Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games With Gold Announced For October

AuthorMessage

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:36, Edited on 24 September 15 at 18:37 by
I'm not a fan of stacking but I'll take what they're offering I suppose
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:37, Edited on 24 September 15 at 18:37 by Marcos Aspira
Are the cheevos on the Walking Dead games auto unlock when you play the other version?
Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
JeDiMlnDTrlcks
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:38
Hopefully next month Forza Horizon is free on the 360; I'm itching for a racing game and they've never given a racing game for free and seeing as how it's published by Microsoft Studios, here's hoping.

As for these offerings, the two Xbox One games are easy completions and gamerscore so that's good. TWD on 360 I already did so that's unfortunate (14$ paid for the completion) and I never played a Metal Gear game so I'll try it if it's easy completion.
KBop a doo
KBop a doo
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:44, Edited on 24 September 15 at 18:46 by KBop a doo
Dwaggienite said:Really? Walking Dead Season One? For BOTH consoles?! That's an insult to anyone who's bought the season passes, or bought the discs, or both.

Goddammit.

I believe this'll be the first time, other than the permanently-made-free season pass of titanfall, that a season pass has been given away completely free?
It's not really comparable to the season pass of Titanfall, Titanfall has a base game. Without the Titanfall DLC, there is still a game you can play. Without the season pass of Walking Dead, you have no game.

Releasing it in episodes and calling it a "season pass" is just a marketing strategy. It's just a game like any other game, and plenty of people bought it on disc and never had to deal with the "episodes" and "season pass" aspect of it.
MattQuin89
MattQuin89
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:44, Edited on 24 September 15 at 18:45 by MattQuin89
First time GWG has been a game I already own!

Will be stacking the 360 version of walking dead though, reckon 400 days will be thrown in with it?
Marcos Aspira
Marcos Aspira
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:45
MattQuin89 said:Will be stacking the 360 version of walking dead though, reckon 400 days will be thrown in with it?I guess not
Forever damned to not complete Worms 2 Armageddon... T_T
Spilner
Spilner
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:47
Marcos Aspira said:Are the cheevos on the Walking Dead games auto unlock when you play the other version?No
The Mascal
The Mascal
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:49
I have been waiting to buy TWD for the 360. smile
Beer.
Tanelorn82
Tanelorn82
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:52
Dwaggienite said:Really? Walking Dead Season One? For BOTH consoles?! That's an insult to anyone who's bought the season passes, or bought the discs, or both.

Goddammit.

I believe this'll be the first time, other than the permanently-made-free season pass of titanfall, that a season pass has been given away completely free?
no, it's not an insult at all to anybody little kid. Without the "DLC", you have a 1-2 hours base game worth 5$, it's clearly insufficient for a GwG.

However, offering the same game on both consoles on the same month isn't a good move. Add MGS which was free on the XOne, it's not a great month.

At least I heard very interesting stuff on Valiant Hearts, so I'm glad it's free.
Welcome to TA, where stats are made up and some achievements do not matter.
Maxumilli0n
Maxumilli0n
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:57
Just started working on TWD on XB1 good thing it's rented. But I will be stacking on 360 version as well if I can bear it.
Rotcat
Rotcat
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:57
Yeah love the 360 GWG <3!! EASY ACHIEVEMENTS & FUN :)
VENI, VIDI, VICI!
SoiledDoughnut
Posted on 24 September 15 at 18:59
I didn't really enjoy the first season of The Walking Dead so I was hoping it was gonna be the second season so I could try that one out. Either way though, free is free, I'll take it.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" - John Locke
Jamiereloaded23
Jamiereloaded23
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:03
I think the use of The Walking Dead on both consoles is quite a strategic move, what with it being Halloween at the end of the month, and season 6 of The Walking Dead coming back on TV in October too. I really don't get the complaints from people about Metal Gear Solid being given away either, you don't have to play it, no-one is holding a gun to your head, I for one will happily play it after I have done the Xbox One version. I'm glad that Valiant Heart is here too as I've been waiting for it to drop into a sale for ages, so getting it free is even better.
paintballgirl
paintballgirl
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:08
MLP JAM II said:I HAVE ALL THOSE GAMES tf!!!!!!!!That's generally my reaction every month. Lol.
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:11
I thought I finally had a GWG month where I wasn't getting any new games, then came Valiant Hearts. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as everyone else.
NO1KEV
NO1KEV
Dont shy away from valianthearts if you havent played it. Its an absolute gem of a game and the story will give you some emotions its awesome. I'll have both xbox1 offerings, done both 360 games.

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Bastards... I feel like I should stop buying gams :( got them all AGAIN...
Written in the stars.
CRZYSPZ
CRZYSPZ
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:14
Only going to be able to pick up Valiant Hearts (FINALLY!) and Ground Zeroes again (eh).

I fully expect Thief to be free for the One soonish. Main reason why I didn't buy it the last time it was on sale.
Noisy neighbour
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:17
Moan rant whine self entitled b******t.
Lord Von Chimp
Posted on 24 September 15 at 19:18
OMFGIHAVETHEMALL shut the fudge up....

it's free, stop yer whining, not everyone has these titles, I don't have either on Xbox One, and even though i've already played Walking Dead on 360, i'm looking forward to the chance to do it all again on the one, and pick different choices, just to understand that it's all pointless and it'll end up in the same place regardless! still, fun!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.