Game Discussion: Max Payne 3

Looking to get that 1 win in Deathmatch

• Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 22 September 15 at 02:36Permalink
    I don't have the DLC and don't expect to get it. I just want to grab that one win sometime. Do people still play this or is it easy to boost in some deathmatch list?
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • misfit119misfit119917,981
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 08:22Permalink
    Pretty sure you need a whole group of people, like six or eight or something, so you'd need a boosting session. When I checked it out with my spare tag it took awhile to get a game started and everyone who plays is pretty hardcore. Might be hard to do without boosting unless you're very patient.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 11:40Permalink
    misfit119 said:Pretty sure you need a whole group of people, like six or eight or something, so you'd need a boosting session. When I checked it out with my spare tag it took awhile to get a game started and everyone who plays is pretty hardcore. Might be hard to do without boosting unless you're very patient.Problem is nobody wants to boost just the game. All anyone boosts is the DLC.
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 13:38Permalink
    I'll boost it with you... Need the win a wager too but seems like it will be hard to boost with just two of us
    Aye, we left you. You're fat, and slow, and we didn't want to die.
  • matdanmatdan711,578
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 14:51Permalink
    You could wait for the inevitable sale, as the DLC is on sale dozens of times so far this year hard to miss it and costs nearly nothing on sale.
    Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon, Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath!
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:25Permalink
    Yea but then u got a shitload of grindy mp chieves to get... F that
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:48Permalink
    matdan12 said:You could wait for the inevitable sale, as the DLC is on sale dozens of times so far this year hard to miss it and costs nearly nothing on sale.Yeah, buy DLC I don't want just because it's on sale when the stuff I want never goes on goddamn sale so I'm probably going to have to give in an pay full price for that. The only Max Payne DLC I might've considered is Challenge mode, but I still haven't made it through NYM Hardcore, and I can't stand these unskippable fucking cutscenes ever 2 seconds.
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 21:55Permalink
    misfit119 said:Pretty sure you need a whole group of people, like six or eight or something, so you'd need a boosting session. When I checked it out with my spare tag it took awhile to get a game started and everyone who plays is pretty hardcore. Might be hard to do without boosting unless you're very patient.You actually only need one other person for this particular achievement.

The thing that sucks about boosting in this game is if you don't have the same DLC as others, (even if you're not in a DLC map/gamemode) you cannot boost together. I've had so many issues trying to match up with people because of this.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 22:03Permalink
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:misfit119 said:Pretty sure you need a whole group of people, like six or eight or something, so you'd need a boosting session. When I checked it out with my spare tag it took awhile to get a game started and everyone who plays is pretty hardcore. Might be hard to do without boosting unless you're very patient.You actually only need one other person for this particular achievement.

The thing that sucks about boosting in this game is if you don't have the same DLC as others, (even if you're not in a DLC map/gamemode) you cannot boost together. I've had so many issues trying to match up with people because of this.
    Isn't that the whole point of the 3 compatibility packs?
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 23:11Permalink
    NoLifeDGenerate said:Isn't that the whole point of the 3 compatibility packs?Those packs do nothing. even w/ matching DLC it's a mess. I've never been able to match up with my friend (after trying everything) or my 2nd account.
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 06:15Permalink
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:misfit119 said:Pretty sure you need a whole group of people, like six or eight or something, so you'd need a boosting session. When I checked it out with my spare tag it took awhile to get a game started and everyone who plays is pretty hardcore. Might be hard to do without boosting unless you're very patient.You actually only need one other person for this particular achievement.

Oooookay... I have the game and all the DLC, so I can do this one achievement solo and then begin the hell that is trying to match up with other people? It's the online that's been preventing me from starting this - not that it's there but that I hear it's a miserable mess trying to get matched up. Guess it's time to see how many achievements that means I'd have hell earning in the MP....
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 10:07Permalink
    All the mp chieves should be easy compared to new York minute hardcore though ^
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 20:57Permalink
    EaseAndInspire said:All the mp chieves should be easy compared to new York minute hardcore though ^Yeah but that's single player. I can piss and moan and whine and fling controllers about that achievement. I"d hate to be able to not get achievements simply because I can't get an online game going. It'd be like them having discontinued achievements.
  • Posted on 24 September 15 at 21:34Permalink
    misfit119 said:EaseAndInspire said:All the mp chieves should be easy compared to new York minute hardcore though ^Yeah but that's single player. I can piss and moan and whine and fling controllers about that achievement. I"d hate to be able to not get achievements simply because I can't get an online game going. It'd be like them having discontinued achievements.A good point, but you have to beat the entire game on hard mode without dying while racing against the clock lol...
    Posted on 25 September 15 at 06:31Permalink
    I actually did New York Minute in the second game but that one was easier than the first. Not too worried though, I can work it out.laugh Famous last words.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.