Gaming News Forum

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Games With Gold Announced For October

AuthorMessage
SilvrgunSuprman
Posted on 25 September 15 at 07:58
YES...My finger was literally on the Purchase button for Ground Zero's two nights ago!! Saved me 20 bucks....Thanks MS.
TangerineGamer
TangerineGamer
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:08
Bought Valient Hearts when it was on sale a while ago, liked it so much got it on the other platform too and was happy to pay for it.

Completed both Walking Dead versions and recommend getting it if you haven't played them before

MGS Ground Zeroes I haven't got into yet even though I have it on PS4 (free) and XB1 (free) already, loved MGS 1 and 2 but lost interest when Snake Eater came out. Will still get it and maybe get round to it at some point
bennjjee
bennjjee
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:28
Both Xbox One titles are fantastic games and well worth full playthroughs if you haven't already.
Strykerz911
Strykerz911
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:37
Walking Dead is a really good game, I hope you guys enjoy.
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:38
Valient Hearts is so so ace highly recommended but wouldn't play it again as there are collectibles and stuff and a really tricky achievement at the end that nearly made me throw my controller out of the window. You HAve to play it though one of the best stories I've ever played very emotional.

I'm glad I don't need any of these to be honest it gives me a chance to catch up briefly until next month.
Hanx
Hanx
Posted on 25 September 15 at 08:54
Can't please everyone can they. No matter what games they give out, someone will always own them. Gold membership is always worth paying for though.
OneSeventyOut
OneSeventyOut
Posted on 25 September 15 at 09:43
2 games I haven't played, heard some good stuff about both and both seem to be easy 1000GS - I'll take those
Iceman Mendez
Iceman Mendez
Posted on 25 September 15 at 10:31
Really interested in Valiant Hearts, this one slipped past me. Also going to play TWD on XBO (completed it on 360 before) eventually because it's free gamerscore and an effortless 100%. Could've been worse.
Hmizzz
Hmizzz
Posted on 25 September 15 at 11:01
Well, I don't have an Xbox One and I already have completed both 360 games :( Backlog !

There was a fake rumor about Alan Wake, The Evil Within (360) and Outlast + Alien Isolation (One) going free in October, I'm disappointed.
http://www.trueachievements.com/gamercards/zRaijin.png
JYN209
JYN209
Posted on 25 September 15 at 11:03
And I was in the middle of choosing a TellTale game!
napoearth
napoearth
Posted on 25 September 15 at 12:14
I actually have none of these and will gladly get them all!laugh

Removed Gamer
Gamer has been removed
Posted on 25 September 15 at 12:45, Edited on 25 September 15 at 12:46 by
Didn't relise MGS was free for the 360 :o
Written in the stars.
a box of fish
a box of fish
Posted on 25 September 15 at 12:57
napoearth said:I actually have none of these and will gladly get them all!laughNot a fan of Telltale games but I'll be glad to pick up all four free games as I own none of them.
Licking an electrical outlet will not turn you into a Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.
TheMaize
TheMaize
Posted on 25 September 15 at 13:59
zRaijin said:Well, I don't have an Xbox One and I already have completed both 360 games :( Backlog !

There was a fake rumor about Alan Wake, The Evil Within (360) and Outlast + Alien Isolation (One) going free in October, I'm disappointed.
I seriously doubt they would give away that many survival horror games in ONE month..pretty sure they would spread them out a bit more...
Ahayzo
Ahayzo
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:20
TheMaize said:zRaijin said:Well, I don't have an Xbox One and I already have completed both 360 games :( Backlog !

I seriously doubt they would give away that many survival horror games in ONE month..pretty sure they would spread them out a bit more...
Actually for the month of Halloween that's not too crazy.

Although I will say I have yet to ever see a rumor of GWG be true, so when I see one I pretty much instantly write it off as wrong.
Plathfan
Plathfan
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:21
Love TWD so will happily replay it on the One. Valiant Hearts looks brilliant too!
xPut Name Herex
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:24
TheMaize said:zRaijin said:Well, I don't have an Xbox One and I already have completed both 360 games :( Backlog !

Pretty much everyone of those rumors ends up getting disproven anyway. It always seems to come from those websites whose sole business strategy is managing to get on top of the Google search results, so they fabricate these stories towards the end of the month in order to capture all the people searching "Games With Gold [MONTH]" before the actual GwG are announced.

In short, don't believe anything you see until Major Nelson states the games that will be included.
ALollz
ALollz
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:26
If I remember, the Walking Dead was pretty mediocre as you quickly realize that none of your choices really end up mattering that much.

Would be a free and easy 1000 GS, but I don't feel like killing my ratio for no reason. :p
FiveWizz
FiveWizz
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:35
I always wondered if people didn't play games that would effect their ratio lol it appears it does happen ^ That must suck to be controlled by that. No offence honestly I totally get it because I'm working on my percentage now and I'm doing the stupidest crap just to raise it.
Living Legends
Posted on 25 September 15 at 14:38, Edited on 25 September 15 at 14:39 by Living Legends
Dwaggienite said:Really? Walking Dead Season One? For BOTH consoles?! That's an insult to anyone who's bought the season passes, or bought the discs, or both.

Goddammit.

I believe this'll be the first time, other than the permanently-made-free season pass of titanfall, that a season pass has been given away completely free?
Season pass equals buying the game in this case. So every month someone has to feel like this because a game they paid full price is all of suddem free. Its not an insult to anyone. You paid years ago iam patient to wait for it. Other games gave dlc for free because there was no season pass. If I bought black ops2 years ago and its free I would not be mad. I paid the cash to play it since day one, they had to wait years for them to get their turn. Patience is a virtue.

I am happy for these games again
Praise the sun!!!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.