May 18 at 18:05
xSpartanReapers said:
WillBee68 said:
No you can't simulate or hire a driver for those races. You're gonna be spending probably at least 2-3 hours per race. I'm not really looking forward to doing it lol
They're really not that bad tbh. Only the longest ones were really a chore. The endless normal races were a far more tedious grind.
FullNietzsche
FullNietzsche
Posted on 27 May 18 at 18:20
WillBee68 said:
Yes this... the whole career mode is just like a lazy copy and paste, a joyless grind. Even Forza Motorsport 3 gave you a little gold medal after a win, and when you got all golds in a series there was a tiny bit of fanfare. Not GT level, but at least it was something.
xSpartanReapers
Posted on 03 July 18 at 08:13
FullNietzsche said:
WillBee68 said:
Yes this... the whole career mode is just like a lazy copy and paste, a joyless grind. Even Forza Motorsport 3 gave you a little gold medal after a win, and when you got all golds in a series there was a tiny bit of fanfare. Not GT level, but at least it was something.
I'm gonna be breaking this career up, like maybe doing 1 group of races daily, that way I'm not spending hours and hours straight doing nothing but racing.
Mattyl22l
Mattyl22l
Posted on 27 May 19 at 12:14
Happy to say I just completed this game 100% smile

My stats concluded: 781 races, 11,828 miles, 118 hours 42 minutes
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.