Game Discussion: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (Xbox 360)

Characters still locked?

• Dan B 697Dan B 697272,112
    Posted on 24 September 15 at 17:05Permalink
    I have played far enough into the game now that I have unlocked Dr. Strange, Blade, Daredevil, and Black Panther but when I go to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Access Point to change my team I don't see them. I have about 6 locked characters that I can see. Any help on this?

Also looking for someone to lend a hand with multiplayer achievements and the hard mode playthrough if someone is at the last boss? It would be much appreciated.
  • Dan B 697Dan B 697272,112
    Posted on 28 September 15 at 19:59Permalink
    Just managed to figure this out, it seems as if you disconnect from xbox live while playing it resets your characters and costumes. The way to fix this is to reload a checkpoint from before you disconnected so I suggest playing offline to avoid this.
  • FoogaFooga1,387,321
    Posted on 02 March 16 at 10:37Permalink
    When we unlocked the characters, they never appeared. Also, when I switched a character out in Mephisto's Realm for Ghost Rider, I chose Venom. Even though it said I got him back, he never returned and is also locked.

Really annoying!
    Currently playing: Dying Light
  • BRARROWBRARROW372,308
    Posted on 16 March 16 at 01:48Permalink
    Unless you actually want to use those guys in game, you should be OK. You will still be able to play their Sim missions and unlock the costumes ( you have to use their first costume, no way to change it since the game sees them as locked). Silver Surfer is the tricky one, I can tell you how if you want, just did all this stuff over the past few days.
  • AchtiAchti518,937
    Posted on 17 March 16 at 10:15Permalink
    This glitch is actually vey simple to understand. every time you unlock an achievement your game progress (unlocked characters, costumes) is reverted back to the last save you made.

so the way to avoid this glitch is to save every time you unlock a character or costume and BEFORE you unlock an achievement.

some characters are unlocked together with an achievement which causes it to never see them unlock. simply save before you unlock them, do the requirements to gain that character, let the achievement pop, reload your previous save and do the same again to unlock that character. You should now see that character unlocks.
  • Posted on 04 September 17 at 18:37Permalink
    I wish my 4 didnt relock.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.