Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

XBL Sale Roundup: September 23rd, 2015

• WessmonsterWessmonster301,916
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 15:32, Edited on 23 September 15 at 15:46 by WessmonsterPermalink
    Larvi said:The Pinball Arcade season 1&2 bundles are also on sale on the XB1, both have achievements tied to them as wellThese indie games are still on sale as well.

Chariot Bundle - $8.00 (50% off)
    Clusterpuck 99 - $10.04 (33% off)
    Inside My Radio - $11.99 (20% off)
    Draw a Stickman: EPIC - $5.99 (25% off)
    Pumped BMX + - $7.99 (20% off)
    Overruled! - $7.50 (50% off)
    Extreme Exorcism - $11.69 (10% off)
    Penarium - $8.99 (10% off)
    https://www.facebook.com/GAMESWITHGOLDXBOXLIVE
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 15:51Permalink
    Larvi said:The Pinball Arcade season 1&2 bundles are also on sale on the XB1, both have achievements tied to them as wellHow much GS in a season, and do you get the tables for both 360 and XB1 buying them that way? Never saw those before. This game has so much separate shit it sucks. I just want another simple one like the Williams Pinball disc. :(
    100% Onyx MAX on Halo: Reach 6/19/2012: 230+ DAYS playtime, 69+ million credits. 1.4 million FF kills.
  • ChewieOnIceChewieOnIce763,652
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:06, Edited on 23 September 15 at 16:13 by ChewieOnIcePermalink
    Wessmonster said:Where do they source their sales from? The format looks very similar to another site, straight down to the order the currencies are listed in and the way they are separated.The sales are sourced direct from the marketplaces. The format for these articles have been the same for years. I usually spend anywhere between 2 and 4 hours compiling and formatting, as well as populating the sales hub along with members of the Sales team, so if there's another site doing it the same either it's a coincidence or them copying us. We also usually include Japanese pricing and the new release limited time discounts but because of the lateness this week we decided to forgo it.
    @ChewieOnIce | NewsHound | 'Please don't kill us.' 'Please don't make it so appealing'
  • Larvi1Larvi11,400,007
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:29Permalink
    NoLifeDGenerate said:Larvi said:The Pinball Arcade season 1&2 bundles are also on sale on the XB1, both have achievements tied to them as wellHow much GS in a season, and do you get the tables for both 360 and XB1 buying them that way? Never saw those before. This game has so much separate shit it sucks. I just want another simple one like the Williams Pinball disc. :(525GS for season 1 and 475GS for season 2 is what I calculate. Essentially between the 2 packs you can get all of the current achievements for the game. No cross buy between the 360 and XB1 that I'm aware of. I already owned several of the tables on the 360 and didn't have anything on the XB1 until I bought these 2 season packs. But for the 360 I'm pretty sure you only need season 1 to get all of the achievements.
  • KedrixKedrix165,059
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 16:42Permalink
    Just Zen Classics (Pinball FX2) for me. I think I have every other table I want for FX2 packwise. I wish they would do sales for the one-off tables. Even just a $1 would help.
    Michael Durr Gamertag: Kedrix www.kedrix.net
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 23 September 15 at 17:09, Edited on 23 September 15 at 17:09 by Permalink
    ChewieOnIce said:*Chewie raises a weak and withered arm*
    Sooo....rrryyy....
    *Chewie collapses*
    ChewieOnThinIce
  • WestsideSxEWestsideSxE483,273
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 17:11Permalink
    do the Zen table licenses still transfer from 360 to bOne? Debating about seeing what holes need filling if that's still in effect...
  • Posted on 23 September 15 at 17:11Permalink
    So if I buy

The Pinball Arcade (Xbox 360)
    • "Season One Bundle" - 50% off - Now US$12.49 / £9.99 / €12.49 / AU$16.72

will i have access to all the dlc achievements? =) don't have to buy the two table packages? =)
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,557
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 18:11Permalink
    I got the only Marvel Pinball table set I didn't had: Vengeance and Virtue.
    I wish they would put the other individual ones in packs. Like Venom, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man and the rest...
  • CM TranceCM Trance192,557
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 18:12Permalink
    WestsideSxE said:do the Zen table licenses still transfer from 360 to bOne? Debating about seeing what holes need filling if that's still in effect...Yes they do and actually, Zen Studios highly recommends to do this.
  • Larvi1Larvi11,400,007
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 18:15Permalink
    AntaraelDulacre said:So if I buy

will i have access to all the dlc achievements? =) don't have to buy the two table packages? =)
    Yes, all of the DLC tables are in season 1. You would still need to buy the base game if you don't already have it as well.
  • k0pp0k0pp0387,532
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 18:30Permalink
    picked up the DMC's and DLC for 360, can part ex the physicals now.
  • SpilnerSpilner772,272
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:34Permalink
    Absolutely nothing for me this week, my xbox wallet breaths a sigh of relief.
  • MasterpasjeMasterpasje322,901
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:36Permalink
    To anyone that has bought (and played) the season packs of the 360 version of Pinball Arcade after already having bought the game and its smaller two-table packs: did you encounter problems getting your new tables to work properly?
    I keep reading about all sorts of problems that people bumped into right after the season packs were released. Game progress and high scores disappearing, needing to redownload all the season 2 and 3 tables each and every single time you play the game because they vanish each time, the game's title, and therefore, placement in your game list changing from "The Pinball Arcade" to whatever table pack you last downloaded... It appears to be a hopeless and rushed mess.
    Did you encounter these problems too? I cannot discover if these problems are still occurring or if Farsight has fixed them. ...Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.
  • Pare ESPPare ESP1,246,321
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:42Permalink
    Larvi said:AntaraelDulacre said:So if I buy

Yes, all of the DLC tables are in season 1. You would still need to buy the base game if you don't already have it as well.
    In that case it is cheaper to buy the base game and the 3 DLCs separately instead of seasson 1 bundle
  • DuBear61DuBear61336,524
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 19:49Permalink
    Nice pinch hit BOI! wink
    DuBear61 (Aka Duane)
  • Larvi1Larvi11,400,007
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:00Permalink
    True, from an achievement only perspective that would be the cheapest route. But if you enjoy the game for a few bucks more you will get a lot more tables. Plus in the highly unlikely event they do a title update that adds more achievements you would be in a better place.

Personally I bought the base and the first 2 table packs on the 360 before it got delisted. I haven't purchased any of the season bundles for the 360 and probably won't since they aren't cross buys. So I can't answer the question if purchasing a season bundle when you already own table packs causes issues.
  • Blue PapyrusBlue Papyrus206,421
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:47Permalink
    Going to pick up Alien Isolation for 360.
  • MugenKairoMugenKairo252,586
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 20:49Permalink
    WebMan99 said:BudgetBallin360 said:Maybe I'll get the Lara Croft game......I was thinking the same thing ... until I found out that there is an achievement that requires 4 controllers.

Aargh, why!?!
    Because some developers just want to watch world burn... laugh DMC has been on my list for some time and also includes the DLC. Looks like MS is playing fair and starting to include the DLC in its sales now!
    'Life begins beyond the edge of your comfort zone'
  • KBop a dooKBop a doo323,404
    Posted on 23 September 15 at 21:52Permalink
    MugenKairo said:Because some developers just want to watch world burn... laugh DMC has been on my list for some time and also includes the DLC. Looks like MS is playing fair and starting to include the DLC in its sales now!On some things :/ the DMC has all the DLC on sale but look at Battlefield BC2, only Vietnam is on sale. There are several other DLC packs with achievements in Bad Company 2 and none of them are on sale.

Sigh. I'm just butthurt because none of the ones I need are on sale cry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.